**Post your picture here from T.E porch**

I know it isn't the best quality, but thought it would be a handy reference for future photos:) (For instance the placement of youngins on the steps)
TheFrontPorch.jpg

Watching that clip reminded me of when I was a kid watching Disney on Sunday Night. TV of course was not what it is today back then. For you young'uns back in the 70's Disney showed a movie every Sunday night. Too bad tv isn't the same today. Those were classics like Ol Yeller, Apple Dumplin Gang and many others. I was always amazed how the voices in those movies sounded like instruments.

I would bet this is a favorite of Miss Sundee's as it has Haley Mills in it. Maybe she would come down to TE when we do the grand gathering 4th of July and sing this for all of us.

Scott, that is a great pic. Annie and I will have to get one next time we're there.

lol @ apple dumplin gang.... it was on in NY/NJ channel 4 i believe. 7:30 sundays........ disney show, not colson.

Had big plans of posing my group on the porch just like the movie. I was fortunate to get this picture with just a couple of them. ;)
There is always next time!!
FWJan08124.jpg

Had big plans of posing my group on the porch just like the movie. I was fortunate to get this picture with just a couple of them. ;)

YEAH...the thread lives !! We need more pictures people....I know lots of you were there last month !! It's going to be a L-O-N-G time before mine will get posted :sad1:

Thanks. I used the timer on my camera to take this photo. Took several,(was quite entertaining to others on the porch as I set camera run to chair, try to act all settled in, then FLASH, run do it over again) but I liked this one the best. I had printed out the photo of Burl and the family on the porch so I could reference it to stage our picture. But part of my group was only there for a short time, and we were on the run all weekend. It was almost check out time when I got us down to the Settlement, snapped a few pics, then hurried back to tear down and hit the road.

I have been told this is a better picture, :confused3 so I am presuming to post yet another photo.:eek: Hey at least I am bumping this to the top;)

FWJan08127ed.jpg

Whats the name of the tiny little restaraunt on Tom Sawyers Island? The one thats NEVER open? Momma somethin, or Aunt somethin.....anyway...they have a few rocking chairs there....and the family lost me on the island last trip (it took me 15 minutes to get them to finally "loose" me, that little obstacle coarse of an island can wear a big guy out) So I had a nice little sit down in a rocker...and called them to tell them where to find me when they were finished exploring the island.....I fell asleep SO deep that when they woke me up they said a large group of asians were "politely giggling" at my chainsaw snoring....it WAS a peaceful little spot, till I started breaking the sound barrier with nasal music!!!! Thank god I wasnt drooling too!!!

Whats the name of the tiny little restaraunt on Tom Sawyers Island? The one thats NEVER open? Momma somethin, or Aunt somethin.....anyway...they have a few rocking chairs there....and the family lost me on the island last trip (it took me 15 minutes to get them to finally "loose" me, that little obstacle coarse of an island can wear a big guy out) So I had a nice little sit down in a rocker...and called them to tell them where to find me when they were finished exploring the island.....I fell asleep SO deep that when they woke me up they said a large group of asians were "politely giggling" at my chainsaw snoring....it WAS a peaceful little spot, till I started breaking the sound barrier with nasal music!!!! Thank god I wasnt drooling too!!!

Aunt Polly's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter