Priceline winner from Dallas to Orlando

Coachmwill

Earning My Ears
I just went through priceline and came away with a winning bid of $140 from Dallas to Orlando. When taxes are added the price comes out to $172.95. I added travel insurance and the total cost for four tickets was 691.00. I feel like this is a decent deal. What do the experts out there think?:p

What are the dates of your flights?

I live in San ANtoino and got what I thought was a good Priceline deal in Jan 2000 of $169 (total). Believe it or not for our December 2000 trip I got tickets for $134 total through Continental's website. Same path SA-IAH-MCO and back.

I assume this ticket has no stops. Give us details and I know you'll get lots of opinions. With the high prices out there right now this sounds like a pretty good deal to me. San Antonio to Orlando right now is about $300!

The dates of our trip are November 17-November 22. We leave DFW and connect through Charlotte. Our trip in June of 2000 we got airfare $120 plus $25 bonus money per ticket from Houston through Atlanta. We have family that live in Humble so we stopped off there last year to visit. The priceline propaganda says that we saved $484.20. I checked with Delta, American, and all of their fares were about $300 round trip. USAirways seems to be the winner here.

It's not bad but you can get tickets that cheap by watching the fares. I bought last month for our Nov trip and got $169 DFW-MCO on Delta with no stops. I have used priceline and been pleased with it on a trip to Kentucky this year but I watched the fares and didn't see anything near what I got tickets for. There were no direct flights where I wanted to go and I wasn't on a tight schedule. All of those variables have to be considered.

Coachmwill, did you use the $25 free bonus money offer this time? If so, your bid seems a bit high to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter