Prices for November are outrageous!

The prices have been really going up it’s crazy. $600+ a night for deluxe. And $360 for a moderate 😱. Crazy For essentially a motel type room with outside entry and clothes rack in bathroom!
I think in part it is the celebration and in part trying to recoup profit losses from Covid. They are gouging!

Yeah. It is insane. I have a friend paying $700 a night at Boardwalk that mid-November week. It is because it is the 50th and the last week of Food and Wine I guess. We are paying $375 a night for a moderate motel. I usually pay that at the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental when I travel and you get a lot more. People are paying it. Coronado Springs only have $1000 a night rooms left, same with Contemporary, and Grand Floridian is $900 a night (basic room). $500 for the cabins at Fort Wilderness.

Last edited:
We booked the 25% off deal the last week of September and I still think the prices are outrageous. A trip for 2 adults for 5 nights, staying Grand Floridian (yes, I know that's an expensive resort) with tickets is around $4800. We'll still have to pay for food and I imagine that's going to be at least $500. As a comparison, we had a 7 night trip to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica in early May and paid less than $5000 for a room that included a personal butler and all you could eat and drink. Of course, different trips but Disney is starting to price us out. If we didn't have a significant amount of rewards points from our Disney VISA we'd likely book a trip to Cancun instead.

Does anyone have a clue regarding November as far as availability? I’d like to stay at a value but I’m assuming that’s not happening? It’s super slim - I did call, and she recommended to keep looking. Just wasn’t sure if anyone had more info

Pricing has two factors.

1. The rack rate
2. Which rooms are available

Right now it's rack rate with no discounts for November. The room rates are not higher due to the 50th or any other special event. They are what they are for that season. They are proportional to Disney's other seasons.

Room availability is a different story. As lower priced rooms are all taken, the lowest available rate keeps creeping up to higher and higher since you're now looking at/booking more expensive room classes.

Basically, the prices you see are here to stay (for this time of year) and will only go up pretty much every year. Discounts are also less likely if room occupancy remains high. If anything, high occupancy rates give Disney the incentive to raise rates even higher.

Yeah. It is insane. I have a friend paying $700 a night at Boardwalk that mid-November week. It is because it is the 50th and the last week of Food and Wine I guess. We are paying $350 a night for a moderate motel. I usually pay that at the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental when I travel and you get a lot more. People are paying it. Coronado Springs only have $1000 a night rooms left, same with Contemporary, and Grand Floridian is $900 a night (basic room). $500 for the cabins at WL.
Thats crazy! We paid less than $300 a night last week at the Mandarin Oriental in DC (weekday) and got free room service breakfast for 2 adults. We are staying for the first time at Four Seasons in Orlando over July 4, and we are paying less per night than we would have paid to stay at pretty much any deluxe onsite...and as you said you get a lot more. The perks of onsite are pretty much nonexistent now except for transportation, but we drive so even that isn’t much

Just a comment that $500 cabin was at Ft Wilderness. A cabin at WL would have been above $2,400 per night but sleeps 8.

Dave
Correct. Ft Wilderness.

Never knew Wilderness Lodge had cabins. other than the DVC villa resorts there. Good to know. Thanks.

Thats crazy! We paid less than $300 a night last week at the Mandarin Oriental in DC (weekday) and got free room service breakfast for 2 adults. We are staying for the first time at Four Seasons in Orlando over July 4, and we are paying less per night than we would have paid to stay at pretty much any deluxe onsite...and as you said you get a lot more. The perks of onsite are pretty much nonexistent now except for transportation, but we drive so even that isn’t much
At this stage we only stay onsite to take advantage of being able to walk to a park, so that's pretty much the Epcot and monorail resorts. And those are crazy expensive for what they offer.

Yeah. It is insane. I have a friend paying $700 a night at Boardwalk that mid-November week. It is because it is the 50th and the last week of Food and Wine I guess. We are paying $350 a night for a moderate motel. I usually pay that at the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental when I travel and you get a lot more. People are paying it. Coronado Springs only have $1000 a night rooms left, same with Contemporary, and Grand Floridian is $900 a night (basic room). $500 for the cabins at Fort Wilderness.
I'm going 2nd week in November for the 50th and F& W also, and am paying about $440 for a GDT at CSR.

Yep terrible. Going in December and i finally put deposits down couple of weeks ago. That is
AFTER stalking the site for 2 weeks for price changes/availability.

This is the first time I'm unhappy about 1. hotel prices 2. rental car prices 3. Uncertainty about
airlines since my favorite route was cut so had to look elsewhere.

Honestly thinking of scrapping the whole trip until next year but then who knows if it will be
better or worse. Frustrating for sure!

They are the same price for next year. November has just started opening up (500 days) and BC is $600 a night. CBR $340. Pop $200+. ASM at $150ish which isn't horrible but I remember seeing ASM for under $100.

We are looking to go November 2022 and I don't know what to do. DD really wants to stay at BC but I'm not paying $600 a night but I'm afraid to rent points. I don't want to do a value for 8 nights so maybe a split stay. UGH. I won't stay offsite because vacation means no driving but I guess I could use Uber.

They are the same price for next year. November has just started opening up (500 days) and BC is $600 a night. CBR $340. Pop $200+. ASM at $150ish which isn't horrible but I remember seeing ASM for under $100.

We are looking to go November 2022 and I don't know what to do. DD really wants to stay at BC but I'm not paying $600 a night but I'm afraid to rent points. I don't want to do a value for 8 nights so maybe a split stay. UGH. I won't stay offsite because vacation means no driving but I guess I could use Uber.

That is interesting about next year. I was thinking of booking for next year. But If prices are the same
than why bother. Sometimes I don't mind staying off site but not for this time in December. That is
the time i splurge but these prices are a SPLURGE:oops:

I'm hoping when more staff comes back the last hotels may open....loosening the grip.

Last edited:
We booked the 25% off deal the last week of September and I still think the prices are outrageous. A trip for 2 adults for 5 nights, staying Grand Floridian (yes, I know that's an expensive resort) with tickets is around $4800. We'll still have to pay for food and I imagine that's going to be at least $500. As a comparison, we had a 7 night trip to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica in early May and paid less than $5000 for a room that included a personal butler and all you could eat and drink. Of course, different trips but Disney is starting to price us out. If we didn't have a significant amount of rewards points from our Disney VISA we'd likely book a trip to Cancun instead.
$500. For food for five nites ? You may want to rethink that. It’s more like 150-200 per day per person lol unless it’s burgers n fries every day with some snacks. Have a great visit you may as well enjoy it all and splurge. It’s Disney after all..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter