Princess 1/2 2013...anyone else???

Toying with registering for the 2013 Princess 1/2... I did it in 2010 and loved it! I just started running again and am doing the Tower of Terror 10-miler in Sept. Although I said no more long races after this one all of your posts are inspiring me :) Turning 40 in 2013 also ;P

Thanks Amykay - I do not know how far old man island is from the rooms at PO Riverside - how far would you say they are? I think we will be staying in one of the newly renovated royal rooms! Anything else anyone can tell me about the hotel - some not to miss tips or special things we might miss? Thanks for your help everyone!

Thanks Amykay - I do not know how far old man island is from the rooms at PO Riverside - how far would you say they are? I think we will be staying in one of the newly renovated royal rooms! Anything else anyone can tell me about the hotel - some not to miss tips or special things we might miss? Thanks for your help everyone!

Not very far at all, we were in a further away non-royal room and I think it was about a 5 minute walk.

I like that with the Mods you can park near your hotel room. We were able to park on the backside of the building we were in - we had a pretty walkway view, rather than a parking lot view - no extra charge :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

There is a campfire at Ol Man Island - I think they have their marshmallow roast around 8pm?

The food court is famous for it's Create Your Own Pasta station at dinner time (don't know about lunch) - I got Penne Alfredo with Chicken and Shrimp - I swear the container must have weighed 2 pounds! I love pasta and eat it all the time (hence I'm overweight!) but I couldn't finish this at all! Also, look out for Chef's Selection at dinner - hubby got sliced turkey, taters and gravy, corn and cornbread for like $10! It was sooo good, too!

Thanks Amykay! I am so happy to know the hot tubs will be fairly close by! I completely enjoyed my after race hot tub soak and celebration martini this year, and did not want to miss it this year! Since we will be in the Royal rooms - are they far from the bus stop or the food court? Thanks again there is nothing like the advice from someone who has gone before you! Will you be staying at PO for the 2013 PHM?

Thanks Amykay! I am so happy to know the hot tubs will be fairly close by! I completely enjoyed my after race hot tub soak and celebration martini this year, and did not want to miss it this year! Since we will be in the Royal rooms - are they far from the bus stop or the food court? Thanks again there is nothing like the advice from someone who has gone before you! Will you be staying at PO for the 2013 PHM?

If you look at THIS map, you will see buildings 90 and 95 are Royal Rooms 90 is closer to the East Depot and 95 is across the way from the South Depot (also called Blue Bayou / River Delta Platforms). They are also very close to all the main buildings (90 is a bit closer). If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with 90.

When we stayed, we were in building 80, right near the AED icon. The walk to Ol Man Island an onward to the food court was peaceful and only a few minutes.

As for staying there for the PHM - it's my back up choice. I have my heart set at staying at a Deluxe, either the Contemporary or an Epcot resort, but if the budget doesn't allow that, we'll be coming home to POR!

Thanks so much for the link and the expert advice. I hope your deluxe dream comes true! We are also booking the DDP and trying to now figure out the best way to use our credits. We have a few "must eats" like - Yachtsman, LeCellier, BOG Dinner (fingers crossed), Chef Mickeys (bfast), Sci-Fi Diner lunch & The Primetime (dinner) - Think we can do this? If not which should we pay oop? Thanks for your help!

Went to buy my DD14 new sneakers to trai in with me - thought I should ask if mine were at the point of needing to be replaced...so I said to the running shoe young man "I know there are several different ways that I have either been told or read about to know if its time to replace your sneakers, but Im not sure if mine are ready they do not seem to twist easily (demonstrated) and they do bend at the toebox (demonstrated) but also not too easily." Then I handed over the sneaker and he turned it over and very sincerely and with a straight face said..."The best indication that its time to replace your sneakers is when there is a hole in the sole!!" SERIOUSLY I HAD NO IDEA!! I never looked at the bottoms before I just put them on and go! We both laughed and I bought myself a new pair as well as my DD! Anyway we are all set to train for PHM 2013!!

Made my day!! Am still laughing!

Thanks so much for the link and the expert advice. I hope your deluxe dream comes true! We are also booking the DDP and trying to now figure out the best way to use our credits. We have a few "must eats" like - Yachtsman, LeCellier, BOG Dinner (fingers crossed), Chef Mickeys (bfast), Sci-Fi Diner lunch & The Primetime (dinner) - Think we can do this? If not which should we pay oop? Thanks for your help!

How many days are you staying? Remember that Yachtsman and LeCellier will both be 2TS Credits for one meal. What you have listed would cost 8 TS Credits. If you are staying 8 nights, then it's not an issue.

If you are staying less than 8 nights, I would use my TS credits for the most expensive meals (YS, LeC and CM) and OOP the cheaper ones (SF, BoG and 50s).

If you are a FL gal or a Passholder, you can get the Tables in Wonderland card for $75-100, which gives you 20% your meals (including alcohol, if you are so inclined). We have one and love it! We can do 2 filets and a burger, 3 sodas at LeCellier for under $90 (after tax, tip and TiW card).

You picked some good choices - LeCellier, BoG and possibly Yachtsman are all on MY list too!

Thanks Amykay. We are only staying 4 nites. Arriving afternoon on Fri 22nd and leaving late on Tues. 26th. Thinking Fri expo and resort possibly Epcot in the evening. Sat (day b4 race) AK Back to resort for early dinner and bed Sun race day! Celebratory dinner and resort early to bed. Mon HS and DD shopping Tues CM for Bfast and MK DAY then off to the airport...thoughts?

Thanks Amykay. We are only staying 4 nites. Arriving afternoon on Fri 22nd and leaving late on Tues. 26th. Thinking Fri expo and resort possibly Epcot in the evening. Sat (day b4 race) AK Back to resort for early dinner and bed Sun race day! Celebratory dinner and resort early to bed. Mon HS and DD shopping Tues CM for Bfast and MK DAY then off to the airport...thoughts?

I think this looks like a great plan. Perhaps on Friday, if you can get an ADR, aim for LeCellier or Yachtsman - LeC is IN Epcot, of course, and YS is only a boat ride away, via the International Gateway.

Riverside might be a wise choice for dinner the night before the race because of the make your own pasta - its a lot of carbs and kind of like your own Pasta in the Park party, but much cheaper!

I'm not sure what our plan will be yet, but I know I want LeCellier, BoG TS Dinner and BoG CS Lunch for sure. Others I'm thinking about are Chef de France, Via Napoli and Trail's End (for lunch after the race)

I believe our ADR window should open up around August 26, so we can all start looking and booking our meals :thumbsup2 I can't wait!

I'm loving reading everyone's training experiences, travel plans and blogs! My princess running partner and I have just started blogging about our race to the Castle and, since you are racing there too, I hope you'll check it out and 'follow' us to the most magical place on earth! We'll meet you there ;)

www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com

Jodi princess:

Toying with registering for the 2013 Princess 1/2... I did it in 2010 and loved it! I just started running again and am doing the Tower of Terror 10-miler in Sept. Although I said no more long races after this one all of your posts are inspiring me :) Turning 40 in 2013 also ;P

I'm doing the ToT 10 Miler, too!! And, i will be 40 in 2013!! You know you want to...

I am really glad to find this board and hear about some people who started their training at pretty much ground zero :) I have a long way to go and just keep thinking about that feeling of finishing!! Oh, and the thought of running through the castle is pretty inspiring too!!!

www.fittobeaprincess.com

Are you finding any decent airfare out of CT??

I can't find anything less than about $650.
We were looking at flying down Thursday and coming home Monday. The airfare coming home is killer!

We were looking at flying down Thursday and coming home Monday. The airfare coming home is killer!

Same problem here, Buffy. Flights out of Newark are $500 and up! :eek: I hope things come down eventually. I can usually get airfare for $220-240. No way am I paying $500! :mad: I might start looking to see what things cost out of Philly. Only thing is then I have to pay to leave my car there. At least with Newark my sister is close to the airport and I can leave the car with her.

Did you check out SW?

If you are flexible you can fly BDL-MCO for $135Thurs. and back on Monday for $188 depending on the times. If you can fly out Wed. right now all the nonstops are $135.

The $135 is pretty good and almost the cheapest I've seen (they did drop to $130 the second day the dated were open) but I have a feeling the flights back will just get higher.

Good luck! We will be flying out Wed. morning and back Monday morning so maybe we'll see you at BDL.:)

Amykay I did book SW and thought the $260 roundtrip price was reasonable. We leave early Fri 22 and return late Tues (my birthday!) 26th. Wish we could add one more day but its not possible this time. Let me know what you finally book!

Hi princesses!

My daughter and I are planning to run again this year and can't find the list of host resorts. Does anyone know which resorts are official hosts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter