• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2022

Who else has started training for the PHM? I was planning to start next week, but feel like that might be early? I just did my first HM on 10/10 and have only run 3 miles a few times since...
I have a marathon in 3.5 weeks, then the Goofy Challenge in January, what, 6 weeks after that, *then* get started on Princess training. Then I retire from the sport :joker:

I’m pretty much going to give up on DD doing the 10k with me. Mad I wasted the $ to sign her up but I can’t really force her to train. Oh well. I will have fun with or without her running It.

Pick up her shirt and sell it on ebay to help recoup the costs. :)

Who else has started training for the PHM? I was planning to start next week, but feel like that might be early? I just did my first HM on 10/10 and have only run 3 miles a few times since...

I started 10 weeks ago. But I am coming out of a VERY bad place of having lost all fitness levels and having gained quite a lot of weight. Every part of my body is fighting this, and I needed to have a long SLOOOOOOW ramp up.

Suggestions for running gear for cold weather runs? Getting prepared for training in New England. Need to run early in the morning since it will be dark at like 3pm starting next weekend. You all gave awesome suggestions for cold weather gear earlier in this thread - any suggestions for favorite womens leggings and tops?

(side note, I’m thinking of changing my user name. Will need to start a new profile. Anyone do this at some point?)

I love the Brooks Switch Hybrid Tights and the Salomon Agile Tights. Super comfortable and just warm enough. I tried to find another pair of Salomon Agile a few weeks ago and couldn't find any, dunno if they still sell them :(

Otherwise I have to shop in the cross-country skiing section.

For tops, I layer, I don't have any specific winter tops.

My upcoming race/training schedule is pretty much the same as @SheHulk, except my marathon in Nov is a week after hers. Oh, and I totally plan to go out in a blaze of glory, no need to retire. ;)

Suggestions for running gear for cold weather runs? Getting prepared for training in New England. Need to run early in the morning since it will be dark at like 3pm starting next weekend. You all gave awesome suggestions for cold weather gear earlier in this thread - any suggestions for favorite womens leggings and tops?

(side note, I’m thinking of changing my user name. Will need to start a new profile. Anyone do this at some point?)
I’ve always liked Under Armour. I played a spring sport in college in New England and pre season was anything but spring weather! The UA ColdGear keeps me warm and then I warm up once I get going. Layers are also key, and on really cold days I start with a UA base layer and work my way up from there.

I wear my stuff for a long time, so most of what I have is old and hence unavailable.

But, I do like Athleta Ultimate Stash Pocket line. I have the shorts, but they do tights and capris. I also own capris from them from a discontinued line (All in Crop). I am a VERY fussy shopper, and the fact that I own two pieces of gear from them is saying something. They are fairly substantial, and I expect the tights would be warm. When my current (old) Brooks tights finally give up the ghost, I would go back to Athleta to look for a replacement.

How do the Brooks Switch Hybrid pants work with rain? Up here in Seattle, that’s the issue not necessarily the cold.

How do the Brooks Switch Hybrid pants work with rain? Up here in Seattle, that’s the issue not necessarily the cold.

Not the best. They're designed more for the cold than the rain

We often get issues with freezing rain where I live, so I have a pair of Salomon Elevate Softshell for that. But they're more x-country pants than running tights, so I'm not a superfan. I only wear them when I have to.

I emailed Run Disney about merchandise pre-orders no longer being available (specifically for Princess) and got the following response.

"We’re glad you reached out to us about merchandise pre-orders.

At this time, pre-orders for all active race weekend merchandise has concluded. Event-specific merchandise is limited and only available for purchase at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. However, general runDisney branded merchandise may still be available for purchase outside of our event weekends. On the runDisney page of the ShopDisney website, you may search for all available runDisney items.

We look forward to seeing you cross the finish line at a future runDisney event."

I also specifically asked about the Dooney and Bourke bags, as I think they were usually added to the merchandise available for pre-order closer to the event, but they did not mention the bags. I'm guessing from the response Dooney and Bourkes may not be available for pre-ordering at all.

The Princess medals are on display at the Wine & Dine expo... the back side of the Half spinner is just embossed with a 50th Anniversary logo. Huh. An oddly plain medal overall.

The 5k/10k medals look nice! The Challenge medal is trying hard but gaudy? This Princess medal suite is all over the place as though different people designed each, and never talked to each other. And then they ran out of money and gave up. :confused3

I love the 2022 Marathon Weekend medals. Each great designs, and a cohesive overall look to the full set. Clearly well-planned and executed by good designers. Wish that had continued... hint hint, runDisney. (Great medals probably increase virtual race sales... maybe that financial incentive will help motivate the runDisney gods?!)

But I'll still proudly wear my Princess medals and have a great time! :)

Last edited:
The Princess medals are on display at the Wine & Dine expo... the back side of the Half spinner is just embossed with a 50th Anniversary logo. Huh. An oddly plain medal overall.

The 5k/10k medals look nice! The Challenge medal is trying hard but gaudy? This Princess medal suite is all over the place as though different people designed each, and never talked to each other. And then they ran out of money and gave up. :confused3

I love the 2022 Marathon Weekend medals. Each great designs, and a cohesive overall look to the full set. Clearly well-planned and executed by good designers. Wish that had continued... hint hint, runDisney. (Great medals probably increase virtual race sales... maybe that financial incentive will help motivate the runDisney gods?!)

But I'll still proudly wear my Princess medals and have a great time! :)

Great summary and I thought the same exact thing after seeing them at the expo. Nothing annoys me more than when the medals don't look like they are all from the same race weekend. My biggest offender being the 2018 Dopey where they all looked like a cohesive unit... except for that wacko design for the Goofy! Still bothers me when I look at them. Who approved that??

Last edited:
Under your "Your registrations", click "Edit Registration" on the far right.

View attachment 615093

Your registration info should show your email, name, DOB. Scroll down below that past emergency contact, military, and disability. The next question after disability is about POT.

It's there you'll see something like this:

View attachment 615101

View attachment 615102

In the last box relating to POT is where you'll put the race results website.
Is that only for the 1/2? I am signed up for the 10k and did a 7 mile race this summer so I was thinking I would submit it

Is that only for the 1/2? I am signed up for the 10k and did a 7 mile race this summer so I was thinking I would submit it

Correct. Only the HM has the ability to submit a POT (proof of time). For the 5k and 10k, you will submit an estimated pace instead no matter how fast you are. That estimated pace will dictate what starting group/corral you start in.

Correct. Only the HM has the ability to submit a POT (proof of time). For the 5k and 10k, you will submit an estimated pace instead no matter how fast you are. That estimated pace will dictate what starting group/corral you start in.
Awesome thank you! I did enter my expected pace I just wasn't sure if there was anything else I needed to do. Can't wait!

Seeing all these IG stories with flat lays for W&D costumes makes me want to up my costume game. Am I the only one? :D

Yep. I always say I want to do a costume and then never do it. The closest I got was 2014 W&D, but it involved some fake hair and my friend had an expensive costume (we were going as Xena and Gabrielle so I had fake bangs for Gabrielle), and it was raining. So my friend bailed on ruining the costume, and my costume would have been silly without hers to match.

But I really want to do it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter