Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Be warned the photo lines after the merch expo are LONG! They are doing full meet and greets. One group has been with Minnie for over 5 mins, vlogging, taking multiple group and individual shots, etc. We have been in line so long Minnie is taking her second break since we have been in line. And the number of people is way less than when I waited 30 minutes for my Dopey photo last month!

Edit: new Minnie came out and she is MUCH more efficient 😂😂

Just wanted to wish all the Princess Weekend Runners great races! Hope you all have a good time.

Oh, and please ride Guardians for me!!😀
Got ours bibs and shirts - No RunDisney mercy for us! Went smoothly, no lines at 1:30pm.

Did Guardians twice so far - incredible!!

Legs are feeling pretty tired already though, so really need to reign in the walking!

Does anyone know if the last corral for the 5k officially closes at any time? Long story short, I’ll be in A, my mom is in D (I assume the last corral), and I want to run, then I’ll watch my nephew while she runs…I don’t want her to get shut out. I can easily run a 32: 00 half, so I don’t think it should be an issue. When I did the 5k with her before, she was in the back of the last corral and we didn’t start until over an hour into the race

Does anyone know if the last corral for the 5k officially closes at any time? Long story short, I’ll be in A, my mom is in D (I assume the last corral), and I want to run, then I’ll watch my nephew while she runs…I don’t want her to get shut out. I can easily run a 32: 00 half, so I don’t think it should be an issue. When I did the 5k with her before, she was in the back of the last corral and we didn’t start until over an hour into the race

I can’t say it with 100% certainty, but the last person usually starts at ~6:00am. Rarely earlier than 5:45am.

Flat me for the 5K. It was so nice of rD to make the bib a coordinating color!
80ACCDEB-641D-4BDB-8510-AF1888160476.jpeg

I’ve got my gear bag all packed and ready to grab (the official gear bag is inside mine and I’ll switch them around when it’s time to hand it over)
636962BF-89A8-416A-A4FF-A3B0305D5FFD.jpeg

I’m so happy I found this headband at the expo, it really fits nicely with my Maleficent horns (and keeps my hair from being stupid in front 😆)
95DCE2AD-9D79-4CEF-947A-769F601E7CBC.jpeg

They've always been willing to correct mistakes in corral placement that they've made at the Expo (PoT submitted but not honored). I think I've even seen where people have had limited success getting corral placement modified as a result of incorrect or forgotten PoT submissions, as long as the race was run within the right timeframe. It's when you get past that PoT race due date that it gets to be a hard no. They've got to have some sort of a due date to be able plan and print bibs.
Got mine changed today for the 1/2, but they could not for the 10k. They used my wife’s time originally. Got it changed from Corral E to Coral B. They were very nice to change it since it was their mistake.

Just left the expo. It was still packed. We successfully got my daughter's half corral changed - yey!

I joined the merch queue a minute or two after 8:30 am and got group 81. We had a call back time by 2:45 pm, but entered the line at about 4:15 pm since we were enjoying our time in Epcot earlier in the day. They jokingly gave me a hard time about being so late, but said they didn't care. Whew.

Looking forward to the 5k tomorrow!

If there happens to be a half-marathon mug left, and if anyone feels so inclined to procure one, I'll be happy to pay for at on Sat at the HH meetup.

Do they usually put new merch everyday at the expo or only sort of refills for sell out sizes/types?

If anyone has a half marathon medal replica pin that they no longer want, I would really like to buy one!
Sigh, looks like ebay for me, but i will wait a few months. Disney screwed up again... Limited supply and hence by the time the afternoon rolled up they were all gone and i signed up for a boarding group like 8:37am because that's when my plane landed... And yes Orlando airport is within the distance limit

Just sharing how super happy and thankful I feel right now.. this morning at the Yoga event I lost my fitbit.. and got anxious on how to do the races etc, so I ordered a new one at Amazon

But I just came to Mk to the lost and found office, and God bless the heart of the person who found it and returned here… I got it back(!) and feel so relieved :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter