PTR:Moving to WDW & Earning Your Ears! (TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!) 8/14

GOOD LUCK on your exam!!!

Amanda

Good luck on your exam!! :hug: You're going to do great!!

Good luck on your exam, have a great week! :goodvibes

Good Luck!!!! You'll do great!

Hoping you rock the test out Megan!!! Good luck!

THANKS!!!:teacher::hug:

I'll be back tomorrow with an update!! For now, I'm going to go get some rest as I hardly got any in the past 24 hours between driving the 5 hours to PA, sleeping a few hours (couldn't sleep!), getting up early to take the test, and then driving back 5 hours to Cincinnati!

Stay tuned until tomorrow!!!!

Hope your test went well!

Our trips are so soon, almost 2 weeks away!!! :cool1::banana::wizard:

I'm here! All beit late! I'm so glad you are staying at the Yacht Club. The pool alone is the perfect reason for it!

MY TEST:

*Disclaimer: I posted the same report in my other PTR :thumbsup2

HI DIS FRIENDS!!! I hope everyone had a good week/weekend. A ton of you were asking about my test. Well...I will do a mini TR of my 12 hours that I spent in Western PA!

I got out of work super early at 3:40 PM instead of 6 so I was happy right off the bat! That means I would get to PA early, relax and have a good sleep! My mom decided the day before to surprise me and drive with me! It left our 2 dogs home with my Dbro and Dad..they survived the night though!! :rotfl:

We left for PA at 4:15pm and mom drove while I studied! We planned on eating dinner at Cracker Barrel 1/2 way through the trip but we got into a huge construction mess and ended up stopping to use the potty, get gas, and eating Wendys..in the car :headache::sad1:

When we finally got into PA, we stopped by the local DQ in the town that we lived in for 23 years..kinda missed it when I went back but oh well!
After getting a twist with crunchies, we got in the car and headed to our hotel: Fairfield Inn..

This is when it went south! We stay at Marriott properties allll the time as we have the credit card along with Disney Visa but when we checked in and go into our room, we walked right out as it smelled like smoke :confused3 We aren't smokers and all the Marriott hotels are smoke-free. After being switched to the only room left in the hotel, a handicap one at that, we got settled into our 1st floor room that smelled of old yucky pool towels and musty smelling. We did try out the hot tub..but after 5 mins the chlorine took over and we left lol.

After a long shower and then getting into bed, I froze most of the night and fell asleep around 2 :scared1: and got up at 6am :scared1:

I got a quick breakfast in the lobby and headed out to the university to take my test.

I should have allowed for more time as I was the 2nd to last person in the room and didn't even take the time to use the potty as I usually do :(

When the test began, I got nervous really nervous..not because I didn't study but because I felt the material that I studied was not showing up as much as I had liked it to! I got nervous that this was test #6 and I probably won't pass it. I finished with 25 mins to spare and went over Lang Arts and changed 8 answers..I'm hoping it was a smart move.

I'll find out in 3 wks what the outcome is. After that if I pass, I can finally apply for my Teaching Cert in PA, if not, I might look into Ohio's program or FL's.

Thanks for all the wishes..hopefully they helped!! If they did, 6 will be my new lucky number..not 7 :thumbsup2

NO TITLE UPDATE

Hi Dis Friends!! I'm glad to be back and feel like a huge weight has been lifted! My test is the Praxis people's hands now and 3 weeks will fly by I'm sure!!!

Not much to report on! Dbro found out that they need to show proof of having renter's insurance..I know 2 weeks before he leaves for WDW, like what the hey??!!

He is lucky and is covered under it with my parent's housing insurance so he is good to go, they called the insurance guy to get a letter of proof to show at check-in if it's asked for! One future CP said that the WDW people told her that it's an honor system when they check in that they don't need proof but better safe than sorry!!!

I have to change my FL Sunpass over to Dbro's car info as he will be glad that he has one of those!! I can't tell you how much I used mine when I lived there!! Just going to the airport it saves time and money!

No updates on Dbro's work location..If I were him, I'd want to be surprised!

Other than that, we have been busy around here doing everything but packing and getting ready for the trip!

This coming weekend my roommate from college is having her bridal shower/bachelorette party so we will head back to PA for the weekend (staying at Embassy Suites Pittsburgh Airport this time!). After a weekend in Pittsburgh and then a full week of work, Friday will come super fast and we will head down to FL.

I don't know about Dbro but I feel like time is flying wayyy too fast and he will be missed :thumbsup2 I guess when I went my first time, it was Jan so it was cold and yucky and just after Xmas/New Years and I was ready to leave!!!

That's it for now. We won't be able to do online check-in because it's a CM reservation but that's okay, any room at YC will be fine for us and we get in early afternoon so check-in won't be bad!!

12 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fingers are crossed for lucky six! :thumbsup2

Heck, I can't wait to hear Dbro's work location. I don't think I could handle being surprised, the suspense would kill me! :rotfl2:

Almost time for single digit dancing! :dance3:

Wow! Your trip is coming up quick!!! Sorry your test experience wasn't great but I'll send pixie dust that you did great!!!

Amanda

Fingers crossed that number 6 was your lucky one :thumbsup2

Time sure is flying fast. I too can't wait to find out what your position your brother got :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear what he's doing. . .he should be there in December, right? I'll have to keep an eye out for him!

My fingers are crossed for lucky six! :thumbsup2

Heck, I can't wait to hear Dbro's work location. I don't think I could handle being surprised, the suspense would kill me! :rotfl2:

Almost time for single digit dancing! :dance3:

Thanks!! It's killing us too!

Wow! Your trip is coming up quick!!! Sorry your test experience wasn't great but I'll send pixie dust that you did great!!!

Amanda

Fingers crossed that number 6 was your lucky one :thumbsup2

Time sure is flying fast. I too can't wait to find out what your position your brother got :rotfl:

Me too!!

I can't wait to hear what he's doing. . .he should be there in December, right? I'll have to keep an eye out for him!

Thanks..too bad you won't be there in Dec now!!

Hi Dis Friends!! I just wanted everyone to know that I'll be away this weekend but I'll have an update when I get back on Sunday! My best friend's bridal shower/ bachelorette party is this weekend in Pittsburgh so I get to spend another weekend in a hotel :)

I will be back Sun with pics from that and updates on the following weekend! Stay tuned cuz there will be plenty of updates :)

8 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! So close now!! Is your brother excited? Heck, are you excited? :banana: Can't believe tomorrow we'll be in the single digits!

YAY! So close now!! Is your brother excited? Heck, are you excited? :banana: Can't believe tomorrow we'll be in the single digits!

I know!! I guess really I should have changed my ticker to when we leave and not the day that Dbro checks in but oh well, the monorail is too close now to change it!

I know!! I guess really I should have changed my ticker to when we leave and not the day that Dbro checks in but oh well, the monorail is too close now to change it!

My ticker is one day off because we changed our trip (we arrive one day earlier). I wasn't willing to "start over" so I just kept it! :lmao:

Amanda

MY CP PICS!!!

Hi Dis Friends!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a super fun weekend in Pittsburgh. My BFF had a great Bridal Shower and we had a really fun time at Sing Sing (like Jellyrolls only SS is an unrated dueling piano bar :rotfl:)

I'm trying to upload the shower/bp pics on my facebook and then I'll try Photobucket. I tried to upgrade the Java so hopefully it works :thumbsup2

In the meantime...

5 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE!!!!!!!

Crazy to think of it as only 5 days till we leave!!

Dbro is in Pittsburgh visiting friends until Tues night so he'll have Wed, Thurs, and 1/2 day Friday to pack, clean, and load the car but he's a guy and guys don't need any sort of preparation..as long as he has clothes, his macbook, movies, and his huge TV, he will be fine :thumbsup2

In preparation for him becoming a CP..I thought I would share some of my apt pics when I was a CP!!

First of all when you check in, you can decide to live in:
1. Vista = "party"/"adult activities" apartments
2. Chatham = more laid back apartments with fewer parties
3. Patterson = the newest apts open the program after mine. I'm pretty sure it's the most laid back of them all

Dbro and his roommate have already chosen Chatham as his apartment..he will be following in my footsteps!

I lived in a 3 bedroom = 6 girls total, 2 in each room and 3 bathrooms = VERY NICE PERK!! Our only downfall was that only one of the 3 bedrooms had a cable outlet but after moving in, working, going out, etc, we didn't find ourselves watching too much TV!

Here are some of my apt pics:

My bed:

100_1023.jpg

The dresser Jen and I shared:

100_1025.jpg

Our Little Mermaid bathroom (shower/tub was to the left):

100_1028.jpg

Our Walk-in Closet:

100_1029.jpg

Our dining room table..only used once while we where there :rotfl::

100_1032.jpg

Kitchen:

100_1034.jpg

Family Room:

100_1033.jpg

Sunset on our first night:

100_1035.jpg

So I didn't very good pics of the layout of the apt but when you walked in the door, the kitchen was on the right and family room on the left. Connected to the family room (by the TV) was bedroom 1. If you turned right in front of the kitchen, the dining room table was on the left followed by a hallway which had bedroom 2 on the left and my bedroom straight ahead.

It was a very nice apt and we were on the top floor which made was sometimes hard after a long day at work or taking groceries up stairs but we never had any issues with bugs or infestation of any kind which was a problem in other apts! :thumbsup2

Well that's it for now...I'll be updating as the week goes on but I thought I would leave a ???? with everyone as the packing process begins!!!

*******Is there something that you always or a lot of times forget to pack??????**************

see you soon!

Your apt was nice. Looks like apt we lived in for a year when we worked at Disney....cute

Hmm....not sure what I forget when I pack

I know what I forgot one night when I went to parks for MVMCP......Batteries for my two cameras...was so mad :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter