PTR:Moving to WDW & Earning Your Ears! (TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!) 8/14

That's a pretty nice apartment!
I can't believe you're leaving SO soon!

Amanda

Thanks I can't believe it too! I guess you can say that I've been to WDW too much when I debate about packing the night before. :rotfl:

Your apt was nice. Looks like apt we lived in for a year when we worked at Disney....cute

Hmm....not sure what I forget when I pack

I know what I forgot one night when I went to parks for MVMCP......Batteries for my two cameras...was so mad :headache:

Thanks!!

MY WDW FIRSTS AS A CP/PI

Happy Monday!!!

Like I said, I'll be updating a lot this week since we leave on Friday afternoon :cool1::thumbsup2

I was trying to think of what could I post for an update since I'm not packed, did not upload the mousekeeping envelopes, and well everything else is already done/posted so I thought of an idea..

Why not posts some of my firsts that I did while I was a CP and PI!!

My dad told me when I moved to WDW, "I don't care if you come home with $10 bucks but live it up and make sure you can pay rent, put gas in the car, and have food to eat." Well, I was able to do that and sooo much more!!

MY FIRST TIME...

1ST TIME EVERY DRIVING TO FL

100_0939.jpg

BEING AT WDW WHEN IT WAS COLD!

100_1096.jpg

GOING TO THE PIRATE AND PRINCESS PARTY

100_1163.jpg

GOING TO SPIRIT OF ALOHA!

100_1177.jpg

100_1194.jpg

SPENDING MY BIRTHDAY/EATING AT TEPPAN EDO:

100_1351.jpg

EASTER ALONE FROM HOME:

100_1357.jpg

GOING TO PLEASURE ISLAND:

100_1377.jpg

GOING TO COCOA BEACH:

100_1394.jpg

FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL:

100_1448.jpg

BEING A CP GRADUATE:

100_1517.jpg

EATING AT OHANA:

100_1544.jpg

BEING IN THE CASTLE SUITE:

bedroom.jpg

slipperpumpkincrown.jpg

PI FIRSTS CONT. IN NEXT POST....

MY WDW PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIP FIRSTS..

SEEING LA NOUBA:

100_1839.jpg

DOING THE DRAWING CLASS:

100_1936.jpg

BEING THERE FOR THE 4TH OF JULY:

3.jpg

EATING AT NORWAY

100_2063.jpg

MAKING FRIENDS WITH OTHER CMS:

n533084337_1020579_1177.jpg

n533084337_1020580_1507.jpg

RIDING TOT WITH A CM:

n533084337_1020581_1829.jpg

RIDING TOT 13 TIMES IN A ROW UNTIL CLOSING:

n533084337_1020582_2151.jpg

...some of the other 1sts that I've done were:

~parasailing on Bay Lake
~Eating at 1900 PF
~Eating at Chef Mickey's for dinner
~Going to MVMCP and MNSSHP
~Being at WDW for every holiday
~riding Safari without the script!
~going to the GF, SS, and CR spas
~going to Universal

+ many many more!!

THAT'S IT FOR TONIGHT!!!

I have a work staff meeting tomorrow night so look for my mousekeeping envelope update on Wed! I'm off to finish watching the Bachelorette!

See you Wed!!

loved looking at your pics. Looks like you had a great time being a CM and PI

That is so cool you rode TOT 13 times......:thumbsup2

I know this is OT, but have to ask you, Where you happy with who Ali picked on Bachelorette? I really wanted the other guy :headache:

Okay, enough of that, don't want to get in to trouble for going Off Topic

Can't wait for more :wizard:

I loved all your pictures!! Those were such fun to see! The graduate photo was awesome, Cinderella suite looks incredible (I would LOVE to take Ariana in there someday!) and the Tower of Terror pics are hysterical!

You are soooooo close now!!

loved looking at your pics. Looks like you had a great time being a CM and PI

That is so cool you rode TOT 13 times......:thumbsup2

I know this is OT, but have to ask you, Where you happy with who Ali picked on Bachelorette? I really wanted the other guy :headache:

Okay, enough of that, don't want to get in to trouble for going Off Topic

Can't wait for more :wizard:

Thanks..it was a great time and I miss it like crazy! It was like being in college but you worked instead of taking classes and homework!

I was glad she chose Roberto. I just felt the other guy was a little cocky but better than some of her other potential choices. I guess we'll see what happens haha

I loved all your pictures!! Those were such fun to see! The graduate photo was awesome, Cinderella suite looks incredible (I would LOVE to take Ariana in there someday!) and the Tower of Terror pics are hysterical!

You are soooooo close now!!

I was shocked at how small the suite was. Not sure what I was expecting but it to me seemed super small. It was beautiful and probably the best surprise and one of my best (can't pay for it ever) experiences while I was there!

All of those pictures are sooo awesome! I love looking back at all of your memories with you! It's so cool that you got to do all of that "behind the scenes" type stuff. I'm jealous! :goodvibes

And to answer your question, I always forget to pack enough pajamas! I end up having to buy some on my trip every year. Although, maybe I do it on purpose so I can get new Disney PJs! :laughing:

All of those pictures are sooo awesome! I love looking back at all of your memories with you! It's so cool that you got to do all of that "behind the scenes" type stuff. I'm jealous! :goodvibes

And to answer your question, I always forget to pack enough pajamas! I end up having to buy some on my trip every year. Although, maybe I do it on purpose so I can get new Disney PJs! :laughing:

My mom did that the one weekend that she came down to Cincinnati before we had sold our PA house and moved here. We just went to Walmart and she bought new ones. We had a cheap washer and dryer at the hotel we were staying at so she just threw them in.

I loved seeing your pics from when you were a CP/PI!!!! :cool1: What did you go in the castle suite for? One of my biggest regrets in life is not doing the college program when I was in college. :( Oh well, someday I'd like to be a CM, even if it's after I retire and move to FL!:rotfl:

I can't think of anything I always forget to pack, but I know there are things! :eek:

I loved seeing your pics from when you were a CP/PI!!!! :cool1: What did you go in the castle suite for? One of my biggest regrets in life is not doing the college program when I was in college. :( Oh well, someday I'd like to be a CM, even if it's after I retire and move to FL!:rotfl:

I can't think of anything I always forget to pack, but I know there are things! :eek:

Thanks!! When I was working at BBB, it was towards the end of my program and they were still doing the YOMD but it was coming to an end and guests weren't in and out of it every night so they began taking girls up from BBB so that way if we were asked ???s about it, we could answer honestly since we had seen it.

It was 2 weeks before my program ended and I still hadn't seen it and had just got done with a princess and my manager came up to me and asked me how the suite was and I said fine but winked and she said "how would you like to see it for real" and standing outside was a CM from Guest Relations who took myself and another CP, Melissa up to the castle suite.

It was one of the most magical 20 mins of my life! All my pics were via cell phone and I NEVER carried my cell on me during work (especially at BBB!!) but did for some reason that day and I was glad I did!!! It was truly meant to be :)

HAPPY TUESDAY DIS!!!

3 MORE DAYS OF WORK TILL WE LEAVE!!!!!

I decided that maybe I should begin packing to see if there was anything I needed to buy at the store for the trip.

As I began to pack, I recalled what dbro had said: "ONLY 2 SMALL BAGS IS ALL YOU CAN TAKE!!"

No big deal, I will lose some shoes, they will live. I began to panic though. With 2 small bags, I can carry-on my luggage when I fly back on Tues. I became stressed over the fact that:

1. I have never carried on my whole trip before (always check at least 1 bag)
2. HAD NO IDEA what the liquid rule was except for it had to be in a small zip bag
3. Went crazy over what was "liquid" and what wasn't
4. If I should bring my laptop?!

So I thought I would turn it to the experts. I have 2 more days to pack. I figured I would live off of the hotel shampoo and some of the other liquids, I would try and use bottles that were already used so that they can be used and throw out, creating less stress for me!

ANY CARRY-ON TRAVELING TIPS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

..What do you think about the laptop? I didn't use it at all driving down or driving home. We pretty much lived off of our IPOD/Podcasts, books, and sleeping.

..I was trying to figure out when I would be using it, maybe Mon night after Dbro is gone and maybe Tues but I'll have to check out by 11 and maybe head to DTD?

...DO YOU THINK THAT BRINGING THE LAPTOP WILL BE A WASTE OF SPACE?

I do have an ITouch so I figured I could use the wireless at YC to check email, FB, etc.

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Help me out please!!!

THANKS!

Since u can get on internet with ITouch I think u called it, then I would leave laptop home.

For liquids, have to be no more than 3oz. All liquids have to be in a one quart ziploc baggie.

On a side note..now that I saw Roberto and Ali on aftershow, it looks like they are very much in love.
Maybe Chris will be the new bachelor:lovestruc

you are getting so close now :cool1:

Since u can get on internet with ITouch I think u called it, then I would leave laptop home.

For liquids, have to be no more than 3oz. All liquids have to be in a one quart ziploc baggie.

On a side note..now that I saw Roberto and Ali on aftershow, it looks like they are very much in love.
Maybe Chris will be the new bachelor:lovestruc

you are getting so close now :cool1:

Thanks..I was really stressing over this. I decided to throw some liquids in there and just throw out what is empty or almost empty by the end of the 5 days. I thought I was reading it as "you can have up to 3oz in the zip bag" :rotfl:

I was like wait, that's like 1 or 2 bottles depending on the size! :lmao:

Thanks..I was really stressing over this. I decided to throw some liquids in there and just throw out what is empty or almost empty by the end of the 5 days. I thought I was reading it as "you can have up to 3oz in the zip bag" :rotfl:

I was like wait, that's like 1 or 2 bottles depending on the size! :lmao:

I am glad I cleared that up for you

:lmao:

MOUSEKEEPING ENVELOPES + MORE!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY DIS!!

I can't believe we are leaving in 2 days :thumbsup2

I feel like the next 2'ish days till fly!

We have made a minor adjustment to our schedule.

On Friday: 8/6, we had planned on driving and stopping in Northern GA or driving through ATL and stopping south of the city. Well, my aunt (dad's sis) lives Northeast of ATL and asked us to meet for breakfast on 8/7. Dad said that to stay at their house would be us going an hour out of our way on Friday..
Well, we began to mapquest the heck out of the trip and decided that if we were going to waste and hour at breakfast the next day, why not waste it the night before and just stay at her house. So that is our new plan:

Leave at 3pm on Friday

Dinner at Shoneys (The Bear) as we used to call it :) somewhere in KY or TN

Drive to get to Aunt Judys and arrive around 12am

Get up, visit, breakfast at the house (cereal most likely since she doesn't cook!) and hit the road by 8:30am or 9am giving us a cushion of 8 hours to get to WDW! It will leave us an hour total for lunch, potty breaks, and gas breaks. I think we should get to Orlando by 5pm..assuming we don't have traffic, accidents, road blocks, etc.

Sound good?! We will be saving $$ by not having a hotel Fri night and we can sit and visit on Sat morning before leaving :)

Now for some packing pics!!!

I starting packing last night. I had decided to leave behind my beloved Disney toiletry bag and just use ziplock bags. I figured it would be easier this way since I plan on carrying-on my bags for my Tues flight.

TARGET TRAVEL SECTION YOU ASK...

NOPE!!!

I came to the realization that I had TONS AND TONS AND TONS of travel supplies and the only things I needed were: toothpaste, new poof, and wipes.

Exhibit A:

008-1.jpg

Exhibit B:

009-1.jpg

Ziplock bags and gold make-up bag:

012.jpg

Sadly, I will not be having to visit the Target Travel Section for a long time!

Just crying to be packed for the 3rd weekend in a row!

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

I also bought snackies today! Not sure how much we will eat since we will have a large dinner, decent fast food lunch, and huge dinner at YS Sat night:

013.jpg

I had done a lot of my check-list stuff today!

~Updated my Florida Sunpass to Dbro's info for him to use it now!
~Stuffed Mousekeeping envelopes
~Finished the toiletry bags

MOUSEKEEPING ENVELOPES:

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

..all designs came from the Dis. I could make my own if I had the time but after a long day at school, shower, eat, relax..well, copy and paste works fine for me!

That is it for now!!

I will be back tomorrow for ONE LAST UPDATE!!!!

Have a great trip!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :wizard:

I really got to head over to the DISign boards soon.... I love everything on there! I missed your packing questions but looks like you're sorted out OK. :thumbsup2

You are going to have a FABULOUS trip! :banana::woohoo::banana:

Oh wow!! I missed a ton!!!! I can't believe your leaving so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for all of the amazing pics!!! Come check out my ptr! I just started it! The links in my siggy!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter