Publix, Albertsons, or Kash-n-karry??????

6xmum

Earning My Ears
Tiffany towncar says that they will stop at any of these and wants to know which I prefer. Advice anyone? TIA!

I've never shopped at a Kash-n-karry, but the other places are nice chains. I've never lived anywhere that had Publix and Albertsons, but I would say that Publix is a little nicer and Albertsons is a little cheaper. When the first opened, I don't think Albertsons carried wine or beer, but I think they do now.

I would select either Publix or Albertson's. Kash-n-Karry is more of a convenience-type store and is expensive. I have shopped at both Publix and Albertson's in Orlando and found both to be great.

In Florida, Kash-n-Karry is a regular full sized grocery store. Their prices are a little better than Publix, but Publix is a much nicer store. I don't know what you are planning to buy, but Publix has an outstanding selection of store brands that are really good, and less than the national brands.

We haven't tried Albertsons, but we have been to Publix many times on our trips and found the selection and prices to be very good.

Publix is the best. They have a real loyal following in Florida with their clean stores and friendly staff. Kash-n-Karry is owned by the no-frills Food Lion chain and their stores are decent or bad depending on location. Never yet been in a bad Publix though.

We just got back and went to Albertsons. I would say they are definitely cheaper than Publix. They had pretty good sales like they have here.

Leslie

I've bene to all three. The Kash N Karry is brand spanking new, has a really good selection, and decent prices. Another thing I really liked about it was that it wasn't crowded (I've been twice in the past four weeks), and there were absolutely no lines to check out.

The produce there was really nice, although I think Publix has a larger selection.

Kash N Karry is most definitely a full grocery store. They also have a liquor store/ABC/package store (depending on where you are from) attached, so if you have those wants or needs you can get your bottles there at the same time.

My sister said the diapers were the same price as she pays back home in Litchfield County, CT (very expensive area), and I bought a couple bottles of wine for the same price as I would pay at home in a very expensive area of NJ. The produce was cheaper than home.

Publix is also nice, but the checkout lines can be really long. Albertsons is probably the most expensive of the three.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter