Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning ya'll!

The sun is shining here and it's beautiful day. That does amazing things to lift the spirits too. I'm looking forward to walk outside later to get some fresh air and see the world. I know being in my house so much I forget the world still turning and life is still happening.
We are doing good here. I've never cooked so many meals in a row in my life. I don't know that I like it. I'm glad my husband isn't particular about what he eats whether fancy meal or a sandwich. I made great pimento cheese last night and it's good comfort food. I'm really REALLY trying to refrain from stress eating or snacking. I saw a meme other day that said "put your jeans on just to do weight check" LOL so true.

We live in IN now but have lived all over with our military moves and have seen so many of the spots mentioned for weekend get aways. We are truly blessed. For an interesting weekend trip in Indiana, I recommend French Lick. There's a beautiful resort there and some outdoor activities and AND they have an elephant on grounds where you can get up close and see and watch get a bath every day. There's some nice wineries and pubs as well. I also really enjoy Nashville, TN. We had a great birthday trip for my husband's 40th that included a tour of Jack Daniel's distillery and night in the fancy hotel of Opryland. I do like a fancy hotel!

Everyone be well and know I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for saftey and good health. We are all in this together and I'm thankful to have you all around.

3 things I'm grateful for so far today:

1. Beautiful Sunshine
2. Masked Singer---so weird but I'm addicted
3. Kelly Clarkson show--she has just a great spirit about her. I like those people in my life.

Onto question for the day....

I missed this for a couple of days then again I've been groggy and fighting my natural inclination to shift to laughing at things on the internet at 3am and sleeping until noon. Must fight it! Hope everyone is hanging in there <3

Favorite vacation was definitely that first Disney World trip with my husband. I was so used to my family trips and getting a certain amount of abuse during them that I never realized how fun a trip could be with someone I actually like! It was rough, four full planned days in a row rope drop to close, but man, was it awesome!

Question for 3/27: What's has been a favorite vacation and why?

Our first trip to Disneyland. DD#2 had just turned 12, DS was 22 months (DD#1 did not come). She was young enough to still be amazed, he was old enough to understand some of the things going on. DH and I had a couple arguments, the kids had a couple meltdowns, but the rest of the time was just...well, magical.

Kelly Clarkson show--she has just a great spirit about her.

I love her show too! We're actually way behind on those in the DVR, and should watch some this weekend.

Probably DS's first "big" trip to WDW. I've loved every trip, but that one is probably the most special because he was at a really magical age.

Our first WDW vacation, hands down. My husband and I had been together for seven years and had never taken a vacation together that didn't involve visiting family. Him and his friend signed up for the 2010 WDW marathon and we made arrangements to spend a week at Disney, even though I was not convinced at all that I would like it as it did not feel very 'adult' to me (I had only been once as a Wish trip when I was three). We had the best time, we even ended up buying DVC once we got home so that it would force us to take the time to vacation together. My husband and I both work long hours and travel for work a lot and we still frequent bot WDW and DL to have fun and reconnect with one another.

It would be really hard to pick from our Disney trips, as in their own way, each was special.

So I'll go with a trip to Aruba we took before our kids were born. There were six of us, in a time share, seemingly without much of a care in the world (at least comparatively to now). It was a ground floor unit next to the pool, and every afternoon we opened the slider to a reggae band playing island songs, our blender whirring inside. 🌴🍹 Days were spent on the beach across the street, nights in restaurants or on glass bottom boats, etc. I still keep a lot of those songs from that vacation on my playlist to bring me back there when I need it. Probably the most relaxing vacation we ever had. I'd love to go again some day.

Our vacations with our son have been our favorites! Just because we DON'T plan as much, and we've found them to be more fun with our child :)

And we've driven every time, from CT. DS has never been on a plane - unless you count the ones at the air museum...

February 2017, when he was 18 months old, we drove to Clearwater, Florida to visit my snowbird in-laws. Since he was so young, we didn't plan a lot. We visited John's Pass on Madeira Beach and spent some time at Sand Key Park, near Clearwater Beach. It was his and my first time in the Gulf of Mexico!

September 2017, just after his 2nd birthday, we drove to Illinois and Wisconsin to visit my family. My uncle had just reunited with his high school sweetheart after 50 years and they'd gotten married. DS and I drove out with my mother and DH flew out mid-week. This was DH's first time meeting my family as well. We did visit Chicago, but didn't do much (the uncle that we stayed with - not the newlywed - was too focused on getting a Gucci belt for his girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter's birthday). Then we drove up to Wisconsin and spent another few days with my third uncle and his family.

February 2018, another drive to Clearwater, and this time, we also visited Disney World! Just the Magic Kingdom. We also went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Clearwater Beach and had a few days with my BIL, SIL, and nieces. DS absolutely LOVED having his cousins in Florida with him!

February 2019, yet another drive to Clearwater and we stopped at Universal Studios first! That quickly became one of my favorite theme parks! Before leaving Orlando, we stopped at Madame Tussaud's, and we also spent a day at the Lowry Zoo in Tampa.

And this year, before this whole coronavirus got off the ground, we did our annual drive to Clearwater, but stopped at Legoland Florida for a few days first. So now, I hate to say it, but Legoland and Universal are my favorites and Disney has to take a 2nd place. We also spent a day at Dinosaur World, and another day at the Glazer Children's Museum in Tampa (thank you, Blippi).

Not sure what we're going to do next year. DS will be in kindergarten and we won't be able to take 2 weeks to vacation. We don't get a week off until April, and my in-laws will be home from Clearwater at that point. We could either pull DS for just a few days in February and drive straight to Clearwater, spending only 4 days or so there, or we could wait until the week off in April, pull him for 1 day, and drive to Disney to spend a few days at Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

My favorite vacation would be the one we took for our honeymoon to WDW. It wasn't my first trip, but this one meant more because I was with someone I was destined to spend the rest of my life with. We acted like kids, (nope, we aren't, lol!). We did what we wanted, when we wanted, and didn't have to answer to time clocks, phones, other people, etc. We have also had great vacations to Myrtle Beach, Ocean City, and Ohio, where we rented a lovely cabin in the woods, noone else around. Did nothing but fish, watch tv, grill, eat out, and relax. Ahh..to be doing that right now would be so wonderful, maybe someday soon we will be able to again!

As much as we've enjoyed trips to WDW...in all honesty the very best & my current favorite vacation was our trip to the Netherlands/Germany/Switzerland about a year and a half ago. It was unbelievable and we were in the midst of planning to go when all this hit. Planning on booking as soon as travel is feasible once more.

My absolute favorite family vacation was one we did last summer...Lake Louise and Banff in Alberta, Canada. Lake Louise is easily the most beautiful place on earth. We stayed at the Fairmont Lake Louise right on the lake and had a perfect view of the lake from our room. We hiked, explored a glacier, went to the location where they film the show Heartland (our DD12's favorite show) and basically spent all of our time outside. It was nothing short of amazing.

Banff was wonderful too! The town is adorable. We stayed in the Fairmont there too. It's a castle! We rode a gondola up the mountain for a breathtaking view of Banff, went on a lake cruise and soaked up the sunshine!

We mirrored our trip after the Adventures By Disney trip if anyone is interested in this location!

We've had so many WDW and DLR vacations and have loved them all. Taking someone especially for the first time is so much fun

But for us, I think our Norway, Iceland, transoceanic cruise was wonderful!! But so was our Panama cruise were we got to go see the old locks and new ones and sit in the grandstand at the old and watch ships go through

My favorite trips are Disney trips, but my most memorable trip will always be my first trip to London. I had wanted to visit the UK since I was a kid. I read books about it, bought maps, bought two different sets of luggage thinking that would be the set I would use. It was the only thing on my bucket list before bucket list was a thing. The stars just sort of aligned in 2005 and I did a ten day solo trip based in London with day trips out to see different sites. It was amazing! I was a little concerned that all the build up for years would lead to some let down, but it didn’t. It almost seemed unreal exploring all the places I had read about or seen pictures of. I have been back once since then, and almost planned a trip for this year (lucky break there!) and I do hope to get back again at some point. If I don’t, I will still have those memories to look back on.

My favorite trip with kids would be the first trip we did to WDW with them. They were 10 and 6. I loved seeing their faces when they saw the castle and characters. They were so happy and we all had alot of fun. My favorite trip as an empty nester would be our Canadian Rockies tour. The scenery is so beautiful. We stayed at Fairmont hotels. We went to Lake Louise, Jasper, and Banff. We also did a helicopter tour. It was definitely a once in a lifetime trip.

3 good things today
The sun is shining
I talked with my coworkers today to see how they are doing
Listening to country music

Three good things today

A nice delayed daily (from last night) message from my church senior pastor saying that there will definitely be an online Easter Worship service and sometime after it is safe to return to church we will also have an in church Easter celebration.

Being able to order some items online from Wal-Mart.

Email from a friend.

I very much enjoyed an Oregon/Washington trip years ago.

Up high in the Oregon Cascades, almost to the Santiam pass is a resort formed by volcanic activity name Clear Lake. Lava sealed off a river and pushed the water back up the canyon, drowning very famous trees for underwater diving. Because there is no silt, only lava beds, the lake is clear and only row boats can be on the water. The resort has rustic cabins under the swaying boughs of evergreens and the smell of pitch and weathered boards can bring back any childhood memory . They have bike rental for the trails, boat rental to fish and the best marion berry pie in Oregon. It is an all inclusive vacation....in the middle of nowhere as can be in these modern times.
My son and friend had a big smile as they explored the forest environment, smores on the shore around the community campfire, shelling roasted peanuts off the porch that gave view to the crystal blue, Osprey skimming water surface for trout, and a $1.00 in a child's hand to buy an ice cream bar from the resort store...once again, the simplest pleasure makes joy for children...as he and his friend ate that melting ice cream bar under the shadow of an Oregon volcanoe.

Ooh that's a tough one. While I thought I'd lean towards my trips to WDW, I'd say the Europe trip I went on with my parents. I got to experience so much with them as we went through London, Luzern, Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome. Another vacation I loved was my honeymoon on Maui where we got to go whale watching.

I've never cooked so many meals in a row in my life. I don't know that I like it.

Same....I told my husband I'm gonna need some fast food soon. :laughing:

Our favorite family vacation was to the PNW. We drove up to Seattle from Southern California. We stayed a week in Seattle walked all over the city, taking in all the sights and the amazing food. Then we rode a ferry across the Puget Sound and headed north to the start of Hwy 101. We rode the 101 all the way down through Washington, Oregon and Northern California. Once we got to San Francisco we cut back across to the 5 fwy and headed home. We saw some beautiful scenery and stopped overnight when we wanted, the whole trip was about 15 days and we had the best time. I would love to do that again sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter