Questions about rides and larger guests (Pooh Sized)

Becky92599

Earning My Ears
I am headed to Universal with my two kids (ages 11 and 14) for four days at Spring Break at the end of March.

I am a larger girl, size 24 around 300 lbs. What rides am I going to have a difficult time riding, or may not be able to ride? I would like to know before I embarass myself trying to get on them. Thanks in advance!!

Becky

I am headed to Universal with my two kids (ages 11 and 14) for four days at Spring Break at the end of March.

I am a larger girl, size 24 around 300 lbs. What rides am I going to have a difficult time riding, or may not be able to ride? I would like to know before I embarass myself trying to get on them. Thanks in advance!!

Becky

Roller coasters. Hulk for instance try to ride in row 3 or 6 which allows extra room. I'm around 235-240 and sometimes need help with the belt. You should be fine on the others.

I'm about your size, I was hit or miss on FJ. Sometimes I could ride sometimes not. And sometimes in the same day I got to ride and got turned away.

But I must be shaped different from you cause I weigh the same but wear a larger pants size. It depends a lot on your shape on a few rides.

I would try anyway and let the kids know you may have to meet them at the exit.

Harry Potter for sure :headache: I am a 22 and couldn't get the sample seats up front to work even close. This is especially if your weight is in the hip and thighs. I was fine on everything else. I do not ride the roller coasters so not sure on those. My friend is Pooh sized as well and has done Mummy.

Height is going to come into play. The pants size makes me think you're on the taller side (I was a 22 at 220, and I'm 5'3"), which gives you more chances to fit. Like DH can be the same weight as someone 6'4", and the taller guy will get on a ride but DH at 5'10" still can't.

Just try. And don't wear tight tight clothes. Best to wear softer clothes that don't bind, so that the clothes can move with a restraint if needed. Wearing tight clothes seems to make sense, but there's nowhere to go if a restraint needs to move you in a different way. Does that make sense?

I wish you the best!

I have been on the universal thread and there are peps calling themselves "big girls" at a size 18 and worrying about not being able to ride. I am size 26, 300 pd lady and I WISH I was an 18!! I am worried I won't fit into fj or gringotts. We are only going to hpw so don't much mind not fitting on anything else. I have seen all the posts about the test seats but that doesn't help much right now. I have two and a half months till our trip but I don't think I will be able to make that much of a difference. The only thing that makes me feel any better is the next 4 days will be spent at Disney and I know that will be ok. I have watched the videos on YouTube of the rides to make myself try to feel better, at least I know what happens n the ride.

Everyone is made up different and wears the weight different too. Unfortunately the only way to know is there in a test seat or actual ride seat.

There was a guy on hulk last week row 3 modified and was having a hard time fitting. On TM guy was able to push down a little and off he went. Just go with a positive attitude, sit down, suck it in, and then pull down on the restraint.

I'm 6'4" and 235 but I still make sure I can get the roller coaster restraints to click very tight.

Everyone is made up different and wears the weight different too. Unfortunately the only way to know is there in a test seat or actual ride seat.

There was a guy on hulk last week row 3 modified and was having a hard time fitting. On TM guy was able to push down a little and off he went. Just go with a positive attitude, sit down, suck it in, and then pull down on the restraint.

I'm 6'4" and 235 but I still make sure I can get the roller coaster restraints to click very tight.

You're 235?????? Must be all muscle........didn't notice an ounce of fat on you........:rolleyes1 Not jealous at all!!

Good advice though.......try the test seats out and the TM's are very nice about helping you if you need it.

You're 235?????? Must be all muscle........didn't notice an ounce of fat on you........:rolleyes1 Not jealous at all!!

Good advice though.......try the test seats out and the TM's are very nice about helping you if you need it.

Thanks but I could shed about 20. Lol

I am around 280-290 and wear a size 26. I'm about 5'7" and have in the past ridden Hulk, Dragons, Mummy, spiderman. I didn't try FJ as I get motion sickness on 3D rides and Gringotts wasn't open the last time I went.

I am hoping to still be able to get on the rides even though I have put on a pound or 3 since my last visit.

DS couldn't fit in any coaster......6'4", 300 ish lbs.
Made for a miserable day for us. It all depends on how the bars git over you. Because of his height and his stomach, he could not get the bars over his shoulders to latch.

I have trouble fitting comfortably in the Dudley Do Right log flume ride. Those log flumes are tight and the lap bar is painful. I am bigger in the stomach and found it to be very uncomfortable.

Can I just say something you won't want to hear. I know this because neither did I. Last May (2014) I took my DD to WDW and cried at the photos when we came home. I was 15 and a half stone, 5 foot 5 inches. I have been doing Weight Watchers since August 2014 and we go back to WDW and Universal in 2 weeks so I will have been a member for exactly a year. I am now 10 stone and a UK size 10/12. Not sure what that is in US sizes. Anyway. My point is. It's 8 months until your spring break trip. You have the chance to solve your worries. Give it a go. I feel so much better I can't tell you. A year doesn't feel so long now to me. Please take my post in the spirit in which it is intended. Good luck x

Hi! I am a size 18/20 approx. 5'2". I am a perfect fit for FJ, but Gringott's was tricky. I sat in the front row twice and felt like my knees were jammed in against the front panel-couldn't move them at all! Always try to sit in the back row-lots more leg room! Now, I don't ride the big coasters, but I didn't have a problem on The Mummy. We are going back next summer and I really worry about my DD. She is heavier than me and taller. It's all in her boobs, hips, legs and butt! I'm trying to get her walking and eating healthier so she will lose some weight before we go. I'm hoping UO will be a good incentive for her! Good luck everyone!

The three of us were actually planning a US/IOA day in October but I later found out that US does not cater to heavier people so we decided to spend our $600-$800 at Daytona Beach or either leave it in our pockets. Here is a very candid video of 2 ladies who were gracious enough to show us a video on what its like (one does fit, one does not). They test the seat at 5 mins in and if you listen, both tell their weights.

It would embarrass me to have to sit in one of those seats in front of people and Im pretty sure I wouldn't fit as a size 24 so we'll just go elsewhere. Hope the video helps someone else like it did me.

Last edited:
The three of us were actually planning a US/IOA day in October but I later found out that US does not cater to heavier people so we decided to spend our $600-$800 at Daytona Beach or either leave it in our pockets. Here is a very candid video of 2 ladies who were gracious enough to show us a video on what its like (one does fit, one does not). They test the seat at 5 mins in and if you listen, both tell their weights.

It would embarrass me to have to sit in one of those seats in front of people and Im pretty sure I wouldn't fit as a size 24 so we'll just go elsewhere. Hope the video helps someone else like it did me.

Where have I seen those girls before????

Have they been discussed on these boards before??

Thanks so much for posting the video! This will help a lot of people!

Where have I seen those girls before????

Have they been discussed on these boards before??

they have done other videos before on the disney side.
if i'm wrong, they look like twins to the sisters i am thinking about.

they have done other videos before on the disney side.
if i'm wrong, they look like twins to the sisters i am thinking about.

Are they the ones that claimed to be buyers or shoppers for Disney stuff on their website?

I may be totally off base and getting mixed up as it was a while ago........but something rings a bell with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter