Questions about rides and larger guests (Pooh Sized)

try to sit up as straight as you can.
make your rear/hips go to the back of the seat and sit up as high as you can with your back as straight as possible.

Can I just say something you won't want to hear. I know this because neither did I. Last May (2014) I took my DD to WDW and cried at the photos when we came home. I was 15 and a half stone, 5 foot 5 inches. I have been doing Weight Watchers since August 2014 and we go back to WDW and Universal in 2 weeks so I will have been a member for exactly a year. I am now 10 stone and a UK size 10/12. Not sure what that is in US sizes. Anyway. My point is. It's 8 months until your spring break trip. You have the chance to solve your worries. Give it a go. I feel so much better I can't tell you. A year doesn't feel so long now to me. Please take my post in the spirit in which it is intended. Good luck x

I know you meant that for someone else but just wanted to say I have been doing the "lifestyle change" (don't call it a diet) and have lost 40 pounds since March. I started way before we decided to take this trip in June so I am glad I did decided to make changes. I want to lose 20 more before we leave which is very doable since we have 2 and a half months left. My point being, you can do it if you set your mind to it. It may be hard sometimes and you may have a bad day but tomorrow's always a fresh start. Fresh starts are available 7 days a week! :). Here's to a healthier us!

I am now 10 stone and a UK size 10/12. Not sure what that is in US sizes.

In American sizes you're a 6/8.

And that's an important thing to know, where someone lives! If you're in England and you're reading about people being size whatever, and the people talking about it are in America, the sizing is all off. Same vice versa.

It would embarrass me to have to sit in one of those seats in front of people and Im pretty sure I wouldn't fit as a size 24 so we'll just go elsewhere. Hope the video helps someone else like it did me.

24? Honestly I was a 22 at 5'3" and while I was in the outer edge seat on FJ I had zero issues. I'm not sure being a 24 will destroy all chances depending on how you're built.

That said, I wasn't riding as a size 22 when Gringott's was there. I don't *think* I would have had issues but I cannot state that with absolute certainty.

Is there any special way to shift myself to get that third click? Or any secrets I don't know about?

Soft clothes that let you mold to the seat and restraint and don't constrain you.

In American sizes you're a 6/8.

And that's an important thing to know, where someone lives! If you're in England and you're reading about people being size whatever, and the people talking about it are in America, the sizing is all off. Same vice versa.

24? Honestly I was a 22 at 5'3" and while I was in the outer edge seat on FJ I had zero issues. I'm not sure being a 24 will destroy all chances depending on how you're built.

That said, I wasn't riding as a size 22 when Gringott's was there. I don't *think* I would have had issues but I cannot state that with absolute certainty.

Soft clothes that let you mold to the seat and restraint and don't constrain you.
I have ridden Gringott's as a size 22, several times, and had no issues, so would be very surprised to hear of issues in that range. I am sure you wouldn't have had issues.

This is helpful and making me nervous! I am 5'7" 260 at the moment, I lost 14 and I don't weigh hardly ever (because it's a lifestyle and not a diet for me too) but I am big in the middle, 20/22 pants from places like kohls. If that helps gage my size. I want to lose 30 by the trip but so far the weight is coming off so slowly. Most of my weight is lower body.

He thing is I am thinking of taking my daughter to universal ONLY to do harry potter rides, she is 8 and would not ride without me. If I got there and didn't fit it would be a disaster and a total waste of money, I don't want to break her heart if she couldn't ride FJ and Gringotts.

I think I will continue to eat well, maybe more strict or somehting, for another month then decide if she and I will add HP or not. If you were possibly close like this would you gamble it or is it better to be safe than sorry, tell her we will go in a few years as originally planned?

i would chance it and go in end of october as you planned.
you never know if that trip with daughter will happen in the future.....

if you do a strict diet and try to do walking regularly, you'd be close to your goal in the next 3 months.
you have 9 more days of july, all of august and september yet to go and will have all of october for you to lose the 30 lbs.

walking will help tone up the middle section and that will be to your advantage for going on the potter rides.

I am disabled so I can't do any real exercise, one of the challenges. But thanks for the positive feedback I will do my best but I won't tell her for sure for another month or so. It's taken me a long 3 months to lose only 14! In the past I used to take to off much faster but my body has changed. Am going to step it uo a notch!!!

you have done very good in the 3 months by losing 14 pounds.
i find that losing at a slower rate, i do keep that loss off.

if you only lose another 14 in the next 3 months, even that should be fine to help you with the rides you fear might be too snug for you.

[QUOTE="bumbershoot, post: 54094593, member:

Soft clothes that let you mold to the seat and restraint and don't constrain you.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you rode FJas a 22, and I can't even get a yellow light lol. It just shows how we're all proportioned differently. I'm goi g to wear yoga pants tomorrow and see if that helps, they're thin and may allow more. Tomorrow is our last day. If I get on, I will do a 2nd ride immediately afterwards. I'm so scared though :( but at least I've ridden it before! Gringotts fits me just fine at my size. It's quite comfortable.

What id like to know is how I fit fine in RRR and the mummy, but FJ is more difficult. I'm wondering if it has to be the giant boobs I'm sporting (42DDD).

Hope you get to ride this time AB............the FJ restraints are quite unforgiving at times.

My husband has broad shoulders and is just over 6 foot.........he found it just comfortable. Body dimension certainly does have an effect. Which is why two people of the same weight and size may not both fit.

Good luck anyway........:)

AHHHHH I was able to ride FJ TWICE in a row this morning. What a perfect t ending to our vacation and I actually fit very comfortably in the seat. I wore yoga pants and a slouchy tank top. I actually had tears of joy as I was so excited and happy today

Eta: my husband almost had a hard time. He is 260, very sticky and has big. Road shoulders

AHHHH i was able to ride FJ TWICE in a row today. Simply amazing. What a perfect ending to our vacation I had tears of joy when it started lol, it's my most favorite ride ever.

FYI,,My husband is 6'2" and 260 and he just got barely three clicks. He's barrel chested and broad shouldered.

I realize that for your husband you meant to write stocky, but it came out sticky! LOL! I had a mental picture of him covered in melted butter ever ice cream!

I'm glad you were able to ride! pixiedust:

For Potter (we went for just Potter, so we did very little in the rest of the parks) I can state that I fit on both FJ and Gringott's with no issues. Sat in the outside seat for FJ both times I went and sat in the back and front of Gringott's. The back DEFINITELY has more space than the front. I fit in both, but people with longer legs will want the back row. Put it this way: My toes barely touched the floor in the back and in the front I was completely flatfooted.

These aren't my exact measurements, but I found them on a website when I was trying to judge fitting in Gringott's and I was similar enough that I kept it as my target to be at or under to fit. I'll do my actual measurements when I get home.

48" chest, 45" waist, 51" hips, 30" thigh

Also - we went on the second day with someone with slightly larger measurements (and much taller - I'm only 5'5") and she fit on everything too.

AHHHH i was able to ride FJ TWICE in a row today. Simply amazing. What a perfect ending to our vacation I had tears of joy when it started lol, it's my most favorite ride ever.

FYI,,My husband is 6'2" and 260 and he just got barely three clicks. He's barrel chested and broad shouldered.

Fantastic!!! So pleased for you that you got to ride........and glad you enjoyed it after all the wait.......:)

For Potter (we went for just Potter, so we did very little in the rest of the parks) I can state that I fit on both FJ and Gringott's with no issues. Sat in the outside seat for FJ both times I went and sat in the back and front of Gringott's. The back DEFINITELY has more space than the front. I fit in both, but people with longer legs will want the back row. Put it this way: My toes barely touched the floor in the back and in the front I was completely flatfooted.

These aren't my exact measurements, but I found them on a website when I was trying to judge fitting in Gringott's and I was similar enough that I kept it as my target to be at or under to fit. I'll do my actual measurements when I get home.

48" chest, 45" waist, 51" hips, 30" thigh

Also - we went on the second day with someone with slightly larger measurements (and much taller - I'm only 5'5") and she fit on everything too.

That's about what I am! Good news. My hips are a bit bigger, but will work on it :)

AHHHHH I was able to ride FJ TWICE in a row this morning. What a perfect t ending to our vacation and I actually fit very comfortably in the seat. I wore yoga pants and a slouchy tank top. I actually had tears of joy as I was so excited and happy today

Eta: my husband almost had a hard time. He is 260, very sticky and has big. Road shoulders

best post i have read this morning !!

thrilled you both were able to ride it.
like you said, a perfect way to end your vacation.

I realize that for your husband you meant to write stocky, but it came out sticky! LOL! I had a mental picture of him covered in melted butter ever ice cream!

I'm glad you were able to ride! pixiedust:

Yes I saw that after lol. Silly auto correct

Fantastic!!! So pleased for you that you got to ride........and glad you enjoyed it after all the wait.......:)

best post i have read this morning !!

thrilled you both were able to ride it.
like you said, a perfect way to end your vacation.

Thanks!! It was just amazing. I had the greatest team member ever, and I'm actually going to write an email to universal about her. I think what may have happened the other day was a combination of sticky sweaty skin, and I swear the test seats are not the same as the inside seats. But I think wearing the clothes I did today helped big time.

And to celebrate, I just ate a big pink donut. Well 1/4 of it, and the rest saved. Yes I know, counter productive to my weight issues, but I'm on vacation and I'm going to enjoy it. Big time. Back to reality soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter