Rachel and Corey's Wishes Wedding 12/7/15 Update 4/20 HONEYMOON DAY 1

Right after I got my veil on my brother game in to get his boutonniere. I tried to pin it on him but failed miserably. Ashley told me to just take a picture of me pretending to pin it on and she would pin it on for me.

Patricia was finishing up Jessica's lashes.

While I frantically ran around the room trying to find stuff for Ashley to photograph. I wanted her to get my bride and bridesmaids shirts but could only find Emily's so we just took a quick pic of them.

Around this time Rachel the second shooter went over to Corey's room to get his getting ready pictures. He was in his parent's room with his dad and mom. Corey hates pictures so I am sure he was just loving this. He was already dressed so Rachel had him pose. I am not sure if he knew they were even coming to his room.

I love this one!

And this one!! I loved his shoes and socks.

His dad helped him with his jacket.

His pretty boutonniere. These flowers were called a ranunculus with green berries.

Finishing up in Corey's room she got a really cute picture of Corey and his parents.

Corey and I exchanged cards the day of the wedding. I kept wondering where my card was from him but I finally spied in in Kari's pile. While Rachel was over there she got Corey opening his card. We were going to do gifts but I ran out of money! :) I couldn't find a wedding day card so i got him a husband happy anniversary card. Lol, hey it was our 0 year anniversary!

I swear I saw him tearing up!

Heading back into my room it was time to get dressed! EEEk! So exciting. I couldn't wait. At that point I already changed into my wedding thong (yes I said it!) and out of my bright pink underwear. I don't know why I decided to wear bright pink underwear while getting ready. You can see it through my cover up. We moved my dress to the window and Ashley snapped some pictures. I just love this dress. I went through periods of hate/love with it but luckily ended up with loving it.

Wish I would have poofed up the cups a bit.

SWOOOON!

I helped my maids into their dresses. Emily needed help with her shoes.

More dress

Time to get into my dress!

I made Tyler and his second shooter leave. I wasn't going to be wearing a bra and was wearing a thong and really no one needs to be videotaping that. Heck, I don't even watch that!

My mom did the honor of helping me in. After we had everything covered we had Tyler come back in.

Then all the bridesmaids and my mom started taking the loops around the buttons. How many bridesmaids does it take to put a bride in her dress?

I like how you can see the little crystals in my veil in this.

Pretty seeester

I made Emily tie my bow. She was the only one I trusted to tie it.

I just LOVE this picture of her tying my bow.

Next, it was Jessica's turn to help me put on my bracelet. I love these too. They are such a sweet special sister moment.

Next step was to put on my earrings. I was pretty worried about these earrings because they were super heavy. You can tell in my in my face. Anytime I show worry I get really tense.

Ashley yelled at me to smile and look happy while I was doing this! Whoops, I can't help it. I always look serious. That made me laugh.

Bridesmaids thought it was funny too.

Yaya, the were in. Now hopefully they don't rip out of my earlobe.

Next I sat down in the chair to put on my shoes.

Loveeee!

Kari then handed Corey's card to me to read. I remember doing something for video where I held out the card so they could get a video close up.

Then I read it. All two sentences. Corey is a man of few words I guess. Haha. He is normally pretty good with cards. I guess he didn't feel like writing a lot.

Ashley then goes, "Alright that was way too fast! You have to do that again!" To which I responded, "Well he should have wrote more!" That made the maids laugh really hard.

You can see where he wrote. He actually found a bride card!

Ashley then took portraits of me sitting in the chair while she stood on the bench. Our room was just perfect. It was gorgeous and the textures and textiles and light colors were so pretty. I love these so much! I wish I could look like like this every day.

The next round of portraits were in front of the door. Swoon again. Just perfect.

This was the most irritating time of the day. While I was getting my pictures done my mom comes in and said my dad is complaining that he is feeling excluded from everything. She said he felt like a paycheck only. UGHH I am sorry we are getting ready in our room?? Men aren't allowed. Did he not realize that? I got sooo mad at this and then got really flustered and started yelling at my mom and told her to tell him to shut up. I did not want to get in a fight on my wedding day. Anyways, I calmed down and got over it. To this day, my dad said he never said that. I believe that Shirley, my stepmom, was actually making that up because she felt excluded. The whole thing was a mess.

Somewhere along the way the second shooter ended up in my dad's room and got Jessica putting his boutonniere on.

Looks like my stepmom had to finish the job.

After portraits it was time to head out! I gathered up my wristlet, my flowers, gave my mom the ring bearer boxes, and sprayed perfume on me. Time to head to the first look!

Oh my goodness your dress is beautiful!!! Also I am ecstatic, we went with Ashley as well, her photos are clear and bright, love it.

Waiting anxiously for the next installment!

You looked amazing, your photos are incredible too! Can't wait to read more!!! :lovestruc

Oh my goodness your dress is beautiful!!! Also I am ecstatic, we went with Ashley as well, her photos are clear and bright, love it.

Waiting anxiously for the next installment!

I had no idea you hired Ashley! She does an amazing job. I like the Roots work as wellbut Ashley ended up giving more photos overall than most Roots galleries AND ashley jane is cheaper! Yes, I wanted really natural, authentic work and she definitely fits that.

You looked amazing, your photos are incredible too! Can't wait to read more!!! :lovestruc

Thanks so much!! I love the photos. Wish I had more actually. Lol!

Your dress is so pretty, and I loved your hair! It really looks like it was meant to be the two colours!

Your pictures turned out amazing! Can't wait to read how the rest of the day went!

Your dress is so pretty, and I loved your hair! It really looks like it was meant to be the two colours!

Your pictures turned out amazing! Can't wait to read how the rest of the day went!
Thank you! I am glad it didn't look as bad as I thought.

Before I found out about Amanda132's wedding location, Ashley and I talked about having our first look at the gazebo where there their wedding was. I was fine with that but obviously knew it had to be changed. My only stipulation was that it had to be outside in a private location. That definitely limited the options.

There was a lot of craziness going on before our first look. I still had to do my first look with my dad and Ashley was running back and forth from the lobby trying to find a spot for us. I felt so bad for her because our room was all the way at the long hallway. This was the most hectic time during the whole day because we were already running behind.

When Ashley got back we made our trek down the hall. I wanted to do a first look with my dad and didn't know where to do it, especially since he said he felt left out. We decided I was going to go a spot and then he would come and meet me. When I went past his room he opened up his door and saw me! He hurried up and shut it! I think he saw me though.

At the end of the hall by the elevator we were just like screw it lets do the first look here to get it over with. There was a little bit of light but not much.

I waited in the hallway, meanwhile all these strollers were passing me. That was kind of odd. We were in a bad traffic spot. My dad then got settled in facing the elevators. Everyone was placing bets on if he was going to cry or not. I was worried I was going to start crying if he started crying.

Then I went up to him and tapped him on his shoulder. I love his reaction! The pictures didn't come out the best here because of the light but oh well.

Meanwhile, our entire family was watching! That was funny. And Yay, he didn't cry!

Since my family was all standing around I got a couple of cute iphone pics. Kind of fun to see it from a different perspective.

Then it was time to head to our first look. This was done in private so my family had to wait in the lobby. The first look was from 1-1:30 but I have no idea what time it was.

Heading down into the world of civilization was when all the congrats started. Everytime I would pass someone they would stare, or say congrats. It was one of my most favorite parts of the entire day. I felt like a celebrity.

I believe we met up with Maxine downstairs. We headed to where Corey was waiting, which was kind of in the back of Beach Club, past the Solarium? I think.

Corey was down there waiting for me. I waited a little bit in the solarium while he made sure he turned around.

On the way there I was realizing how annoying my shoes where going to be. The crystals were pointy and they kept getting stuck on the crinoline, to the point where i either had to kick out my skirt or untangle the crinoline from the crystals. Ughh.

Our first look was probably the most unromantic thing ever. So beware :) I tapped him on his back, we hugged, and we stood there talking a bit. After a couple minutes we were like okay we are done. We don't need to do this anymore. He did think I looked beautiful and he loved my dress. I had fun showing him my dress.

We did see Amanda and Jeff taking pictures by us. It was fun to have another wedding going on.

I was so worried Corey already saw my dress. We've lived together for 7 years so he sees everything. My bag for my dress was pretty see through. He swears he didn't see it though. He obviously knew it was poofy though.

I knew our first look would be more awkward that romantic but I am glad we did it. It made the time before the wedding being able to be used for pictures and I would so much rather have that. Plus, we felt more relaxed at the ceremony. Yes, I have always dreamed about Corey seeing me for the first time at the altar but I don't think I would have traded our first look for that.

I'm not even entirely sure what we talked about during the first look. He kept saying I looked pretty, I kept asking him if he liked my dress, we kept saying what are we supposed to be doing?, we talked about Amanda and Jeff getting their photos :), I asked if he liked the flowers, we talked about how his morning was swimming. I really hope there is audio for the first look.

Then we took some portraits.

I really like this one. It is one of my favorites from the day.

Love.

All of my family was hanging out in the beach club lobby during our first look. They got some really cute photos :)

Jessica (sister) and my cousin Gracie.

My dad and stepmom

My uncle and dad with their socks?

Jessica and my brother. I just love how those flowers pop and their earrings look amazing.

Such a beauty!

After this it was time for the bridal party pictures.

Last edited:
You two look absolutely wonderful! Annnd that's the thing I'm most worried about with my wedding, I hate the frantic "let's go, let's go" feeling (probably from my military service), but your photos turned out great! Love the shot of your Dad resting his head on your shoulder.

You two look absolutely wonderful! Annnd that's the thing I'm most worried about with my wedding, I hate the frantic "let's go, let's go" feeling (probably from my military service), but your photos turned out great! Love the shot of your Dad resting his head on your shoulder.

I would plan on plenty of extra time for the pictures then. It definitely felt very frantic at that moment. The other moment that it felt like that was after the wedding when we were attending the cocktail hour and we had to leave to take more pictures.

I love that picture too! Such a sweet moment.

After our first look we headed back in and met up with Maxine. Somehow along they way we decided on a little outside room at the Beach Club that I didn't even know existed. I think it was called a courtyard but I have no idea what the official name of it.

Corey and I have no idea how the bridal party got there. We don't remember if they were already there after the first look or if Maxine went and got them. I do remember how annoying my shoes where. It got so bad that they kept ripping the crinoline and I could hear it!

When we got into the courtyard we started with the entire bridal party. I was so excited to see how the colors that I chose ended up looking together!

I definitely was pleased! I loved the navy and pink. I loved the little kids outfits as well.

Then Corey and I took a little kid picture. They didn't behave -- I think each kid is looking at a different camera. Haha.

Next, the girls went on one side and the boys on the other.

I will start with the boys pictures. As a reminder, Corey's dad was his groomsman and my brother was his other groomsman. Austin, our nephew(blonde) was the ring bearer. My cousin, Brandon, was the ring bearer.

Around here is when I realized (when I got my photos back) that Corey's dad had his jacket unbuttoned for the entire wedding and pictures!! I am so annoyed. I can't believe no one told him to button it.

Corey and his nephew Austin. The sweetest little boy.

Corey and his dad. Love this one too. So cute that his dad was in our wedding.

Corey alone. I kind of like this serious face.

Corey and my brother, Josh. My brother has autism but he did a great job! He is high functioning though.

Now time for the girls. My cousin Gracie and second cousin Maddy were the flower girls. My sister, Corey's sister, and my best friend Emily were the bridesmaids.

Each girl went up next and did a serious picture and a silly face. My silly face is horrible. haha.

Emily

Jessica. I love our sequence of photos. We decided on a kissy face.

One of my favorites from the entire day. True sister love!

Kari

Then we did some bridesmaid photos where we linked our arms.

And they looked at me in an adoring way.

Ahh, I just love these colors.

The second shooter took a side shot.

Another one of my favorites from the day.

Entire group of girls.

We were done with the bridal party so we did some Corey and Rachel photos.

I really love how the lightpost added something to these photos.

Then we did a walking shot. I hate how my dress was bunching in this picture. I really wish I would have went to a different seamstress. She really stuggled with my dress (although most people wouldn't be able to tell)

Then she made Corey leave and I took some Rachel only pictures.

Ugh..I am not happy with these photos. I really wish someone would have fixed my dress.

So upset I didn't get a back picture here also.

However, I really like this one!

Super pretty too!

She told me to hold out my veil in this one. I like how it turned out.

And that was it for the courtyard pictures! Next we were going to be walking to the ceremony.

We headed towards the lobby to meet up with everyone and head out to get going to make our way to the ceremony. It really was a processional to head to the ceremony.

When we headed outside Maxine came up to me and said my mom said that she wanted to take pictures inside because it was too hot?? I got po'ed at this moment. WHY in the world would my mom not want to take picture outside on a very mild day? I got really upset. I told Maxine no way in hell are we taking pictures inside. To this day my mom says she never said that? Maybe my step mom said that but I don't know why she would say that either. Either way I was pretty irritated.

Amanda132 was taking pictures in the pathway going out to the boardwalk. Instead of walking around them we stood there for 5-10 minutes waiting for them to be done. I was pretty irritated again that we waited there instead of going around them. 5-10 minutes is a lot of time for pictures that we were missing! Maxine got on her walky talky to talk to Amanda's planner and asked when they were going to be done. Finally, we just decided to walk behind them. We didn't interrupt them so I am not sure why we didn't do that to begin with. It wasn't their fault, it was more of my planner not wanting to go around them. But in all actuality it wasn't a big deal at all :) I got to say hi to Amanda along the way and her photographer took a photo of me. I am so mad we didn't get a picture together! It would have been so cute.

We stopped for two bridal party pictures on the way. I told her I really wanted the whole beach scene in the backdrop so we played up on that.

The little boys having fun! They were BFFs until a certain something happened.

We kept stopping at spots around the boardwalk. Once again I was loving all the attention.

The first spot we stopped has some of my favorite photos from the entire day.

I love how you can see Seabreeze Point in these pictures. It makes these mean so much more to us.

I have no idea what I found so funny but this cracks me up.

It really was a sight to see us all walking together. Look at Maxine holding my dress, what a trooper!

Then Ashley took some bouquet shots.

And iphone behind the scenes.

This one is cool!

Another one behind the scenes.

Then we took some more Corey and Rachel shots with everyone watching...so not romantic. I think Ashley was getting pretty annoyed with everyone watching us and taking pictures so she asked Maxine if everyone would head to Seabreeze Point so we could have some alone time. Yes please!

This one was with everyone still.

iphone pics from family.

Then everyone left. You could just tell how much more relaxed we got without an entire crowd watching us and taking pictures.

In color..this is one of my favorites from the day. Obsessed with my eye makeup.

Maxine came back after that and we were done with the couple pics before the ceremony.

Maxine told us to hang out at the beach club until they were ready for us and she would come get Corey. So we sat at the quiet pool in some lounge chairs. It was so funny to be hanging out at a pool in our wedding gear. A DFTW assistant hung out with us so it wasn't that romantic but she wasn't with us the entire time. This was another one of my favorite times of the day. We felt like we were hanging out at the pool on a regular disney vacation. Except we were in our wedding outfits. We had such a nice quiet time.

Except it was too much of a quiet time. Corey brought up that the ceremony should be starting by now. Maxine's assistant told us that we were waiting on guests!? What? We were waiting on guests?? Oh no! They must have missed the bus. I knew it was my aunts who missed the bus. Then I felt bad that they were probably trying to find the bus and couldn't find it. I was just getting so worried and kept asking the assistant ( I don't even remember her name but she was so nice!) who was missing. She was really being pretty quiet and wasn't saying much information.

At this point it was time for Corey to head to the ceremony and me to my dad. When I met my dad he said that the sign must be pretty special to hold up a ceremony for. I was like what you are talking about! He thought I knew that the holdup was for my sign.

Apparently we were waiting on my custom hand painted sign that I ordered from Etsy. The sign that was $170 and the sign that almost never got to my apt. in time because of the horrible etsy seller.

When my mother in law and sister in law got to the ceremony they were like where is the sign!? Maxine didn't know where the sign was. They both knew I would be so upset without the sign. Maxine suggested we could just put the easel away so I wouldn't notice it. But my MIL and SIL said I would be so upset because of all I went through with it. And they were right. I have been really upset if this sign wasn't there.

So the sign ended up being left at Francks. The sign LITERALLY got a police escort to the boardwalk. The car pulled up to the actual boardwalk and I saw them running the sign to the ceremony. What a funny story that ended to be.

I am pretty sure we started the ceremony about 20 minutes late but I am not entirely sure.

With the sign in place it was time for the ceremony to start!

Love your photos! Sorry that you had to wait for us! I guess it's probably Disney's "two brides can never exist at the same time" rule. Maybe they didn't realize that we had already seen each other earlier in the day.

Also, I'm so glad you got your sign! That is one important sign. :rotfl:

Love your photos! Sorry that you had to wait for us! I guess it's probably Disney's "two brides can never exist at the same time" rule. Maybe they didn't realize that we had already seen each other earlier in the day.

Also, I'm so glad you got your sign! That is one important sign. :rotfl:

That is okay! :) It wasn't your fault. That is a funny rule if that is the reason.

I love the sign story. A police escorted sign, such a story to remember.

While waiting for my dad to begin our walk, I spotted my two friends trying to see me, one from the DIS @MEK and Leighann from the DisBrides. It was so nice to see them even though I have never met them before. People kept saying congratulations to me while we were making our walk. My dad kept saying "I'm not the groom though". Well duh you aren't the groom, you are walking me down the aisle! I really felt like a celebrity this entire day.

These pictures were all while I was waiting behind my dad.

Our ceremony site. You have no idea how much I contemplated these flowers on the arches. I am SO glad I kept them. They really made the ceremony pop.

The rose petals. Kari and Diane were both worried about these role petals because they weren't down yet when they got there. But they said they don't put them down until right before the ceremony. They were so pretty.

Corey's dad was the ring holder. He was so nervous!

The little kids! And you can see me and my dad in the background! I just noticed that. They were just so cute.

Now time for the ceremony. My brother brought my stepmom and mom in first.

Corey's dad then brought in Diane.

Then Corey came in. I believe the song that I chose for them to walk in to was the instrumental version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".

Apparently corey gave my brother a fist bump?

Then the bridesmaids came in. They came in to Canon in D. I really wanted the traditional music for us to walk in to.

Then the little kids. I can't get over how cute they were.

I am so excited to get this ceremony video back. Obviously, I have no idea what happened before I arrived, but even when I was there it was a blur. Definitely the biggest blur of the day.

Then it was time for me and my dad. I came in to Trumpet Voluntary.

Maxine gave my skirt one last swoosh before I entered.

My two Dis friends were snapping away like crazy and when I got close they told me how pretty I looked!

Side note: my dad wore his glasses that change colors in the sun for protection. I wish he didn't wear those. You can't see his eyes!

When we entered the gazebo and I saw how pretty everything was when I first started to close. I was in awe at how beautiful it was. You can see my eyes are a little watery.

Looking at my pretty maids.

My dad passed me off to Corey. They shook hands and my dad kissed me on my cheek.

The flower petals were so pretty.

So pretty.

I loved the pop of color.

At this point I really have no recollection of what happened. We asked Tim to do a religious/civil ceremony and it was going to be about 15 minutes long. My family really liked his ceremony but I didn't have similar thoughts. Maybe I will like it better when we get the video. It seemed a little too southern preacher to me, which was what I was trying to avoid. I also thought he was going to personalize the ceremony. We were asked to send him reasons why he wanted to spend the rest of our life together so I thought he was going to use them. But, it was fine. Everyone else really liked him so I am okay with that! Corey and I( I mean me) thought about doing our vows for a moment but he didn't want to do that. I would have liked to do something short and sweet with a little bit of humor. While our ceremony wasn't too personal it was more traditional, which I like. I am also glad I didn't have to stress about writing my vows.

The first thing he was was welcome everyone then got right in to vows. Corey got his vows stumbled up a bit. I can't tell if I am slightly crying in this picture.

My infamous and beautiful sign! I love this picture. I see a canvas in my future with this one.

Maybe this was when he messed up.

Then we exchanged rings. I didn't move my engagement ring over because I wanted it in the pictures but Tim asked to hold on to it because the wedding band has to go closest to your heart. I thought that was sweet.

It was weird putting Corey's ring on his finger.

Then he did a blessing. This picture is one of my favorites.

Then it was time to kiss! Corey actually put his hand behind my head. I always wanted a passionate first kiss but we totally aren't like that. This was definitely good enough for me!

Husband and wife!

Then we walked out. Our recessional song was The Main Street Electrical Parade. I didn't realize I needed to provide the actual music so it was just on the violin. I wanted the actual song but that is okay.

Another one of my favs

Josh took my brother and sister out.

And my dad took his ex wife and current wife. HAHA, awkward!

Overall, we really liked our ceremony. It was short, sweet, beautiful, and everything we wanted. I am 110% glad we chose Seabreeze Point. It totally fits us, that entire area, the beach, the water is just us. Thank the lord it was a beautiful day. God was with us that day. I would have been devastated if we had to go inside. It really was a great size for 26 people. Looking out my friends and family all here for us was one of my favorite things.

Corey said the ceremony was his favorite party of the day, but my favorite part was the party! Does that make me mean?

Last edited:
Rachel, you were one of the most stunning brides I've ever seen...absolutely gorgeous! Your ceremony seemed perfect! I LOVE that you had it at Sea Breeze...my hubby and I dream of one day renewing our vows at WDW, and Sea Breeze is exactly where we want to do it! You and Corey are a beautiful couple!

You pictures and just everything about your day was insanely beautiful!!! Great, great job planning. I don't think it could have come together any better.

I LOVE your ceremony décor!!! The flowers on the arches are perfect and really make the space look complete. Your ceremony pictures are so sweet too. While its the most meaningful part of the day, its kind of the part I'm dreading the most since that's when all eyes are on you. I'm much rather looking forward to the reception! Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter