READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm headed to LA tomorrow for Thursday at DL. Two questions:
1) Should my husband and I both try for a queue on my Disney account? Or should he open one for himself? Yes, will link all tickets and such before getting to the park.
2) It will be a Magic Morning, but I'm not staying on property. Will I still be able to go in early so that I'm on the grounds and tapped in by 9am (posted opening)?

Sounds like most of you are in FL, but hopefully someone can answer the second question...

Thank you!!!

Here’s how our day is going so far
Bus from SSR 5:57am
Boarding group 44 for our party of three
2 newbies with me this morning
Nearly 6 hours later, and no groups have been called to board.
We have DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom tonight.
I’m on the bus back to SSR for a break So that’s how it’s going so far.
We did ride MFSR with a 50 minute wait first thing this morning. And experienced Oga’s Cantina. Star Tours and Muppets. So, at least we got to do a few things. I will report back if we ever get called to ride.

1) Should my husband and I both try for a queue on my Disney account? Or should he open one for himself? Yes, will link all tickets and such before getting to the park.
2) It will be a Magic Morning, but I'm not staying on property. Will I still be able to go in early so that I'm on the grounds and tapped in by 9am (posted opening)?

Sounds like most of you are in FL, but hopefully someone can answer the second question...

Thank you!!!
You can set up separate accounts or have one account logged in both phones.
They will let you in before 9am.

Well when you talk to a frontline CM they often don't know what is going on. Management and engineering/maintenance doesn't relay that info to them and if they do and they are wrong the guest is still upset. For example, today the ride was expected to be running within the last two hours but had a setback causing it to still be down.
Yeah, the reality is that it's a no win situation.

We got boarding group 85 this morning which was the last group before standby. Assuming they ever get it up and running, I think it is unlikely they will get to our group. Will we be able to get a fast pass and if so, how?

We hit -40 C this past week here in Canada. It was -47 with the windchill.

I bundled up and ran to work that day. Just over a mile. My truck would have started but it would have sounded like a bunch of cats underneath the hood.

We have 2 mornings next week planned for DS to get a ROTR boarding group. I will wear shorts for sure as it will be balmy weather compared to what we just experienced.
I hear you. You must be on the prairies somewhere too. I remember when it was colder in Winnipeg than Mars a few years back lol. We are there Jan 28 but coming off a cruise for so cannot make rope drop. I suspect we're hooped but I admit I'm still hoping for a BG

Thank you!!!

Theres a thread in the DL boards that will probably answer these questions better

Theres a thread in the DL boards that will probably answer these questions better
Yeah, been looking around but couldn't find any forum as smart as you lot! Since it has only been open a few days in DL, you all have a month's worth of experience under your belts compared to the CA crowd. ;)

At this point sort of hoping for a recovery FP as we have Moonlight Magic tonight.
Here’s how our day is going so far
Bus from SSR 5:57am
Boarding group 44 for our party of three
2 newbies with me this morning
Nearly 6 hours later, and no groups have been called to board.
We have DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom tonight.
I’m on the bus back to SSR for a break So that’s how it’s going so far.
We did ride MFSR with a 50 minute wait first thing this morning. And experienced Oga’s Cantina. Star Tours and Muppets. So, at least we got to do a few things. I will report back if we ever get called to ride.

We’re also headed to Moonlight Magic tonight. At this point just hoping for a recovery FP so we can just go check-in for the event.

Has anyone with a later (120+) BG already received the dreaded "We will not be able to accomodate..." push notification?

We got boarding group 85 this morning which was the last group before standby. Assuming they ever get it up and running, I think it is unlikely they will get to our group. Will we be able to get a fast pass and if so, how?
Yes, you should get one to ride for tomorrow if your group is not called. Will just show up in your MDE app. Paper ones will be distributed if your BG is called and you are in line but ride is evacuated.

We'll be at HS on the 29th. I know some others on this board have said they'll be there 26th and 28th. It's looking like as we get closer and closer, the hours for HS won't change for the last week. On one hand, I wish they would so that it's maybe easier to get a BG for ROTR (with less people willing to go to the park early). On the other hand, a 8am opening means an hour more of sleep! I'm just nervous about the stats for an 8am opening since that hasn't happened yet. And even crazier, they're set to only have 8am opening for one week until they move to 9am. I think that's madness!
And I'm going the first week of Feb, which currently is *right* after they switch to 9am opening. I'm getting nervous again
I ate breakfast at Rondos and asked a CM at the ride. They don't know anything but you have to go by to see their cool winter coats. I should have taken a pic. After my SDD ride my teeth were chattering so I'm back at the resort warming up and hopefully napping.

ETA for the person who thought being solo was an advantage, not for me. I think it's offset by the fact groups can have more people trying.
Please take a picture when you get back! I'd love to see them!

Thank you!!!
Check out the DL RotR boading group thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...poilers-please-please-read-posts-1-3.3784461/

Sayhello

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter