READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following this thread every day in prep for our trip Feb. 4. Wish they'd change it to 7am, just have to be patient I guess. Math question, if there are 100 people in a boarding group and they give out 100 boarding groups by 7:01am, does that mean there are already 10,000 people in the park (100 times 100)? That sounds like a lot more people than the pictures I have seen, lol.
Yes, that's what it means, plus more as this does not take into account those who are assigned to Secondary Boarding Groups. The people are spread out throughout the park.

I will forever say I'm impressed at how Disney moves and distributes people!!

PS - Based on information from earlier today, I believe 50% of these people are in line at Starbucks! :rotfl2:

You can buy a cup of regular coffee at an Ice Cream stand near the Beverly Sunset theater. It was a hidden treasure when we were there last Friday!
Good tip! Especially for those who prefer a basic cup of coffee, why bother waiting 30 minutes.

And there's 2 Jeoffrey's locations inside HS too. One is by ToT, the other in Pixar Place.
Is either area accessible/open during rope drop?

At HS today. Arrived 630 am. In park by 645. Had app open at 7am. Hit find out more. Got boarding group 41. All main groups gone by 703am.
Our Boarding group announced at 1046am.
Entered line 1225pm
Ride has gone down. Hopefully only temporary.

Any movement? Have BG 67.

When they evacuated us, they said they were shutting down power to the ride. I don’t know how long it takes to reboot, but it didn’t sound good.

Wondering if folks are staring at their phone's clock at 6:59am and as soon as it shows 7:00am they quickly switch over to the Disney app and click "Find Out More"? Or, is there some other source for official time that syncs with Disney 7:00am?

Wondering if folks are staring at their phone's clock at 6:59am and as soon as it shows 7:00am they quickly switch over to the Disney app and click "Find Out More"? Or, is there some other source for official time that syncs with Disney 7:00am?
That is a good option or you can stand by a FastPass clock outside of a show or ride.

Got a boarding pass in the first 20 seconds after 7am. Boarding group 29. I had the app closed and immediately opened at 7am. Didn't see any numbers called till nearly 8am but then the numbers went quickly. Went from 9-14 to our number 29 by 840. Line + the full ride experience we were done by 930. Line started just about 10 yards from the entrance. Really happy with the experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
To me the one interesting thing is long-term improvement in BG/hr. If you can get Thrill Data to show you that in a chart or graph, I haven't figured out how.
They have a chart that displays "groups per hour" going back to 12/05. You can eyeball the change. To make it easier to detect, all they would need to do is add a trend line.

In all honesty we are near the point of where its not that needed anymore. The chart can stay linked to the first page to show the data we have collected but overall any additional data in the chart doesn't help us much. We also have outside sources that if needed can help us even further.
Outside sources??? :confused3:confused3:confused3
Also, unlike some attractions, being a single does not automatically put you into a bad seat.
Cool!! Thanks for that info! I'm going solo first week of Feb!
Following this thread every day in prep for our trip Feb. 4. Wish they'd change it to 7am, just have to be patient I guess. Math question, if there are 100 people in a boarding group and they give out 100 boarding groups by 7:01am, does that mean there are already 10,000 people in the park (100 times 100)? That sounds like a lot more people than the pictures I have seen, lol.
Feb 4th is my DHS day, too. I wish they'd just move it to 7am now!!

Sayhello

Are they still distributing the one day tickets and fast passes to people who have a regular BG but don’t get to ride?

Without spoiling for those who haven't been on it (or you can PM me), when in the ride do they call for singles? This is amazing to know because I hate being a single rider on things like FOP - I'm always in spot 15/16 and it suckssssssssss.
It’s after the “experience” part starts. There’s one section of queue at that point and there they will call for singles as they are putting you into groups of 4/8/16 (number in row/number in vehicle/number that load in same area) to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter