READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think this is necessarily true. I feel like having two opportunities after opening is better than having no opportunities after opening. Before, if you wanted to ride RotR you HAD to be there at opening, but this no longer the case. I still think most people will arrive at opening, but it should prevent at least some people from arriving at opening.

disagree because as @yulilin3 pointed out, if they have issues, they won't even open up any spots a 1 or 4.

I don’t think this is necessarily true. I feel like having two opportunities after opening is better than having no opportunities after opening. Before, if you wanted to ride RotR you HAD to be there at opening, but this no longer the case. I still think most people will arrive at opening, but it should prevent at least some people from arriving at opening.
In theory, it sounds great, but in actuality, clearly not so much! This is a mistake that Disney needs to fix ASAP. The VQ just isn't going to work in its current form (for ROTR anyway) with the precautions that are needed

Sorry for typos, walking.

My crew is slow in mornings and didn't believe me (again,) that we needed to be there early. Left BWV parking lot about 9:45. Temp scan was long line on bus side, car side shorter and faster, we cut over. Security was slow- remove umbrella, metal water bottle and aerosol. Tapped in at 10 exactly.

Tried to join VQ anyway, got page of code. I failed to screenshot. Found CM to ask, I didn't feel like scanning through the code. Queue full, try at 1. He did take a photo of my screen. We may or may not. We need to leave around 2 for airport.

Crowdwise feels much like my Jan trip. Walked into RnR, by the time we were off ToT was 60.

disagree because as @yulilin3 pointed out, if they have issues, they won't even open up any spots a 1 or 4.
It all comes out in the wash though, right? If they had one big boarding group in the morning but still had the same issues, they would still only get through the same number of people. Plus then you’d have people assigned to a BG who didn’t get the chance to ride, which is arguably worse than not getting assigned to a boarding group at all from a guest relations viewpoint.

In theory, it sounds great, but in actuality, clearly not so much! This is a mistake that Disney needs to fix ASAP. The VQ just isn't going to work in its current form (for ROTR anyway) with the precautions that are needed
Agree! HS rope drop was the most stressful and claustrophobic rope drop I had ever experienced when we went last year (and we have always been rope droppers). And that was in July well before Galaxy's Edge even opened. It is the park I am both dreading and looking forward to the most this November. I would love them to just open the boarding groups to anyone with a HS reservation that day whether they are tapped in to the park or not. No guarantee it would alleviate all of the crowding but it might help some.

Sorry for typos, walking.

My crew is slow in mornings and didn't believe me (again,) that we needed to be there early. Left BWV parking lot about 9:45. Temp scan was long line on bus side, car side shorter and faster, we cut over. Security was slow- remove umbrella, metal water bottle and aerosol. Tapped in at 10 exactly.

Tried to join VQ anyway, got page of code. I failed to screenshot. Found CM to ask, I didn't feel like scanning through the code. Queue full, try at 1. He did take a photo of my screen. We may or may not. We need to leave around 2 for airport.

Crowdwise feels much like my Jan trip. Walked into RnR, by the time we were off ToT was 60.
Did you walk or drive to DHS? Wondering if the walking path gets their own screening or is directed into one of the other ones.

Did you walk or drive to DHS? Wondering if the walking path gets their own screening or is directed into one of the other ones.
Walked which deposited us to the same temp screening as buses. No special anything. My best advice is to look across and judge the temp screening in the other side.

Then you at the mercy of security. I was prepared, but he still stopped and held me to go over his speil of what to remove. I've been here since Friday. We've gone from remove all metal/electronics and seem to have settled on metal water bottles, umbrellas and aerosol sprays.

Im really going to think about this.. we were there in March watched them go in 30 seconds, watched my families faces turn from happy to sad. We are going in October and I can not do this to them again. Maybe i should go to AK instead of putting them through this again. I guess ill keep watching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter