READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you. We have an 8:45 breakfast at Yacht Club so I guess I’ll eat fast. If park opens at 10 do you think 10:30 will do it? I didn’t expect to get such a low number lol
usually they call 10 groups per hour so you'll be fine

I think I figured out what the issue was with notifications. I have an open IT ticket that has not been resolved for years now. The first time one person in our group was added to our trip and locked out of Epcot and then the same issue with MNSSHP (time wasted and fast passes went to unused due to these issues which couldn’t be used as it was 30 minutes to park closing.

IT said I had too much history and needed to clear my account and that’s when this mess up with the system happened (no special notifications). I booked this trip and park reservations several months ago so I was scheduled to be in the park.

I’ve been on the phone with IT for 2 hours each time (3 times) PLUS hours of Epcot and MNSSHP and they walked me through al kinds of system checks- explorer, chrome, incognito, clearing history, my phone (iPhone 7) and app are good (updated). I don’t get Disney visa cardholder offers and can’t add the disney card on the website. Iwas able to add on the MDE but occasionally have to renter it there as well. I do get checkin and dining alerts. Just no special alerts (maybe it comes from a different email or system and they forgot to add my email or have some box unchecked).

so if you have any open IT tickets do not trust the system to notify you of changes. Check the day before you go and same day in case they change anything last minute. The response from guest services (3 different people) has been go to IT and follow up again. They couldn’t care less or how it has impacted my current trip. I didn’t get to ride on Nov 3rd due to this open IT issue which they have no interest in completely resolving. We had ROTR boarding group and I wasn’t trying to get another pass (you can only ride once a day but I was trying to alert them to this issue). I was told go to IT and call them. It doesn’t seem like they believe me. My app is latest. Web history is cleared. Then they tried to blame me for not following up after spending almost 10 hours on this.

Care to share info? On site? WiFi? Preselected?
We go next week and just trying to get a handle on all this.
I got 14 this morning and I logged out of mde at like 6:58 then back in. I was looking at an online clock with seconds. Once it hit 6:59:55 I hit join and then the next page I refreshed twice and got in. I tried Monday at 2 but I was near people and not looking at another clock which I guess was all bad. I researched more after that and this morning had success. I was on ATT Lte from Swan hotel.

WiFi at Kidani. What do you mean by preselected? I have another shot Monday (and I guess today at 2:00) - give me the tips! Thanks
wifi, especially at AKL resort is awful. Turn wifi off, close all apps, open MDE maybe 2 minutes before the time, as soon as the time turns to 2pm (you have to be tapped into the park for the 2pm drop) or 7am, hit the join button on the main page followed quickly by the join button on the next page, the whole process should be less than 2 seconds
The app now pre selects (checks) people who have a park reservation so you don't have to check if your party is selected or not, just hit join and join as quickly as possible

Just in case anyone was wondering, you can apparently cancel your 7:00 AM assignment and be eligible for a new BG in the 2:00 PM allotment. From my home in Tampa, I had grabbed BG 15 on Tuesday morning at 7:00 AM, and was on my way when I had something come up at home. To be conscientious, I cancelled my BG but headed over to DHS after I dealt with my issues and arrived about 1:00 PM. I managed to snag backup BG 82, and even with the ride going down for about an hour in the afternoon, I was able to ride around 5:30 PM.

Just in case anyone was wondering, you can apparently cancel your 7:00 AM assignment and be eligible for a new BG in the 2:00 PM allotment. From my home in Tampa, I had grabbed BG 15 on Tuesday morning at 7:00 AM, and was on my way when I had something come up at home. To be conscientious, I cancelled my BG but headed over to DHS after I dealt with my issues and arrived about 1:00 PM. I managed to snag backup BG 82, and even with the ride going down for about an hour in the afternoon, I was able to ride around 5:30 PM.

This is great info! I was wondering what I should do about my travel day since we will not be getting in early enough for opening. Now I think I'll try for a BG and if it's too early I'll just release it and try at 2 when we will be there.

Super important info. Thanks for sharing

Is there a reason to sign out and sign back in a few minutes before you try for a BG?
It does not have to be limited to a few minutes before the BG window(s) open.

Don't risk doing it that close to the BG window times. The app is being stressed enough by everyone doing a force quit and reloading the app just before the window(s) open. I always suggest you do this about 10-15 before 7 AM and 2 PM.

It is just a good idea to make sure that you sign in to MDE before the BG window(s) open so that you don't have to stop and sign in if your session had expired.

Dave

Anyone have a video or screenshots of the current process of getting a boarding group with the "join now" from the homepage?

I'm trying to find one and doing it "spoiler free" is impossible! Every article about the ride has a ton of actual ride photos. I'm squinting at these pages like they are a solar eclipse! Though after two years of diverting my eyes, I've probably already seen the whole thing.

Anyone have a video or screenshots of the current process of getting a boarding group with the "join now" from the homepage?

I'm trying to find one and doing it "spoiler free" is impossible! Every article about the ride has a ton of actual ride photos. I'm squinting at these pages like they are a solar eclipse! Though after two years of diverting my eyes, I've probably already seen the whole thing.
I'll screenshot the process at 2pm and post

Forgive me as I’m sure this question has probably been answered a thousand times. This was my first time trying to practice getting a boarding group.

I opened the app exactly at 2, had a world clock I was looking at, and within the 10 seconds the app took to load and get me to the Join page it said there were no more groups.

Is this the right strategy or should I be already in the app prior to 2?

Forgive me as I’m sure this question has probably been answered a thousand times. This was my first time trying to practice getting a boarding group.

I opened the app exactly at 2, had a world clock I was looking at, and within the 10 seconds the app took to load and get me to the Join page it said there were no more groups.

Is this the right strategy or should I be already in the app prior to 2?

Definitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter