READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! Guess I’m trying again tomorrow

Before the closure, I had a lot of success with having the app open, and then watching my phone clock tick down the seconds to the minute (which you could do with your world clock). Five seconds before the minute, I would switch to the MDE app while I counted the seconds in my head, hitting the join button right at the top of the minute.

Our BG 58 wasn’t called until 3:44 today. I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but I found it underwhelming and so did my dd14. I’m guessing with all the hype, we had it bigger and better in our heads than it was. We were more about the thrill of Tower of Terror. It may be because I had never heard of the Pandora ride I didn’t know what to expect there but we thought that was our absolute favorite ride this trip. If my son or my nephew has been with us, all of the Star Wars stuff probably would have been a lot more fun, But my daughter is not really into it much and it was just ok for us. We don’t get to Disney very often but will definitely be back and give it another try. Have fun everyone! And I hope everyone here gets a BG!! Take care. We head home tomorrow.

We felt the same and have only done it after Covid. We are pretty big Star Wars fans. We actually like Falcon better. I am hoping once the covid procedures end that it will have the same original flow and drama that everyone reports. However, we feel FOP is pretty overrated now after having ridden it a lot. The excitement has diminished returns every time. We would prefer to ride Everest. We actually passed on a second immediate ride on FOP in July. The CM looked at us like we were crazy.

I think I figured out what the issue was with notifications. I have an open IT ticket that has not been resolved for years now. The first time one person in our group was added to our trip and locked out of Epcot and then the same issue with MNSSHP (time wasted and fast passes went to unused due to these issues which couldn’t be used as it was 30 minutes to park closing.

IT said I had too much history and needed to clear my account and that’s when this mess up with the system happened (no special notifications). I booked this trip and park reservations several months ago so I was scheduled to be in the park.

I’ve been on the phone with IT for 2 hours each time (3 times) PLUS hours of Epcot and MNSSHP and they walked me through al kinds of system checks- explorer, chrome, incognito, clearing history, my phone (iPhone 7) and app are good (updated). I don’t get Disney visa cardholder offers and can’t add the disney card on the website. Iwas able to add on the MDE but occasionally have to renter it there as well. I do get checkin and dining alerts. Just no special alerts (maybe it comes from a different email or system and they forgot to add my email or have some box unchecked).

so if you have any open IT tickets do not trust the system to notify you of changes. Check the day before you go and same day in case they change anything last minute. The response from guest services (3 different people) has been go to IT and follow up again. They couldn’t care less or how it has impacted my current trip. I didn’t get to ride on Nov 3rd due to this open IT issue which they have no interest in completely resolving. We had ROTR boarding group and I wasn’t trying to get another pass (you can only ride once a day but I was trying to alert them to this issue). I was told go to IT and call them. It doesn’t seem like they believe me. My app is latest. Web history is cleared. Then they tried to blame me for not following up after spending almost 10 hours on this.

Maybe you should create a new account with a different email address. Sorry this has been such a thorn.

We felt the same and have only done it after Covid. We are pretty big Star Wars fans. We actually like Falcon better. I am hoping once the covid procedures end that it will have the same original flow and drama that everyone reports. However, we feel FOP is pretty overrated now after having ridden it a lot. The excitement has diminished returns every time. We would prefer to ride Everest. We actually passed on a second immediate ride on FOP in July. The CM looked at us like we were crazy.

Maybe you should create a new account with a different email address. Sorry this has been such a thorn.

Anyone have a video or screenshots of the current process of getting a boarding group with the "join now" from the homepage?

I'm trying to find one and doing it "spoiler free" is impossible! Every article about the ride has a ton of actual ride photos. I'm squinting at these pages like they are a solar eclipse! Though after two years of diverting my eyes, I've probably already seen the whole thing.
I completely forgot to screenshot the process yesterday, here's today
Screenshot_20201107-065526_Disney World.jpg

I opened the app at 6:55 and stayed there without touching anything. If you're phone goes to sleep either change the time frame for the sleep mode or move the page up and down so the phone doesn't goi to sleep
Screenshot_20201107-070003_Disney World.jpg

At 7am i hitbthe join button from the main page and got the selected people in my party, since i don't have a reservation for today it only selected me, but if anyone in my party had reservations thre would ne pre selected. You hit this second join button without waiting a second, so it's join on main page and join on second
Screenshot_20201107-070010_Disney World.jpg
Because i wasted seconds grabbing these screenshots i got this message
Screenshot_20201107-070015_Disney World.jpg
If i would've not stopped to screenshot it would say that my party wasn't in the park because i don't have a reservation . If you're practicing at home and get the "your party is not here" message that means that If you had reservations you would've gotten a bg

I updated to the latest and greatest version of the app to make sure I was ready to go this morning, and got nothing but a spinning wheel of death when it tries to find my Family & Friends list... anyone else seen this? Will definitely be stopping at guest services to complain, if everything needs to be done via the app now, they need to make sure the app actually works. I’ve also been having this same issue checking in for dining reservations, too.

Our one & only day and I missed it.:headache: My DH had the atomic clock going and I was ready. I actually turned the Disney guest Wi-Fi on and walked around our room looking for the best signal. I only had 1 bar with it off. Anyway, I was so nervous I was shaking and I missed it. I did experience a slight lag in the screens changing. I'm so upset. I really despise this system.

I updated to the latest and greatest version of the app to make sure I was ready to go this morning, and got nothing but a spinning wheel of death when it tries to find my Family & Friends list... anyone else seen this? Will definitely be stopping at guest services to complain, if everything needs to be done via the app now, they need to make sure the app actually works. I’ve also been having this same issue checking in for dining reservations, too.
I'm so sorry you had trouble this morning.

I haven't seen what you have on the Rise part of the app, but had trouble pulling up photos and something else yesterday (may have been dining or mobile order) and it was just spinning. I cleared MDE's cache and rebooted my phone. That helped.

I got BG 13 for my husband and I this morning. Today was our only day at Hollywood Studios so we are super relieved and excited. I cleared all running/sleeping apps at about 6:45. Clicked the Disney app at about 6:48. Stayed on home page. Watched the seconds on my time.gov on my kindle and clicked on the JOIN button right when it changed to 7 am. Maybe a split second before. Had a 2nd Join on the next page immediately. I noticed we were both checked off as I quickly clicked through the screens. I was on data. 🙂

So sorry to all who has trouble. I hope the 2 pm drop works for you!

Also hubby was up early and headed down to the Skyliner at about 6:40 am. He was first in line. Next person came just before 7 am. He used the refresh method on the 2nd RoTR screen and would have also gotten through. He noticed I wasn't checked on his so he checked me off, it refreshed, then an error because I had gotten one. He was on data. We did a speed test and our phones are much faster on data than the wifi at Pop.

We were able to secure BG 14 this AM from CBR. Our group was not pre-selected in the friends and family list for some reason. My brother was actually the one that got it. His android beat me and my iPhone, both of us were using our data (Verizon) and not connected to wifi. Relieved we didn’t get any errors as this is our only HS day!

I got BG 13 for my husband and I this morning. Today was our only day at Hollywood Studios so we are super relieved and excited. I cleared all running/sleeping apps at about 6:45. Clicked the Disney app at about 6:48. Stayed on home page. Watched the seconds on my time.gov on my kindle and clicked on the JOIN button right when it changed to 7 am. Maybe a split second before. Had a 2nd Join on the next page immediately. I noticed we were both checked off as I quickly clicked through the screens. I was on data. 🙂

So sorry to all who has trouble. I hope the 2 pm drop works for you!

Also hubby was up early and headed down to the Skyliner at about 6:40 am. He was first in line. Next person came just before 7 am. He used the refresh method on the 2nd RoTR screen and would have also gotten through. He noticed I wasn't checked on his so he checked me off, it refreshed, then an error because I had gotten one. He was on data. We did a speed test and our phones are much faster on data than the wifi at Pop.
Data has always proven better than wifi for this process and has been tipped countless times here. Glad you got in, enjoy your day

I have been following this thread for a few days & want to say THANK YOU to everyone for all the tips. We’re going next month and hope to get a boarding group.

I have a question. I saw somewhere to have several people in your group try all at once to get a boarding group, then I read only have one person try. Which is better? My daughter and I have separate MDE accounts and we’re a group of 5 going that are all linked and our park reservations were made for 5 people.

Thanks!!

Data has always proven better than wifi for this process and has been tipped countless times here. Glad you got in, enjoy your day
I really wish they would strengthen the wifi at Disney. Many international guests have no choice but to use Disney wifi while we’re there so depend on their wifi for everything. I haven’t been since everything reopened due to border being closed but using Disney wifi in the past was an exercise of patience at best!!

Forgive me as I’m sure this question has probably been answered a thousand times. This was my first time trying to practice getting a boarding group.

I opened the app exactly at 2, had a world clock I was looking at, and within the 10 seconds the app took to load and get me to the Join page it said there were no more groups.

Is this the right strategy or should I be already in the app prior to 2?

passes are gone in 2 seconds or less. My husband had his fingers right near the join button ready to click (Samsung phone, phone lying on the dining table (Kidani village) he was o wifi and that’s how we got in. The least stressed out person is more likely to get the pass without shaky hands (not me).

It took IT 2-3 hours (each call) and several days to do the account change. It messed things up further for me.

wifi, especially at AKL resort is awful. Turn wifi off, close all apps, open MDE maybe 2 minutes before the time, as soon as the time turns to 2pm (you have to be tapped into the park for the 2pm drop) or 7am, hit the join button on the main page followed quickly by the join button on the next page, the whole process should be less than 2 seconds
The app now pre selects (checks) people who have a park reservation so you don't have to check if your party is selected or not, just hit join and join as quickly as possible

I think it’s the type of phone+wifi. I couldn’t get a pass using AT&T on iPhone 7 with all data cleared, apps closed, auto lock set to 5 minutes (it’s under Display & Brightness). ROTR guest relations tried to tell me maybe my phone was not the latest XR . Samsung+wifi at Kidani (clicking to the third join button in less than 2 second) worked.

That said if you screenshot it (maybe with the watch next to it) and it’s your last or only day, go to the ROTR ride and guest service person near the ride entrance. They are the only people who can do something about it; We didn’t know about that the first day. We had a second day booked so when I had first complained they couldn’t care less so don’t waste your time.

Last edited:
I think it’s the type of phone+wifi. I couldn’t get a pass using AT&T on iPhone 7 with all data cleared, apps closed, auto lock set to 5 minutes (it’s under Display & Brightness). ROTR guest relations tried to tell me maybe my phone was not the latest XR . Samsung+wifi at Kidani (clicking to the third join button in less than 2 second) worked.

That said if you screenshot it (maybe with the watch next to it) and it’s your last or only day, go to the ROTR ride and guest service person near the ride entrance. They are the only people who can do something about it; We didn’t know about that the first day. We had a second day booked so when I had first complained they couldn’t care less so don’t waste your time.
Just to let everyone know the cast at rise can't do anything, sometimes GET (blue shirts) or guest relations are able to help but not guaranteed

If ROTR doesn’t break down during the day, are roughly the same number of boarding group distributed between the 7am and 2pm chances? Or is one time much easier to get a boarding group than the other? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter