READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In know off topic, but any idea how to get from Riverside to Beach Club for an 8am character breakfast next Saturday? I can;t see a way, but there has to be a way for guests to get to/from the Beach Club - right? we have our own car.
I would drive. Resort to resort is a pain using Disney transportation. Or use Uber/Lyft. Should be under $10. Worth it in terms of aggravation factor.

Last edited:
I’m not there. Just a guy on his recliner refreshing the Disney app 🤣 I can how my phrasing may have led you to believe otherwise though 😂

(I meant the global “we” as in our community of BG stalkers here)
My family was asking me for estimates of when they would be called and I had no idea so I thought I would post a time estimate for others to find. I should have stalked earlier but time got away from me.

Last edited:
I know the mods have referenced some of josh's advice before so I'm hoping this is OK to post. He just posted an excellent summary of the process along with pictures on where the GET umbrellas are, advice on the app, touring tips and other advice. It is a nice handy reference all in one place in addition to his prior posts. .

He also lays out why it may be better for many people to get to the park 30 minutes before open and start touring somewhere other then MFSR and SDD, either using FPP for SDD or even riding standby right before closing. He contrasts the early arrival to FoP and the AK early entry process as well for a comparison. I found it helpful to have everything in one place and especially nice for anyone who is just starting to plan. Lots of good stuff in one place.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/a...nd-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-strategy/

yeah that was a surprise when I read it, I knew today would be nuts but that's crazy fast. I think the attraction might be having bad tech nights where they know it won't perform well during the day and they are limiting the number of people per bg
It was ridiculously packed today. Shoulder to shoulder people from the entrance of GE to the end of Hollywood Blvd at 6:50am...and that didn’t even include the people who went down Sunset Blvd or to other portions of the park to wait for the opening of the VQ. We only came today b/c this was the first day of our Gold Pass. We leave on Sunday along with lots of other annual passholders who live out of town, I’m sure.

I know the mods have referenced some of josh's advice before so I'm hoping this is OK to post. He just posted an excellent summary of the process along with pictures on where the GET umbrellas are, advice on the app, touring tips and other advice. It is a nice handy reference all in one place in addition to his prior posts. .

He also lays out why it may be better for many people to get to the park 30 minutes before open and start touring somewhere other then MFSR and SDD, either using FPP for SDD or even riding standby right before closing. He contrasts the early arrival to FoP and the AK early entry process as well for a comparison. I found it helpful to have everything in one place and especially nice for anyone who is just starting to plan. Lots of good stuff in one place.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/a...nd-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-strategy/
are there ride spoilers in this? I don't want to watch it if there are!

And I am getting so scared of DLR opening weekend (which is also MLK weekend)!! We are going on the second day of operations there, and I expect full on chaos and madness. I just hope we get a BG...

I perused it an hour or so ago and I don’t think he even addressed the ride itself. Primarily he’s talking about Rope Dropping MF:SR or SDD 😊

This may be an unpopular opinion, but you shouldn’t be allowed to get a BG more than twice in a 10-day span. If BGs are gone at 5 minutes after opening, then the folks riding it 3 or 4+ days in a week are taking a space away from someone who wants to ride it bad enough to be there before rope drop. That isn’t right. I was behind a group of guys today that had obviously ridden it multiple times and were even spoiling it by talking about what was about to happen next. It seems that for some folks it’s more about the thrill of getting a BG than experiencing the ride.

Last edited:
We also went the second week of December and there were cast members present as you described. Today we didn’t see any in the blue shirts at all.
I found them, all clumped together at an umbrella where they said we all had to get into a long single-file line more than 50 deep by the time I got to it, before 7am. I was approaching just to say hi to the CM who helped add my DH and DS to the BG181 with the rest of us. A different CM jumped in front and told me where to go.
Sorry, folks, the jig is up. I had no sense that people were clueless about the process, at least the basic how-to. Everyone is arriving early by the thousands because we now have the stress of knowing you *have* to be inside at opening or else you don't get to enter the lottery. I found it all super stressful, more so today knowing how it feels to get a backup group that does not get called. There are 13 more groups before our 83 gets called, and I'm still nervous we won't ride.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but you shouldn’t be allowed to get a BG more than twice in a 10-day span. If BGs are gone at 5 minutes after opening, then the folks riding it 3 or 4+ days in a week are taking a space away from someone who wants to ride it bad enough to be there before rope drop. That isn’t right. I was behind a group of guys today that had obviously ridden it before and we’re even spoiling it by talking about what was about to happen next. It seems that for some folks it’s more about the thrill of getting a BG than experiencing the ride.
I’m somebody who feels that everybody is entitled to any opinion they want to hold - so I get that you feel this way and I respect that.

Personally this would be taking it to an extreme in my mind. I am fully on board with Disney’s 1 BG per day but anything beyond that would be an overreach in my opinion. If somebody wants to devote their whole trip to waking up early each day to ride RotR then who am I or Disney to stop them. They have paid for that right.

I just looked and there are a couple of photos there that you may not've seen. The info on this thread is good, although you have to do a little reading around, but you might not want to see those pix.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but you shouldn’t be allowed to get a BG more than twice in a 10-day span. If BGs are gone at 5 minutes after opening, then the folks riding it 3 or 4+ days in a week are taking a space away from someone who wants to ride it bad enough to be there before rope drop. That isn’t right. I was behind a group of guys today that had obviously ridden it before and we’re even spoiling it by talking about what was about to happen next. It seems that for some folks it’s more about the thrill of getting a BG than experiencing the ride.

I can get behind that, only because they’ve decided to limit them to one per day (even though in the last few days it would be impossible to get a 2nd anyways).

Honestly I don’t see much difference with rationing it to once per day or once per longer time period.

Yep, but it happens with basically every, new, hot attraction.
Back when the Elsa M&G was THE thing everybody wanted, some family’s were booking multiple days of that M&G in the same trip.

Speaking as someone who rode twice (Dec 13 and 14), I'd like to say that it wasn't at all about the thrill of getting a BG. It was about doing the ride as much as I could before I left WDW. Also, I was very careful and didn't talk about the experience at all to anyone else waiting. It's much much better to not know and I myself avoided spoilers, so I respect that others do as well.

Nothing about the ride at all. Just the touring strategy and BG process.
Based on the other response I went back and rechecked. There is one picture from inside that might be considered spoilerish. Other than that I think there is a picture of the outside of the building.

We got up and got to the park by 4:30. Security opened for us quickly and then we waited to be released to the turnstiles. We waited a little while and finally was released to turnstiles where the wait of no return - or at least felt that way. They did allow us to tap in around 6:15 to head down Hollywood studios. We were then released to walk almost to the Backlot Express. 7 finally rolled around, husband and I both tried getting a boarding group. He was successful finally and we got boarding group 105. Seems like it’s had some downtime today and we are still currently waiting. We were able to get in Millenium Falcon at about a 20 minute walk. Hoping for the best!

Thanks for this. I think this may have sealed it for me. My family already isn't pleased with getting up super early on DHS day. We have SDD fastpasses, so once the rope drops, we'll just casually walk to AS2 and TSM, hopefully with a BG in hand. MFSR is a must for me, but I'll just have to be patient and ride it later in the day.

Based on the other response I went back and rechecked. There is one picture from inside that might be considered spoilerish. Other than that I think there is a picture of the outside of the building.
And I feel like that’s a picture that was on the Disney world website header at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter