READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got BG4! Of course, I have been practicing for weeks and gotten really good, but my 12-year old daughter tried for the first time this morning and she was the successful one. Who cares, we’re going! Thanks for all the tips here.

Congrats and whooo hoooo for raising fast fingered kids! We are boarding group 18 today so right behind you :). Can’t wait for a great day at the studios!

Got BG 4 in real life after months of practice! We had five phones trying and one phone on time.gov. My brother was the one to nab it with his Samsung, which ended up much faster than my iPhone 12. My app was just finishing “checking friends and family” when he yelled “got it!” That was depressing—that my phone was dragging—but good we had diversity of processing systems!

Got BG4! Of course, I have been practicing for weeks and gotten really good, but my 12-year old daughter tried for the first time this morning and she was the successful one. Who cares, we’re going! Thanks for all the tips here.
We are in your BG!! I also had been practicing for a long time and my brother got them with one “click Join Join button on the bottom” tutorial. 🤷‍♀️

Got BG 4 in real life after months of practice! We had five phones trying and one phone on time.gov. My brother was the one to nab it with his Samsung, which ended up much faster than my iPhone 12. My app was just finishing “checking friends and family” when he yelled “got it!” That was depressing—that my phone was dragging—but good we had diversity of processing systems!

Glad you got it! Was your brother on WiFi or cell data? What about your phone?

How successful have people been in getting a boarding pass at 1 pm if they were unsuccessful at 7 am? Also, is the time within which you have to select a bg more than just a few seconds? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked already

How successful have people been in getting a boarding pass at 1 pm if they were unsuccessful at 7 am? Also, is the time within which you have to select a bg more than just a few seconds? Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked already
I have an alarm set to go off each day at 12:59pm. I'm successful about 98% of the time. Many people successfully get BGs at 1:00.

So my wife and daughter are driving down for several days. I’m using miles to fly down for one night to drive them back home, and give me an excuse to go. On the day I fly down my flight arrives about 9:30am. I’m thinking of getting a ticket for HS that day and trying for a boarding pass before my flight leaves.
- what are my chances?
- if I somehow snag an early pass but don’t get to the park until around 11, what happens?
- haven’t been to Galaxy’s Edge yet-is this all worth it?

TIA!

So my wife and daughter are driving down for several days. I’m using miles to fly down for one night to drive them back home, and give me an excuse to go. On the day I fly down my flight arrives about 9:30am. I’m thinking of getting a ticket for HS that day and trying for a boarding pass before my flight leaves.
- what are my chances?
- if I somehow snag an early pass but don’t get to the park until around 11, what happens?

TIA!
Totally worth it to go. Even non Star Wars fans appreciate the ride. If you get an early BG, just go straight to the ride when you get there and explain your situation. Most OF the time you’ll be allowed in.

I know a few others have asked being in a similar situation but I don’t know how many have followed up to say if they were successful at getting a BG from their home airport and if they were able to ride once in the park.

I had a successful practice join at 1:00pm today. My Samsung with Android 10 was using home wifi. (Once I am actually at my lodging, I suppose I'll need to compare its wifi with my Tracfone data to see which is better.) My method is to follow time.gov up to 12:59:59 and then join-join-join from the AT-AT screen. One thing I've neglected is to attempt to 'align' the first join screen so that the Join button is always in roughly the same place throughout. That seems a bit much but maybe I should try to set that up next time.

Great thread! I need to start practicing. What’s the best YouTube video to watch as a tutorial step by step in the app? Thanks!

I have an alarm set to go off each day at 12:59pm. I'm successful about 98% of the time. Many people successfully get BGs at 1:00.
Thank you and thank you all!

tried for the first time this am and got boarding group 44!!! We don’t even need to try at 12:59.

looks like it may interfere with lunch reservations as scheduled currently , but we will figure it out...

I had a successful practice join at 1:00pm today. My Samsung with Android 10 was using home wifi. (Once I am actually at my lodging, I suppose I'll need to compare its wifi with my Tracfone data to see which is better.) My method is to follow time.gov up to 12:59:59 and then join-join-join from the AT-AT screen. One thing I've neglected is to attempt to 'align' the first join screen so that the Join button is always in roughly the same place throughout. That seems a bit much but maybe I should try to set that up next time.

What is the AT-AT screen?

People are referring to this picture of the AT AT on the first page of the MyDisneyExpetience app.

Click the ‘Join’ button from here 3 times, as fast as possible at 7AM and 1PM, not taking time to read or check anything.

View attachment 562705

Thank you, scrapp!

So to clarify-

a) I can leave the other 3 members of my party unchecked and just pound on "Join" and

b) jumping in from the AT-AT screen is the more reliable method than going one page forward and pulling down to refresh and

c) all 4 of us in our party can sign in to the MDE app using only my userid and password to increase our chances.

That's what I've gleaned from this thread.....am I right?

- what are my chances?

TIA!

From what I understand you can't get a BG if you're not somwhere in Florida (whatever Disney has decided is a reasonable distance to travel in a few hours)
so I'm not sure you can grab one in the morning before your flight takes off. Unless it's from somewhere close by

From what I understand you can't get a BG if you're not somwhere in Florida (whatever Disney has decided is a reasonable distance to travel in a few hours)
so I'm not sure you can grab one in the morning before your flight takes off. Unless it's from somewhere close by
No. I got a boarding group from Colorado last week for my parents who were in Florida.

No. I got a boarding group from Colorado last week for my parents who were in Florida.
Wow that's crazy. So say they weren't in Florida, could you have still done it? Is that why they're so hard to get because people can get them with no intention of using them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter