READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to clarify-

a) I can leave the other 3 members of my party unchecked and just pound on "Join" and
Yes for testing don't waste the seconds since on your DHS day anyone with a DHS Park Pass will be pre-selected.
b) jumping in from the AT-AT screen is the more reliable method than going one page forward and pulling down to refresh and
Again there is no AT-AT screen that is just a location on the "Home" screen. No it is not more reliable than the "My Queues" screen and again there is no need to do a "pull-down" refresh it just wastes network bandwidth and resources on the MDE servers.
c) all 4 of us in our party can sign in to the MDE app using only my userid and password to increase our chances.
Yes and one person will get the BG screen and the rest of you will fail. That's where you can do the "pull-down" refresh to see your new BG.

Dave

Thank you, scrapp!

So to clarify-

a) I can leave the other 3 members of my party unchecked and just pound on "Join" and

b) jumping in from the AT-AT screen is the more reliable method than going one page forward and pulling down to refresh and

c) all 4 of us in our party can sign in to the MDE app using only my userid and password to increase our chances.

That's what I've gleaned from this thread.....am I right?
a) Yes
b) I find this most reliable. I have tried others and always come back to the picture of the AT ATs on the home page of the MDE app
c) Yes

From what I understand you can't get a BG if you're not somwhere in Florida (whatever Disney has decided is a reasonable distance to travel in a few hours)
so I'm not sure you can grab one in the morning before your flight takes off. Unless it's from somewhere close by
This is NOT correct. If you have a park pass secured for the day, you can get a BG from anywhere in the world, including mid-flight as some who have had in-flight wifi have reported!

Wow that's crazy. So say they weren't in Florida, could you have still done it? Is that why they're so hard to get because people can get them with no intention of using them?
People who are practicing getting a BG without a reservation for the day are not taking away reservations from those who are in the parks.

Those who do not have a reservation will get only so far and see a message something like, 'Is everyone in the park?' This message means they would have been successful should they have had a reservation but without a reservation it won't take them any further.

The only people who are successfully getting BGs (unless there is the rare system glitch) are those with a DHS park reservation that day.

Yes for testing don't waste the seconds since on your DHS day anyone with a DHS Park Pass will be pre-selected.

When I did my first test this morning at 6:59:59 and got to the screen with all the members of my family, the only one selected (checkbox bullet) was me. The other 3 members of my family were unselected (no checkbox bullet).

So when you say "pre-selected" are you saying the app should have automatically ticked those boxes for me *or* are you saying that even if I leave them unchecked the app will automatically assume I want the other 3 to join me and give all 4 of us the BG?

When I did my first test this morning at 6:59:59 and got to the screen with all the members of my family, the only one selected (checkbox bullet) was me. The other 3 members of my family were unselected (no checkbox bullet).

So when you say "pre-selected" are you saying the app should have automatically ticked those boxes for me *or* are you saying that even if I leave them unchecked the app will automatically assume I want the other 3 to join me and give all 4 of us the BG?

They boxes will automatically have a check mark in them for everyone with park pass reservations/in the park.

If you discover an error after you have secured a BG Disney can help fix it, but without the BG to present them you will be out of luck.

Last edited:
Thank you for asking such great questions boltjames! We just planned last minute to go in July and I'm trying to research just like you!! Every time I have another question you post the same question. lol

The reason the other 3 members of your party were unselected is because they didn't have DHS park passes for today. When people practice, only the individual who is signed in will be selected. It's only on the actual day, when MDE can recognize that certain people in your F&F list have tickets and park passes for DHS that day, that MDE will automatically select those people in addition to you.

Wow this seems crazy even with the reduced capacity. I’ll be there in May. So it looks like I get there before 7. Have everyone and their passes loaded up on my app and then try and get a spot?

can my kids have their app and tickets on their phone as well or will it mess the ordering up?

Wow this seems crazy even with the reduced capacity. I’ll be there in May. So it looks like I get there before 7. Have everyone and their passes loaded up on my app and then try and get a spot?

can my kids have their app and tickets on their phone as well or will it mess the ordering up?
You don’t have to be in the park at 7. You can get a boarding group from anywhere. You just need a ticket and a park pass reservation.

yes, your kids can have their things on their phone as long as you’re all connected in the app.

There is no reason to actually use the pull-down refresh. Just navigate to the My Queues screen and wait for -5 seconds before counting down BG time at 7 or 1 and hit Giant "Join Virtual Queue" button. Try it you will like it or not.

The pull-down refresh method generates unnecessary network traffic between your device and the MDE Servers which slows the process for all guests attempting to get a BG.

Dave
I practiced from the Join Virtual Queue page today and it was the first time I've seen the blue Join button immediately on the second page!

I'd been trying from At At at 1pm on my phone and still had to refresh, which is why I opted to just start on that second screen and do refresh. But not today, blue join was right there and it was definitely smoother and quicker! Thanks!

I practiced from the Join Virtual Queue page today and it was the first time I've seen the blue Join button immediately on the second page!

I'd been trying from At At at 1pm on my phone and still had to refresh, which is why I opted to just start on that second screen and do refresh. But not today, blue join was right there and it was definitely smoother and quicker! Thanks!
That's odd that AT-AT doesn't bring the blue Join button for you on second screen. For me, both methods work on Android. In fact, I am torn between the two because the Join Virtual Queue works just as well for me. I can always get it show the blue Join button, even when the second screen has 'Loading.. ' on top that gives impression of it not being fully loaded yet.

Last edited:
Last week I practiced at home and I did the world clock on my phone then tried to jump to the MDE app and join. I didn’t get it. Today I set up a world clock on my iPad and clicked practiced from the Join Virtual Queue page and I think I would have gotten in bc it asked me about not being in the parks.

I have really good wifi at home though so I’m nervous to try when we get there. We have iPhone 12s and xfinity (which I believe is Verizon network) which I read isn’t very good, is that right? Not sure how the Swan network will be. I can’t believe I am going to bring the iPad just to set up a clock. Lol

I’m glad I practiced though because I understand now how exact you have to be with the time. I hope they don’t do this with other rides bc this is too stressful.

I’m at the parks with a park reservation for HS today. Set with phone in hand on the “my queues” page. At 7:00 am I hit the blue button. Took time to uncheck the two of three us that where not riding. Hit JOIN and got a red pop up saying all queues where full. In just a few seconds they were gone. The join buttons were still active for a few minutes so I kept trying but always got the same red pop up message until the join buttons disappeared and all hope was gone. But, there is another........at 1:00 pm

I’m at the parks with a park reservation for HS today. Set with phone in hand on the “my queues” page. At 7:00 am I hit the blue button. Took time to uncheck the two of three us that where not riding. Hit JOIN and got a red pop up saying all queues where full. In just a few seconds they were gone. The join buttons were still active for a few minutes so I kept trying but always got the same red pop up message until the join buttons disappeared and all hope was gone. But, there is another........at 1:00 pm

It was the unchecking that messed it up. In November, I took the 2 seconds or so to make sure everyone was checked and got shut out. In the future, you can always cancel one person’s BG reservation AFTER he/she gets it. At 1pm, click like crazy, and don’t pause to check or select/unselect anything.

a) Yes
b) I find this most reliable. I have tried others and always come back to the picture of the AT ATs on the home page of the MDE app
c) Yes

This is NOT correct. If you have a park pass secured for the day, you can get a BG from anywhere in the world, including mid-flight as some who have had in-flight wifi have reported!

People who are practicing getting a BG without a reservation for the day are not taking away reservations from those who are in the parks.

Those who do not have a reservation will get only so far and see a message something like, 'Is everyone in the park?' This message means they would have been successful should they have had a reservation but without a reservation it won't take them any further.

The only people who are successfully getting BGs (unless there is the rare system glitch) are those with a DHS park reservation that day.

I have a question about only being able to get a BG if you have DHS reservations that day....from what I understand you can park hop after 2 if you second park is not at capacity, correct?

What if you are planning to hop to DHS - is there no way to try for a BG at 1pm then for later in the day when you are at DHS?

You don’t have to be in the park at 7. You can get a boarding group from anywhere. You just need a ticket and a park pass reservation.

yes, your kids can have their things on their phone as long as you’re all connected in the app.

ok sorry is this seems like a dumb question but a ticket is to get in and a park pass reservation is for a specific day? I assume when I buy my tickets next week I will pick the days for each park?
Thanks

I have a question about only being able to get a BG if you have DHS reservations that day....from what I understand you can park hop after 2 if you second park is not at capacity, correct?

What if you are planning to hop to DHS - is there no way to try for a BG at 1pm then for later in the day when you are at DHS?
You can only try for the 1pm BG if you have a DHS reservation for the day and have actually tapped into DHS before 1pm. You don't have to still be in DHS, but you have to have entered at some point before 1pm.

ok sorry is this seems like a dumb question but a ticket is to get in and a park pass reservation is for a specific day? I assume when I buy my tickets next week I will pick the days for each park?
Thanks
Yes you need both. You don't have to book the park reservations immediately, but you do need one to enter a park. Be sure to check the availability calendar before you purchase tickets.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter