READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the BF have a MDE account? Can't you just use his? Add your daughter to his friends and family.

No, he does not have an account. This is his very first trip there so he is clueless in all things Disney. He’s there to find out why my DD and her family are so obsessed.

But the mde account is my husband’s and he won’t be in dhs that day. Doesn’t the system automatically select him and I have to “unselect” him?
Correct. The MDE account-owner is automatically selected by default. You will see your DH’s profile at the top of his Family & Friends list and you will need to deselect him if he is not entering HS that day.

No, he does not have an account. This is his very first trip there so he is clueless in all things Disney. He’s there to find out why my DD and her family are so obsessed.
if you start creating new MDE accounts and adding people that might mess things up. Your best bet is to use whatever account is open now with everyone wanting to ride and use that

I know people expected less crowds today as people are leaving this weekend but I don't think people will really be 'gone' until tonight. Tomorrow, Monday morning, should really be 'less crowded'. I have been at Disney before in this time frame (Sun eve Mon Tues post NYE week and pre marathon weekend) and it is really empty. If BGs go in the first 60 seconds tomorrow morning I think that's how it's going to be going forward.

(empty for Disney pirate: )
I'll be there tomorrow in the afternoon (arrival day, not our RotR day). Fingers are definitely crossed for a mass exodus. :lmao:

Here’s what I’m worried about for our day which is Tuesday: we have a total of 6 people on my husband’s mde account. Only 2 of those people will be at DHS and trying for a BG. On top of that, my DH will not be there and riding. From the playing around on the app I’ve done, it looks like after we hit “join boarding group” we will have to unselect my DH and then go down the list and find the names of the two other people to select. I’m worried that all this selecting and unselecting is going to be pretty slow. Is the process faster and easier for mde groups where everyone is riding...like a select all button? At a minimum, I wish the app didn’t select my DH automatically because that’s one more step to remove him.

I have a feeling I’m going to like this process as much as I like trying to get a good boarding position on my Southwest Airlines flights at the 24 hour mark.
Funny, I described the process as "it's just like getting a boarding group on Southwest" to my husband yesterday. I'm not a fan, but my son and husband are, so we will see :)

So if we are lucky enough to get a boarding group on Friday morning, what will happen next? I've read that you get a notification when your group is called, but I've also read here that some people never received one. So keep checking the app? And they board in chunks of groups, right? Right now it says Now Boarding group 27-51. But those groups all get called and can go anytime in that two hour window? Is there a way to know when that window started and ends (trying to figure out because we have Savi's reservations and Ogas)? So if I don't actually check the app every five minutes, but then I check and my group (🙏) gets called, I could know how long I have to get there?

So if we are lucky enough to get a boarding group on Friday morning, what will happen next? I've read that you get a notification when your group is called, but I've also read here that some people never received one. So keep checking the app? And they board in chunks of groups, right? Right now it says Now Boarding group 27-51. But those groups all get called and can go anytime in that two hour window? Is there a way to know when that window started and ends (trying to figure out because we have Savi's reservations and Ogas)? So if I don't actually check the app every five minutes, but then I check and my group (🙏) gets called, I could know how long I have to get there?
First go on the app now and under my profile go to account settings and make sure you have the push notification on. You should receive a push notification when your BG is called
Once your BG number is called you have 2 hours to return to the ride
There's no way of knowing the exact time a group is called unless you get notified.

First go on the app now and under my profile go to account settings and make sure you have the push notification on. You should receive a push notification when your BG is called
Once your BG number is called you have 2 hours to return to the ride
There's no way of knowing the exact time a group is called unless you get notified.
Ack! Thank you! Do you have a sense if notifications are generally happening?

When your group is 'called' and you open the app, you'll see this screen below which shows your 'return by' time. In my case it was 8:22pm, which means my BG was 'called' at 6:22pm.

We just glanced at the app every once in awhile during the day to see how the BG numbers were progressing, and triangulated our plans as the BG number started to get closer to our # (we had long left DHS by that point).

I personally wouldn't stress over getting the push notification or not, just keep an eye on the app on occasion.

Maybe I'm being really dense...but how did you do this?

I’m also interested in @pseudoswede ’s response.

How did you do this? We have a group of 6 so this would be very beneficial for us

@tink fan is absolutely correct...

In response to the question about the ability to check on MDE if you are tapped in, couldn’t you check your ticket? I imagine it would show one less day remaining on your ticket if you tapped in correctly. Obviously it wouldn’t work for pass holders.

We bought a 2-day ticket on the website using my Disney account. I then added details of my family members. When I downloaded the app, all four of us were listed in the Tickets section with "2 days remaining" under each of our names. After scanning the e-mail bar code at MK, the CM gave each of us cards and registered our fingerprints. The app then said "1 day remaining" under all of our names. After tapping in at HS, the app immediately said "0 days remaining". That is my "scientific" understanding that we were all checked into HS and ready to get a boarding group as a group.

Ack! Thank you! Do you have a sense if notifications are generally happening?

I never got a push notification that my boarding group was ready to join. I did get many other annoying MDE push notifications, though.

The boarding group numbers that need to report to RotR are plastered all over the park, and I was definitely on the app constantly checking waiting times and food options.

2 weeks today we will be in HS - and fingers crossed waiting for our BG to be called
(not going to mention that I may be in my pjs and hopefully filled with coffee as I'm not a morning person! ☺ )

Surprised Disney hasn't started selling Batuu'ian PJ's that you can wear to the park and fit it with the citizens of Batuu that also aren't morning people

thank you! I wonder if there’s a way for those of us with one day passes to know. 🧐
Link everyone in your group to one MDE account, log into the app with that account, and it should list everyone in the Ticket section with "1 day remaining" under each name. After you tap through at HS, it should change to 0 for everyone. If not, find a GET CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter