READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our accounts are linked (family/friends) as is our ADR's and FP's. But he just has his own login. My other two daughter's have accounts managed by me. But DD12 has a phone with the MDE app installed. I was planning on her and I both using my log-in to try for a group. But if DH is trying using his log-in he would be in a separate group? Just trying to think of all the "what-if" scenarios.

If that's the case, I'll just have all three of us using my log-in. Maybe a few of us doing wifi, and some using data (Verizon).

Does someone in the know have a more definitive answer to this? If her DH uses his own account, but adds them all to a BG (they are all friends/family), then either account should be able to get a BG for all of them, whichever account gets there first, right?

Q on obtaining boarding passes (and sorry in advance if this was answered, but going through all 156 pages is... a lot).

If I'm in a party of two trying to get a BP, is it constructive for both people to get on their phones and try to get a BP when it opens (with MDE account synced) or should one person be the designated BP grabber? I'm imagining there must be glitches where each person in the group tries getting a BP at the same time the app kicks someone off because it shows the BP are already in process of being assigned (assuming there is some loading time once you hit "get boarding pass.").

Q on obtaining boarding passes (and sorry in advance if this was answered, but going through all 156 pages is... a lot).

If I'm in a party of two trying to get a BP, is it constructive for both people to get on their phones and try to get a BP when it opens (with MDE account synced) or should one person be the designated BP grabber? I'm imagining there must be glitches where each person in the group tries getting a BP at the same time the app kicks someone off because it shows the BP are already in process of being assigned (assuming there is some loading time once you hit "get boarding pass.").
No glitches, the more people trying to help the better, some are even asking family back home to help them join a bg

Does someone in the know have a more definitive answer to this? If her DH uses his own account, but adds them all to a BG (they are all friends/family), then either account should be able to get a BG for all of them, whichever account gets there first, right?

I think you are right. Just like FP booking...choose who is with you and keep on moving. I am going in February with my daughter and niece who both have their own MDE accounts. We will all three be trying on our own accounts. They will probably beat me because I have FAR more friends and family on my account than they do.

Yes, which ever gets the boarding group first will get it for all of them. That's what hubby and I did. We were both logged in, but I got the boarding group first. As soon as I did, it showed on his phone.

“No glitches, the more people trying to help the better, some are even asking family back home to help them join a bg”

This is a dumb question but...how does someone at home help? I thought everyone needed to be scanned into the park?

Our accounts are linked (family/friends) as is our ADR's and FP's. But he just has his own login. My other two daughter's have accounts managed by me. But DD12 has a phone with the MDE app installed. I was planning on her and I both using my log-in to try for a group. But if DH is trying using his log-in he would be in a separate group? Just trying to think of all the "what-if" scenarios.

If that's the case, I'll just have all three of us using my log-in. Maybe a few of us doing wifi, and some using data (Verizon).
Everyone should login under the same MDE account and password or you could end up not all being in the same boarding group.

Can't thank everyone on here for all the great insight. Planning our trip (a few months to go) So I"m very hopeful that demand will die down (wishful thinking) But the thing that really puzzles me is why on the planet earth would any AP/DVC owner exercise their right to visit during this crazy time. Honestly, our plans have 2 HS days planned. and we decided that if the star(wars) align and we get to ride ROTR fabulous, if not, it's on the plans for the next trip. (that's what happened with FOP) All the advice has been right-on! Thanks for all the helpful updates!

That is the part that is still stressing me out about our upcoming trip. When it seemed like it was pretty consistent that you had 20-30 minutes I felt better but now that it seems like 5-10 will be the norm (maybe? possibly?), that puts back into play that you have tech issues and they don't get resolved before all the primary BGs are gone
There’s always a chance of app wonkiness but honestly I think most of that has been limited. Just pray for ride uptime and be in the park for official/VQ open.

I will remain consistent in my assessment that I believe all BGs have an equal number of people. 🤣 I just can’t believe it’s any more complex than that personally.

Also there are on the ground reports of the line spilling out of the entrance and being quoted long wait times by CMs at the end of the night. This is very different from our daytime friends who regularly are on and off within an hour or less.
I think it is possible back up BGs have more guests to account for lower appearance rates... but who knows.

It will be moot anyway once Disney is ready to leverage the power of the force to sell more hotel rooms/DVC points (via FP+).

Is there any theory as to why the boarding groups are filling up so quickly the last few days? Are the crowds bigger at rope drop now than they were on days when the boarding groups were open a lot longer? We will be there next week and I was hoping that boarding groups would be open for more than five minutes. :eek:

Is there any theory as to why the boarding groups are filling up so quickly the last few days? Are the crowds bigger at rope drop now than they were on days when the boarding groups were open a lot longer? We will be there next week and I was hoping that boarding groups would be open for more than five minutes. :eek:
Some of us look at 5 and 15 minutes as an improvement over 90 seconds 🤣

Can't thank everyone on here for all the great insight. Planning our trip (a few months to go) So I"m very hopeful that demand will die down (wishful thinking) But the thing that really puzzles me is why on the planet earth would any AP/DVC owner exercise their right to visit during this crazy time. Honestly, our plans have 2 HS days planned. and we decided that if the star(wars) align and we get to ride ROTR fabulous, if not, it's on the plans for the next trip. (that's what happened with FOP) All the advice has been right-on! Thanks for all the helpful updates!
Since we’ve done every other ride, It’s generally fun to attempt a new ride/land. And with Rise it becomes harder and harder to avoid spoilers.
It’s also nice to at least talk to non-Disney diehards about new rides.
Obviously it wasn’t a “now or never” decision like many typical guests. In the current environment, expect your DHS days to be much more chaotic and busy than you are used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter