READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I practiced at home today and it seemed to take a while to select my group. We have 12 people total traveling, but will be a group of 8 on our HS day. Any advice on getting through that quicker? I did "select all" and then unselected those 4 not with us. And is the best bet to toggle between "Find out More" and hitting the back arrow? I didn't get a red "Join Boarding Group" button until a little past 7:00am.

I have been following this thread for a while and am so appreciative of all the advice you all have provided!

I have been toggling between the home button in the app and the find out more because I find the back button on my phone twitchy sometimes but I don't have park experience to verify if that's the best method.

They currently have HS opening at 9 AM all of our days (president's day week) and I just keep thinking there's NO way they don't open until 9 AM! But if they do at least I won't have to argue with my husband about how early is too early...

That is when we are there as well and that Monday is our DHS day (my thinking was day after the EMH day would be lower crowds but I probably outthought myself)

Anyway, really hoping they move opening to be earlier so that a) fewer people getting up to be there for opening and b) so can try to get FP for Slinky Dog for these new park hours since we weren't able to get one

That is when we are there as well and that Monday is our DHS day (my thinking was day after the EMH day would be lower crowds but I probably outthought myself)

Anyway, really hoping they move opening to be earlier so that a) fewer people getting up to be there for opening and b) so can try to get FP for Slinky Dog for these new park hours since we weren't able to get one

Hey Monday is our DHS day too. You should have seen me freaking out in my dining room on NYD when I randomly checked on the app and scored a 10:15 SDD FP (definitely was not available on Fastpass day!). I also lucked out and was able to move my Star Tours to 9:15 yesterday so we're shaping up for a decent DHS day regardless of opening time and BG availability but I just find it hard to believe they won't at least move opening to 8 AM.

I am super curious to see if anyone else is able to get a BG without being in the park (after tapping in, like the guy who tapped in and left and got his BG from AK parking lot) because we're staying at BC and have hoppers, so if we can't get a BG that day, we'd be happy to do something like that on other days but I know my family won't be down for just hanging around rope drop every single morning.

I opened MDE at about 2 seconds after 7, tapped "find out more," and the BG button was red. I clicked and it asked me to choose the members of my party. I stopped there, since I'm not at DHS.

For what its worth, I followed these same exact steps yesterday morning (playing the home version of the game, not at Disney) and had the very same experience.

This morning I opened the MDE app at 6:59am and left it at the main home screen. Once the time ticked over to 7am I hit the "Find Out More" button and again the BG button was immediately red to join a BG.

For the foreseeable future I don’t think opening earlier is going to have any significant impact on how many people are there for opening. It’s been shown that thousands of people are willing to arrive at 8 AM, 7 AM, or even 6 AM to get a crack at those boarding groups. Those crowds then create long lines at the major attractions as soon as they are released into the park.

Planning for DHS is a challenge now, especially if experiencing ROTR is a priority, which it is for almost everyone going to the park. Between ROTR having no standby line, MFSR having no FPs, only one tier one FP for the other major rides, and long standby lines for those attractions almost all day, it is pretty hard to experience all of the major attractions at DHS without devoting at least part of multiple days at the park. The opening of the Mickey/Minnie railway in March will throw another variable into the mix.

I have a spring break trip coming up in late March and the FP window for that opens next week. As of now all parks are scheduled for 9 AM openings during that trip, and I will be very surprised if those aren’t made earlier at some point.

For the foreseeable future I don’t think opening earlier is going to have any significant impact on how many people are there for opening. It’s been shown that thousands of people are willing to arrive at 8 AM, 7 AM, or even 6 AM to get a crack at those boarding groups. Those crowds then create long lines at the major attractions as soon as they are released into the park.

Planning for DHS is a challenge now, especially if experiencing ROTR is a priority, which it is for almost everyone going to the park. Between ROTR having no standby line, MFSR having no FPs, only one tier one FP for the other major rides, and long standby lines for those attractions almost all day, it is pretty hard to experience all of the major attractions at DHS without devoting at least part of multiple days at the park. The opening of the Mickey/Minnie railway in March will throw another variable into the mix.

I have a spring break trip coming up in late March and the FP window for that opens next week. As of now all parks are scheduled for 9 AM openings during that trip, and I will be very surprised if those aren’t made earlier at some point.
We are going the last week in March, and my FP window opens 2 weeks from today. I am in the same boat. I have no idea how to plan for this. Right now we are planning to devote one day fully to Galaxy's Edge, droids, lightsabers, Oga's, and the 2 rides. We have another full day later in the trip for other parts of the park, and we will likely hop over on our final day for a last visit to Galaxy's edge. I just don't think the whole park is doable in a day as it stands now. Maybe when the hype calms down and crowds level out that will change.

Hey Monday is our DHS day too. You should have seen me freaking out in my dining room on NYD when I randomly checked on the app and scored a 10:15 SDD FP (definitely was not available on Fastpass day!). I also lucked out and was able to move my Star Tours to 9:15 yesterday so we're shaping up for a decent DHS day regardless of opening time and BG availability but I just find it hard to believe they won't at least move opening to 8 AM.

I am super curious to see if anyone else is able to get a BG without being in the park (after tapping in, like the guy who tapped in and left and got his BG from AK parking lot) because we're staying at BC and have hoppers, so if we can't get a BG that day, we'd be happy to do something like that on other days but I know my family won't be down for just hanging around rope drop every single morning.

Others have reported that they have been able to tap in to DHS, then leave the park and get a boarding group from outside the park.

We‘ll be staying at the Boardwalk in late March and might try that one day if the daughter who is with us on that trip wants to do ROTR more than once. One possible strategy is to enter DHS, , then leave and go to another park for opening. It might even make sense to intentionally wait for a minute or two after BGs open up to be sure to get one that won’t be called too early.

I practiced at home today and it seemed to take a while to select my group. We have 12 people total traveling, but will be a group of 8 on our HS day. Any advice on getting through that quicker? I did "select all" and then unselected those 4 not with us. And is the best bet to toggle between "Find out More" and hitting the back arrow? I didn't get a red "Join Boarding Group" button until a little past 7:00am.

I have been following this thread for a while and am so appreciative of all the advice you all have provided!
I practiced at home this morning too and found that it took awhile to be able to join. I clicked back and forth and finally clicked Join through the My Status button. That worked before the one on the first page turned orange. I'm hoping it will light up quicker when we do it for real!

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, for all of our days we have the evenings free and the benefit of proximity so if we can't get on on our DHS day, trying to get a BG at 1 or 2 minutes after could maybe get us an evening BG so we could just head over at our leisure. It's still such a gamble though looking at the chart, and add in that I'm assuming crowds will be BAD that week, since they've been the last two years.

We are headed down in a few weeks. I was hoping this would have calmed down just a tad by now but that doesn't seem to be the case. what time is recommended to get to the turn stiles to get into a BG? and does the whole group need to be there or can I just get there early and have the rest of the family come over when its our time to go?

thanks for any help!

Arrived in parking lot at 6:05am. Turnstiles opened at 6:25 -in by 6:32. Got boarding group 56 at 7:02. Up to group 28 by 7:55 but slowed way down shortly after. Only at group 35 at 8:55. 108 groups assigned this morning by 7:25 when BGs closed.
Rode single rider MF with no wait at 7:30.

t
We are headed down in a few weeks. I was hoping this would have calmed down just a tad by now but that doesn't seem to be the case. what time is recommended to get to the turn stiles to get into a BG? and does the whole group need to be there or can I just get there early and have the rest of the family come over when its our time to go?

thanks for any help!
things have calmed down, quite a lot actually. There were days during the holiday season when all BG were gone in a minute and backups in 5. Today there are still backups available as I type
read post one and two for info on BG and a chart
You and the entire group that wants to ride needs to be inside the park by opening time, so plan on getting to DHS maybe 30 minutes before opening time to go through bag check and tapstiles

Last edited:
t

things have calmed down, quite a lot actually. There were days during the holiday season when all BG were gone in a minute and backups in 5. Today there are still backups available as I type
read post one and two for info on BG and a chart
You and the entire group that wants to ride needs to be inside the park by opening time, so plan on getting to DHS maybe 30 minutes before opening time to go through bag check and tapstiles

That calming down is likely related mostly to generally lower crowds now as compared to the holidays.

Those of us also planning trips during the March spring break period are expecting things to be more like the Christmas holidays than they are now. Hopefully it won’t get all the way to initial BGs being gone in 1-2 minutes, but we can’t rule out that possibility.

That calming down is likely related mostly to generally lower crowds now as compared to the holidays.

Those of us also planning trips during the March spring break period are expecting things to be more like the Christmas holidays than they are now. Hopefully it won’t get all the way to initial BGs being gone in 1-2 minutes, but we can’t rule out that possibility.
The poster that i was replying to said " in a few weeks" and said they were hoping things to have calmed down, and they have. Obviously expected holiday periods will have larger crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter