READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will 108 finally be it...That brings today up to match the 12/27 mark of 94 BGs but also exceeds the BGs / hr mark for that day. A huge recovery after a 7 hour disaster to start the day. I'm so happy for many of our friends here who ended up riding when all hope seemed lost today!

In the words of Marlin, good feelings gone.
Why say it...when you can GIF it!!

tenor.gif

What a day!!!

After getting into the park at 6am with a 3 and a 5 year old, at 1pm we headed to guest relations to ask if they could give us a fast pass for another day. Our kids were shattered and we just wanted to get some food and get back to our hotel. A lovely cast member sorted this out for us but then, about an hour later when we were eating, the ride opened and we were called!

We were on and off the ride within 40 mins or so. Totally worth it the stress. This ride is amazing.

Hope all those with regular a BG get to ride today x

Oh I am so torn and stress about what to do. I have a solo trip coming up in 2 months. The only reason this trip is happening is because of a work training conference I must attend at CSR. I was able to add to days prior to the start of my meetings. I will arrive on Monday the 23rd 11am-ish. Already bought a ticket for DAH at MK. The next day I was planning on going to HS to try my shot at getting a BG. I only have me to worry about waking up and figured I can make up that sleep during my meetings (HaHa). Wanted to try for the earliest BG possible(another laugh) and have PH for that day. Was thinking of making FPs for this day at AK for late afternoon. But now I’m second guessing everything. Is this it really worth it to try and get a BG? I have a back up plan for AK for another DAH for that Thursday but really wanted to do the safari and FOTLK which both are not in DAH. Did I mention this is the week of March 23rd where CL are predicted to be 10s!!! Tuesday is my only full day, the rest of the week won’t be in the parks till after 4/5pm. I won’t be incredibly disappointed if I don’t get a BG but don’t want to waste a day of FPs either. Any suggestions on how you would plan the day??

I just wanted to thank every person on this board for the wonderful information. I would like to especially thank those that gave the tip on looking for FPs when HS changed hours. Because of this we were able to snag SDD FPs in the morning for all of us and it really opens up our afternoon next week! My 4 year old is beyond excited!!

Oh I am so torn and stress about what to do. I have a solo trip coming up in 2 months. The only reason this trip is happening is because of a work training conference I must attend at CSR. I was able to add to days prior to the start of my meetings. I will arrive on Monday the 23rd 11am-ish. Already bought a ticket for DAH at MK. The next day I was planning on going to HS to try my shot at getting a BG. I only have me to worry about waking up and figured I can make up that sleep during my meetings (HaHa). Wanted to try for the earliest BG possible(another laugh) and have PH for that day. Was thinking of making FPs for this day at AK for late afternoon. But now I’m second guessing everything. Is this it really worth it to try and get a BG? I have a back up plan for AK for another DAH for that Thursday but really wanted to do the safari and FOTLK which both are not in DAH. Did I mention this is the week of March 23rd where CL are predicted to be 10s!!! Tuesday is my only full day, the rest of the week won’t be in the parks till after 4/5pm. I won’t be incredibly disappointed if I don’t get a BG but don’t want to waste a day of FPs either. Any suggestions on how you would plan the day??

It sounds like you won't be out anything if you try, right? Can you just try for the BG and book your AK FP like you want, and if you wind up having to choose between riding RotR and your AK FP, so be it? Because from what I understand it's your only chance to do both those things right? Or can you do your AK FP on a different day?

Hmmm that argument never worked with my dad.
Me: "You can't just leave me here..."
Dad: "Oh I can...AND I WILL!!!"

🤣 🤣 🤣

I feel like it is INEVITABLE that they are moving those hours to 8am and 7am honestly seems like a reality at this point. They just don't know what to do with these early morning crowds.

I'm not saying I won't do that, but I'm praying they'll just get up whatever time is needed to get there. Our family pretty much plans to be at whatever park we're going to around an hour prior to rope drop regardless of park and crowds. We're a family of 8 so it takes a while to get through bag check and turnstiles even thought we've got AP's. From what I'm seeing, that plan is pretty much what most are doing anyway.

I know people get in line for FOP right at closing. So if your Bg is called at 6pm (like tonight when they are packing the line) could you/should you get in line at 7:55pm?
Other than running the risk the ride could go down again. Or sheer exhaustion from waiting around all day 😂😂

Last edited:
Good point. Hmmm. Well, we have two days of the 8am H&V booked. Maybe one of the days will stay at a 9am opening. And, if not, I guess I will put on my pushy "coming through" yet very polite hat and do our best.

I’m not sure exactly what your concern is. Even if the park opens at 8:00, you’ll be let in well before then and can get to your ADR in plenty of time, and can get your BG from the comfort of a restaurant!

I think I must be the only person on the planet that hopes it stays 9:00 AM. We are getting off a cruise on Saturday Feb 8 and was hoping that if we can get in the park by 9:30 I might have a fighting chance at a backup BG. If it opens at 7:00 we have no shot.
Keep in mind with a 9am opening there will be more people willing to be there a park opening so Bg’s and Backup Bg’s will be booked faster.
It may be like the Christmas/New Years week where Bg’s were booked it 90 seconds 😳😬😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter