Renaissance Seaworld - transporation, dining, and any general tips?

notatallmagic

DIS Veteran
We're taking a Disney break, and have 8 days booked at the Renaissance Seaworld with Discovery Cove and the "free" days at Seaworld and Aquatica. I'd love any tips and tricks - our travel group is two families ranging in age from 9 to 55 - with 3 teenagers :) We want to do the parks and also relax a bit.

Specific questions - best way to get from MCO to the hotel; and close (walkable) dining options near the hotel. I saw a Nature's Table place and Bonefish Grill. Can you order grocery delivery to the hotel? Thanks so much!

I hope you will have a car. There isn’t too much within walking distance. They charge $30/ day for parking, so it may make sense to use Uber to get around. Close to Discovery Cove is a Wawa gas station. We love their Italian subs. Near there is Ginther’s Swirl, a soft serve ice cream place that also has dole whip.

There are many dining options within a few miles. Check out the options on Sand Lake, Turkey Lake and International Drive. There is a Walmart, Whole Foods, Aldis and Publix within 5 miles. Call the hotel about food delivery policies. Also ask what restaurants deliver to the hotel.

I think you will love all three parks. Seaworld has special festivals and concerts mainly on weekends. Aquatica is a favorite of ours. There used to be a shuttle to Busch Gardens in Tampa. It is a long drive, but the park has awesome coasters, a few shows and lots of animals to see.

We loved our stay at that hotel. Not much eating within walking distance, but you will have the i-ride trolley service that can take you up and down INternational Drive and access to loads of restaurants there. We thought the buffet breakfast in the hotel was great - ate there every morning. The little waterpark was also fab in the hotel. Lovely internal atrium, plus the rooms are large and spacious, and brilliant location right opposite SeaWorld. We actually enjoyed our room there better than our room at the Poly!

We usually eat in the hotel, the breakfast is really good, the dinner is adequate. We enjoyed having a light dinner out of the appetizers at the pool bar one night. The pool area is really nice, and there are other outdoor games and such. The water park is geared more towards little kids, with the splash area. there are only 2 slides for older kids/teens

I've stayed in this hotel. You are very close to the Sea World Park itself. You can see some of the roller coasters in the park from the higher floors of the hotel but the parking lot for the park is across the street from the hotel. The food since the end of the pandemic has been hit and miss. We are considering going to the park on our next visit and will be walking over from the hotel

It's a nice hotel. The rooms are large and the staff is very good.

We stayed years ago at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was next to Renaissance sanc. Walking distance to Sea World. We could see the SeaWorld fireworks from our room. No restaurants within walking distance. I agree with using Uber. when we go to Universal or wdw we Uber/Lyft anywhere we want to go, cheaper than a car rental these days plus paying for parking.

We stayed there once over a long weekend a couple years back so that we could make it to each of the parks first thing in the morning, as well as to get the free quick queue, reserved seating, and early park admission. It's a beautiful hotel with lovely rooms, some great views of the parks, and and it's even ocean themed! I've always thought if SeaWorld wants an onsite resort they should just make a deal with the Renaissance to rename it "SeaWorld Resort by Renaissance" or something.
Anyway, for food you've got two options: trying to eat at the hotel or driving somewhere else. The hotel does have at least one restaurant where you can theoretically get dinner (by the pool), but it closes at 8, which is earlier than the parks typically close. There's also a bar in the lobby that was open late when we visited and serves food. Now, if you want to go somewhere else you have quite a few options, but like everything in Orlando it's not pedestrian friendly. I'd honestly recommend either taking a Lyft or the iRide trolley, which I think you can get on from the SeaWorld parking lot. International Drive is right there, and it has every restaurant you can possibly ask for. There's actually a cluster of them right across from SeaWorld if you're looking for something close by. Some of my favorite restaurants on I-drive are Cafe Tu Tu Tango and Rodizio Grill, plus the original Bahama Breeze is there.

As for transportation to/from the airport, I know they have a free shuttle, but it's not clear from the website if that goes to the airport or just the parks.

We stayed there once over a long weekend a couple years back so that we could make it to each of the parks first thing in the morning, as well as to get the free quick queue, reserved seating, and early park admission. It's a beautiful hotel with lovely rooms, some great views of the parks, and and it's even ocean themed! I've always thought if SeaWorld wants an onsite resort they should just make a deal with the Renaissance to rename it "SeaWorld Resort by Renaissance" or something.
Anyway, for food you've got two options: trying to eat at the hotel or driving somewhere else. The hotel does have at least one restaurant where you can theoretically get dinner (by the pool), but it closes at 8, which is earlier than the parks typically close. There's also a bar in the lobby that was open late when we visited and serves food. Now, if you want to go somewhere else you have quite a few options, but like everything in Orlando it's not pedestrian friendly. I'd honestly recommend either taking a Lyft or the iRide trolley, which I think you can get on from the SeaWorld parking lot. International Drive is right there, and it has every restaurant you can possibly ask for. There's actually a cluster of them right across from SeaWorld if you're looking for something close by. Some of my favorite restaurants on I-drive are Cafe Tu Tu Tango and Rodizio Grill, plus the original Bahama Breeze is there.

As for transportation to/from the airport, I know they have a free shuttle, but it's not clear from the website if that goes to the airport or just the parks.
Love that Bahama Breeze! It was the first one I ever ate at.

We stayed years ago at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was next to Renaissance sanc. Walking distance to Sea World. We could see the SeaWorld fireworks from our room. No restaurants within walking distance.
Bonefish is within walking distance and is worth a visit.

We're taking a Disney break, and have 8 days booked at the Renaissance Seaworld with Discovery Cove and the "free" days at Seaworld and Aquatica. I'd love any tips and tricks - our travel group is two families ranging in age from 9 to 55 - with 3 teenagers :) We want to do the parks and also relax a bit.

Specific questions - best way to get from MCO to the hotel; and close (walkable) dining options near the hotel. I saw a Nature's Table place and Bonefish Grill. Can you order grocery delivery to the hotel? Thanks so much!
If I understand it correctly, won’t you have length of stay admission to SeaWorld? If so, their dining options would also be walkable from the hotel.

I’ve stayed at the Renaissance several times over the past 20 years for both business and personal travel. It’s a great property.

Any advice on whether to use self-park or valet at Renaissance Sea World? It will be $30 difference for our 2 nights. Wasn’t sure if the self-pay lot is attached to the hotel or down the block as it is in some downtown areas. Called the front desk and she didn’t know. Since it will just be my daughter and me, I will pay the difference if it is not close. Just need to know and can’t find any answer to my question. Hoping my Disboards friends can help!

@mwmom, the self-parking area is directly adjacent to the hotel, to the right as you drive in the main entrance.

4D96B4A8-D36E-483F-9FCA-A4B66EA6960E.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter