Resort Change by Disney

Well, I'm talking to someone now and there seems be no availability to move us to later in July at a deluxe resort. We were supposed to arrive the 7th and trying to modified to a later date when all parks will be open. Trying to be patient.

407-939-5277
I used the VIPassholder line this morning, called this number a few times and got the busy signal, took a nap, then called again and got through within 10 minutes
hmmm do you have to be a pass holder to use this number...I'm not, but I am desperate lol.

hmmm do you have to be a pass holder to use this number...I'm not, but I am desperate lol.
Sorry, I should clarify the number I gave isn't the VIPassholder line. I did the VIPassholder line in the morning at 7 AM, waited 2 hours, and the 5277 number this afternoon, waited 10 minutes.

Well, I'm talking to someone now and there seems be no availability to move us to later in July at a deluxe resort. We were supposed to arrive the 7th and trying to modified to a later date when all parks will be open. Trying to be patient.
Will you let us know your outcome? I'm on hold with Guest Services to find out where they are putting us for our July 13-27 stay. It's concerning they can't find a deluxe resort to put you at!

oh no. where were you. keep us posted. wonder if you'll get anything extra somehow -other than a refund.

makes me worrie about our mid August visit. Wonder if disney thought more people would cancel reservations and were underprepared for the demand.

Anyone that made their park reservations and then moved resorts due to a resort closure did your park reservations stick?
Yes... Made my park reservations first. Then did the hold game the rest of the day. Needed two reservations modified since we did a split stay for our upcoming trip on July 12th. Now no more split stay. Was moved to CR Tower Lake View

Yes. BUT if they try and tell you that you have to pay to move to a new one or cancel don't listen to them. At least not yet. There has been a lot of conflicting information and if the information I (and my agency) received is not correct then everyone here should be reporting the same information and there will be zero instances of guests moving at no cost.

Again, I truly think that guests will be moved at no cost.
My cast member said when he moved me from WL to Boulder Ridge " ahhh and I see it is the same price"
I don't know if that is their way of giving it to you without saying they are comping the difference or not? lol
I mean it is good when they can say they gave you an upgrade at no charge but in times like this probably not a good thing because there are too many of us on here comparing stories.
Usually Disney randomly does a good deed...…... but hey now they cant let the word get out on the street.:chat: :rolleyes1

I just got through and they said they’ve closed the guest services line for the night and I need to call back tomorrow 😫

Well if this is true I will need to call back tomorrow. I leave work in about an hour and will lose cell service once on the highway. Been on hold 5 hours

Well if this is true I will need to call back tomorrow. I leave work in about an hour and will lose cell service once on the highway.

Just to clarify my statement.. they’re no longer sending people to the Guest Services queue. If you’re already there, you should be good! I’m going to try back at like 10:30pm just to see.

oh no. where were you. keep us posted. wonder if you'll get anything extra somehow -other than a refund.

makes me worrie about our mid August visit. Wonder if disney thought more people would cancel reservations and were underprepared for the demand.

This is exactly why I’m nervous for our early August dates 😫

I am a TA myself and this information is not correct, well not all of it. It is correct that you shouldn't ask to move but rather inquire where you will be moved, but it is not correct that you would wait for Disney to move you. It has been stated that you (or in your case your TA) MUST call. Otherwise your reservation will be cancelled 7 days prior to check-in.

Unfortunately you are not able to call yourself, but your TA has to. Stress to her that you don't want them to modify and you choose your resort. That she needs to speak to Special Teams to get you moved by Disney.

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter