• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Booked at Poly (originally WL) as a recovery and notification this morning our magic bands were shipped out. We check in on 8/12, which is the first date the resort is scheduled to be fully open.

Checking in on 8/28. Has anyone with the same timeframe has their reservation changed yet?
We check in 8/28, booked with a TA and I had her call last week just to check because we were seeing reports of Disney cancelling reservations if you didn’t call. They told her that was wrong and that they would have contacted us but they did go ahead and get us switched from POR to Caribbean beach.

Checking in on 8/28. Has anyone with the same timeframe has their reservation changed yet?
We have an early Sept trip and called back when you could first change etc. We got our reservation moved (with a nice upgrade, but I think those days are gone, so I'mnot sure waitingon hold at this point 2wouldbe worth it.) We also had a July trip, but were just going to cancel it, so I didn't bother trying to change it. Disney called us on that one about 3 weeks before our trip was scheduled to mske resort changes.

Just a heads up. This was sent to me by my TA this morning from DTA. They changed the re-opening dates of Poly and AoA. BC and BWI are closed indefinitely:

"As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
  • July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline."

I have one night booked at AoA in September, an add on day to the beginning of our trip. I just saw the announcement that AoA isn't opening until 11/1. Should I call, or wait it out?

I have one night booked at AoA in September, an add on day to the beginning of our trip. I just saw the announcement that AoA isn't opening until 11/1. Should I call, or wait it out?
What’s your tolerance for waiting on hold? I would wait it out at this point.

We are at Poly (recovery) and on hold now, it said 3 minutes when I dialed in but it's been about 10. We are scheduled to arrive in about 2 weeks.

I'd call right now and see if the news has spread wide enough to generate long holds yet. If you go on hold hang up and call back in a few days, but you might get right through.

What’s your tolerance for waiting on hold? I would wait it out at this point.

It's a bit of a hodge podge trip already. My DH won a free week at an RCI resort in a golf tourney last year, and we have Bonnet Creek booked from Sun - Sun. 9/13 - 9/19. (9/18 is our anniversary)

We have current AP's that have been extended to 10/5 so between that and the free room we are really hoping to make this trip happen.

Because we have AP's I was only able to book park reservations for 3 of our days, so we decided to book 2 nights at POP on the AP discount so that we could add three more park reservation days to the trip.

Then we decided that we would add a day on to the beginning of the trip because we were able to get a better flight time out. At that point, Pop was no longer available on the AP discount, so I got a AoA LM room. I would be fine if we get moved, but I don't want to pay more for that night than we already are.

We also have DVC, and there are plenty of studios available so we could go that route too. I would just rather not loose those points if we don't end up going in the end.

I'd call right now and see if the news has spread wide enough to generate long holds yet. If you go on hold hang up and call back in a few days, but you might get right through.

I'm at work right now, so I can't call. I guess I can try on my lunch, but it will probably be a long wait by then.

on the phone now. We have three reservations for a group of 8 all staying at AoA over labor day. One of them being in a family suite.....very interested to see what they are offering for them to make up for the two bedrooms, two bathroom set up they had.

I'm okay being moved over to POP (that's what we wanted in the first place anyway, we are all adults and the themed rooms at AoA are a bit much, but that was all available to us at the time of booking)

waiting game

Just a heads up, call volume is definitely picking up. I was disconnected from my first call with a CM after she put me on hold (my router, not WDW system booted me) and when I called back from my cell, I now have the "high volume" message and it said 25 minute wait (not too bad but we'll see how accurate that is, - 14 minutes on hold so far :) )

Edit: CM picked up 25 minutes on the button. He hadn't gotten the word yet and is checking something since it's not in the system, back on hold. He did say he was on break when the message came in.

Last edited:
also a heads up, i called and after about 30 minutes the CM picked up and said that their system isn't 'updated' with the AoA closure. Not sure what that meant but she told me to call back later. When i asked simply what they are offering impacted guests, even if i can't immediately make my change, she took one of my booking numbers and then it disconnected.

I'm back on the line now, Hopefully the wait time is long enough that their systems get up to speed

also a heads up, i called and after about 30 minutes the CM picked up and said that their system isn't 'updated' with the AoA closure. Not sure what that meant but she told me to call back later. When i asked simply what they are offering impacted guests, even if i can't immediately make my change, she took one of my booking numbers and then it disconnected.

I'm back on the line now, Hopefully the wait time is long enough that their systems get up to speed
Good luck!

The CM I'm talking to put me back on hold. He said something about WDW making the announcement before updating the system. So he asked for my patience while they're working on it, sounds like it's in the process before he can offer another room. It won't let CMs do it, as I was typing this, I'm escalated to GS.

Good luck!

The CM I'm talking to put me back on hold. He said something about WDW making the announcement before updating the system. So he asked for my patience while they're working on it, sounds like it's in the process before he can offer another room. It won't let CMs do it, as I was typing this, I'm escalated to GS.

Let me know if guest services can help! The second CM very bluntly told me he can't assist and that the 'right hand hasn't communicated with the left hand yet' and hung up. I actually asked if I should call guest services and he said he would prefer that i wait until later on. I asked if i should try back tomorrow or earlier. his words were 'if we don't have things handled in the next few hours there will be many more problems' soo!!!

Let me know if guest services can help! The second CM very bluntly told me he can't assist and that the 'right hand hasn't communicated with the left hand yet' and hung up. I actually asked if I should call guest services and he said he would prefer that i wait until later on. I asked if i should try back tomorrow or earlier. his words were 'if we don't have things handled in the next few hours there will be many more problems' soo!!!
Oh man. I'll post back - the CM said he was forwarding my info ahead of me to GS and apologized for the wait. I just thanked him for his efforts. I feel so bad for the CMs today. Sounded like they weren't given a heads up or prepared to do anything before the news got out :(

Just got off a 12-minute phone call! After hearing about the resort updates, I called guest services directly. I was moved from Poly, lagoon view to Riviera, deluxe studio, preferred view! Woo!

tell me your secrets! What's the guest service line? or do i have to call in and ask to get transferred?

I never made it to GS, the (amazing!) CM put me on hold for a while and the system updated while on hold so he said he never had to "leave me." We were initially moved from Poly to DVC side (he did this while I was on hold) but we really wanted two queen beds, not the sofa bed, so ended up at Contemporary Garden Wing, happy about that :). We've never stayed any Deluxe before, so excited for this one too. CM was kind enough to share lots of info about staying at the resort with tips, etc.

Good luck to everyone else having to call! After my initial disconnection, my next call was 1:06 from 25 minutes to hold with the other 35 minutes on and off hold with the CM. So way faster than last go around.

Just got off of the phone with a CM after a 30 minute hold. Originally scheduled at AoA little mermaid room 8/30-9/4 and was switched to CBR. I was expecting a much more complicated process to switch, or at least a longer hold so I was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed at CBR so I am excited for something new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter