Resort Swap - PROGRESS: Some POSTAL! Slideshows posted

I understand where you are coming from. That BLT group really stumped me. I am still not sure about it. Maybe that is why I have not mailed out. The contemp letters the "e" was easy, but it took me a while for the "P" and I kinda of just started going with the idea in my head, but that is not excactly what I had in my head,but has I went along it came to me. My FQ one I knew what I was looking for on that one. The hard part on that group was finding the supplies. I had to order from 2 seperate places for the paper and the embellishments. There was just no Mardi Gras/New Orleans stuff around my area.

BTW your AK letters are awesome:thumbsup2 I need to get started on mine. Ideas in the head, but nothing drawn out yet.

I like your BLT letter. I've never been there either, so I don't know if it fits or not. I just know when I look at it, it looks like and abstract Mickey face and that seems to fit. Eyes, and a black swirl for the mouth.

You did a fantastic job on the BLT group (well all of them are wonderful but that one is really good for the resort). I am looking at using more stripes/circles/ribbons typoe thing- there aren't really objects I can think of that fit for BLT- more it about color/texture.

Rebecca

Love the BLT letter and the Contempo ones!! How did you do the BLT one? I have a picturer from staying at the Conteporary that looks just like that!! I framed it and hung it in my son's room. I am doing a geometric shape sort of thing for my BLT and Contemporary things.

Thanks everyone the :thumbsup2. For the BLT I found a picture someone took of that pictures and resized it to make the square and then I resized again to cut out the "T". I did just find some cool paper that I might just used instead. I just ordered it so it will be a while before it gets here. It has the geometric shape. Who knows I may keep it or change it or just send both.

I love those pieces!!!!

And Shawn, your FQ pieces gave me an idea - for my T, would it be cute if I added some feathers on top, like a feathered headdress, and then had a little beaded "necklace" hanging off it?

ETA: I tried to draw it with dashes, but it didn't work that well. If you can't picture it, I'll post my sketch of it.

I love those pieces!!!!

And Shawn, your FQ pieces gave me an idea - for my T, would it be cute if I added some feathers on top, like a feathered headdress, and then had a little beaded "necklace" hanging off it?

ETA: I tried to draw it with dashes, but it didn't work that well. If you can't picture it, I'll post my sketch of it.

Those would look great. Some of my "E"'s have a necklace around them and two have the mask with the feather and one has a lamp post and the other has a saxophone.

My one group is perfect!!

OK I must just be braindead!! I already cut CBR elements and am on the hunt for paper for the altered letters. Now I have discovered I don't show in the elements group.

Too late to add me in or should I just put the elements in with my letters??

Just once I would like a swap to go smoothly:lmao: AWM is shaking her head right now.:lmao:

Is there a blacklist for swappers?? :scared1:

OK I must just be braindead!! I already cut CBR elements and am on the hunt for paper for the altered letters. Now I have discovered I don't show in the elements group.

Just once I would like a swap to go smoothly:lmao: AWM is shaking her head right now.:lmao:

I am in that group and haven't started it yet so I can easily add another if I need too.

I sent my 3 groups out today by priority mail.

PSA - I used the box that was one smaller than the flat rate medium. It only cost me $8.60 to send the package. That was cheaper than the flat rate medium which is $10.70. It might save you some money if you use the smaller priority box.

Heidi already sent me her package, with her CB elements. I haven't done mine yet. If you wanted, you could make elements for Tigger1221, me and you. Tigger1221 and I could make 4 sets instead of 3, but you wouldn't get Heidi's and she wouldn't get yours...unless I don't send Heidi her set. But I don't know if she has the ability to make herself a set at home.

Heidi already sent me her package, with her CB elements. I haven't done mine yet. If you wanted, you could make elements for Tigger1221, me and you. Tigger1221 and I could make 4 sets instead of 3, but you wouldn't get Heidi's and she wouldn't get yours...unless I don't send Heidi her set. But I don't know if she has the ability to make herself a set at home.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

I sent my 3 groups out today by priority mail.

PSA - I used the box that was one smaller than the flat rate medium. It only cost me $8.60 to send the package. That was cheaper than the flat rate medium which is $10.70. It might save you some money if you use the smaller priority box.

Colleen, your package arrived today! Thanks for the Ariel towel. My Grandma used to love to buy those, and give them as stocking stuffers. She passed away 11 years ago, and the last ones I have from her are on their last legs, and I went to a craft show last fall looking for replacements with no luck. Now I have a replacement. And I have a Disney kitchen, so it will fit right in.

Hi Hope! I'm here! I was in Florida this weekend, but I'm going to work on getting stuff cut this weekend and bring it with me to work on while DBF is in his conference next week!

Hi!!! I wasing hoping it would be ok to check in now. We are busy with baseball the next couple of days and having a bar b que for DH's birthday this weekend. I have lots o' cleaning and cooking to do in preparation...don't think I'll be on much. Anyway, I have all of my supplies, ideas sketched and am ready to start cutting after my busy weekend!!! Please let me know if you need me to find a window to get on here on Friday.

Thanks,

Erin

I have my paper and ideas ready for this swap. I leave Sat. for Europe and won't be back till June 5th. I will complete these when I get back and mail on time no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter