Riddle me this!

We have eaten at Artists Point in WL, but haven't tried Whispering Canyon. They do look like they are having fun in there though! My favorite buffet type meal at WDW is Boma at AKL.

Where would all of you go for a 35th anniversary dinner in WDW? We are thinking of either Artist's Point (very quiet) or California Grill (can see the fireworks). We ruled out Victoria and Albert's because we don't want to bring dressy clothes.

Marsha - glad you could take a break with us here - always nice to have your company. :)

I'd sing with you two any time! :)

LK - here's hoping you catch a weather break! :)

WC has a special family style meal (along with a full menu) that DS & I both got & it was pretty much all different meats. There were a couple of redskin potatoes but mostly meat.....ribs, sausage, shredded pork, chicken etc. An Atkins diet dream buffet!!!:D

Diane - California Grill is awesome! Great view, great setting, great food, great service. I recommend that without hesitation!

Hmmmm...I am planing on going on a resort tour while we're there, to check out the Christmas decorations.....lokks like I'll be ending up at The Wilderness Lodge for dinner! :)

They race coconuts, Diane?!?!?!
LOL! Yes, they have the kids (grown ones too, if they want to) roll coconuts along a "race track" in the aisles between the tables. It can be a hoot if there are lots of kids there! We were sitting on the race aisle one time, and almost ended up with a couple kids in our laps!:p

Morning all - no clue here so guess will be sitting at the garage sale neeked - hope that doesn't drive away the customers;)

Mom and I loved the Garden Grill!! Its interesting even without the characters! But what a hoot - Chip gave me a head massage and proceded to steal my scrunchie and run around with it on his nose - Mickey of course saved the day! lol....... we liked it!

We've gone to Ohanas for the breakfast buffet on our family trips. I really enjoy that. The Poly is the one place I'd really like to stay at one of these trips. :)

When Katie was just a little one, Minnie came by and spent a lot of time with her. Katie was a little apprehensive at first but then had a lot of fun with Minnie. Minnie ended up picking Katie up and carried her around the end of the room where we were seated. She and Minnie waved hello to everybody. One of my favorite Disney memories....:)

Cynj, Even when it is just DH and I alone, we usually go to a couple of character meals, and we never miss the Garden Grill! I think Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale is why! They always will interact with ANYONE, even a couple of aging adults!

A nakey sale, Marla!!?? I bet THAT will attract quite a crowd!!! :eek: :p :p

We ate at the GG on our first trip. I really overplanned. We had at least one, and most days two, meals planned each day! We're were all full by mid-week!! LOL! :) The GG was very good! They served catfish back then, which I really enjoyed - but I don't think it's on the menu any more!

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....

4333.jpg

:)

Originally posted by oldkicker

We ate at the GG on our first trip. I really overplanned. We had at least one, and most days two, meals planned each day! We're were all full by mid-week!! LOL! :) The GG was very good! They served catfish back then, which I really enjoyed - but I don't think it's on the menu any more!
I loved the catfish too!! Last time we checked they didn't ahve it anymore..........:(

LOL, Bernie! Are you being a "square" today?:p

IT has been about 5 years since we ate at California Grill. Has anyone eaten there in the recent past? I know they have a different chef and manager now than they had back then.

I loved the catfish too!! Last time we checked they didn't ahve it anymore..........
Actually, their menu changes with the season. I like their saurkraut when they have it!

Have enjoyed dinners at Le Cellier, Garden Grill, the place in Mexico, Calif Grill, Camp Cafe May at the Beach Club, Liberty Tree, Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park and Victoria & Albert's

Sent in a answer - but is it the right answer

Anyone know of a clean, inexpensive hotel in the Boston area? My folks are going to spend a 4 day vacation up there and I am leary of booking directly off of Expedia without knowing anything about the hotel.

Boy, it's been YEARS since I have stayed in Boston! Last time was for a dog show, so it was out a ways.

That might be a tough one.. clean and inexpensive.. you know there is an interesting one.. sort of like a bed and breakfast on Commonwealth Avenue called the College Club, I believe... if they are not interested in frills......and close to the Copley Sq. area of Boston..

Good morning all! I hope you all are having a great day!

Bernie, congrats on your win again!!! It sounds like a great season for your tream so far!

Thanks for the update on Valerie and her mom. I am glad they get to see her regularly and I keep praying for the best.

Thanks John... but as surprising as it would be this would only be my first time at 20K. I only lost 1500 posts last time so I think every milestone from 15K on up is new for me. I only remember that because I noticed I was only a few hundred away from 15K when we had the last 'crash' And I think you'll laugh. I have almost as many posts as I do miles on my car. I have 22K miles... I'm sure I'll catch up there soon ;)

Congrats again Gail, on your 3000 posts!!!! I enjoy reading them and so glad to have gotten to know you through them :)

Marsha, good luck with the house. I bet it get get rather stressful!

Diane, your DSM and friend are in my prayers. I hope the doctors can do their best to help both of them.

My personal favorite meal is Crystal Palace. Beth and I hope to eat there when we go. I've also eaten at Whispering Canyon and I loved it. 'Ohana is great too!!! I went and at with my DH there for our honeymoon. Great atmosphere, great food and a lot of fun! Glad you asked this question Bernie, I am getting great ideas too for my upcoming trip (such the mooch I am)

Speaking of all the rain, can you all send some PD this way... I know a few others have been and so far it seems to mostly be working, but we have T-storms in the work for Sat night. They were supposed to be for the whole day but they seem to move. I think witha little more PD, maybe we can get them out of the picture totally on Sat :sunny: I guess I just want her wedding to be perfect :)

And clueless on the riddle here too... any hints out there? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter