Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Looks like things are going well today. It’s going to be a busy day for us, I was able to get Plaza reservations with new parade viewing area tickets! We also have reservations for droid depot.

Short report out from our trip earlier this week (2/23 - 2/25). Thanks to all on this thread for making it a success! Here is what worked every single day:

1 - Line up approx 45 minutes before park opening. Line grows exponentially every minute beyond that. This got us in the park 15-20 minutes prior to opening each day at the main gates.
2 - Have many phones. We used 5 iPhones of varying models, from a 6s up to 11. All phones were logged into the same DL account.
3 - Get an atomic clock, and practice at home to sync it to DL servers. I found DL servers went live ~1 second before my clock hit Opening Time.
4 - Load the app on all phones *many* times that morning to clear out junk. Pop ups, iTunes store rating surveys, offers for the Play App, etc. all need to be cleared. Load, click on "Find out More", check Boarding Status, close the app, clear from memory, and repeat. Did about 4-5 times per phone each AM (found new popups almost every day). Also, ensure all phones have the correct tickets linked while doing this and that everyone in your group actually entered the park. A great way to test this is with MaxPass - if you can get one for the group you are good! We had variable group members each morning so this was important. If you can't delete non-park goers from the prior day group, DL tech support is great and can solve it in about 5 minutes with a phone call.
5 - Turn off Wi-Fi on all phones and close the app (remove from memory) about 5 minutes before Opening. Make sure no other apps are in memory.
6 - Use 1 phone for your atomic clock, and for that one open the DL app about 5 minutes ahead and get the 'Check Status' page open. This lets you swap from the clock to an active button quickly.
7 - For the other phones, we loaded the app 20 - 10 seconds before Opening Time, depending on phone speed. The 11 loads in about 5 seconds.
8 - Do *NOT* click 'Find out More' until your team is ready
9 - Starting at Opening Time -2 seconds, we clicked 'Find out More' sequentially on each phone with a ~1s delay between clicks. This let us get a 4 second spread across 4 phones. The 5th phone with the clock swaps apps to the DL app (already open) once the 1st phone begins and starts to pull-down refresh until the button turns red.
10 - We found many of us got the desired Red Button, but my daughter (iPhone 11) got the actual pass 2 out of 3 days.

Doing this, we improved each day and got BG 42, 23, and 7 respectively.

Of note, we found Rope Drop preceded Opening Time each day by about 2 minutes. We did the above while walking, but you may want to sit down and focus the first time. I also recommend that if you want to do Smuggler's Run, this is the time. Even being near the back of the Rope Drop mob, we'd get to SR and find ~20 minute queues. Given that it's not FP enabled yet, this is the best you are probably going to see all day. And if you get BG 7, you're in the right spot to ride RotR right after SR! ;)

YMMV, but good luck!! :)

Bg 13: called at 10:00, got in line at 10:15, off by 10:45. Loved it, and after perusing the spoiler thread, I believe all effects were working!

@carouselDL - can’t reply to your last post in the first thread for this - I love that you got a BG while on Dumbo! :dumbo:

I think that may be a first!!
Lol I figured that reception would be fine since it's outdoors and I wouldn't miss too much in the crucial 10 seconds since it just goes round and round :)

Short report out from our trip earlier this week (2/23 - 2/25). Thanks to all on this thread for making it a success! Here is what worked every single day:

1 - Line up approx 45 minutes before park opening. Line grows exponentially every minute beyond that. This got us in the park 15-20 minutes prior to opening each day at the main gates.
2 - Have many phones. We used 5 iPhones of varying models, from a 6s up to 11. All phones were logged into the same DL account.
3 - Get an atomic clock, and practice at home to sync it to DL servers. I found DL servers went live ~1 second before my clock hit Opening Time.
4 - Load the app on all phones *many* times that morning to clear out junk. Pop ups, iTunes store rating surveys, offers for the Play App, etc. all need to be cleared. Load, click on "Find out More", check Boarding Status, close the app, clear from memory, and repeat. Did about 4-5 times per phone each AM (found new popups almost every day). Also, ensure all phones have the correct tickets linked while doing this and that everyone in your group actually entered the park. A great way to test this is with MaxPass - if you can get one for the group you are good! We had variable group members each morning so this was important. If you can't delete non-park goers from the prior day group, DL tech support is great and can solve it in about 5 minutes with a phone call.
5 - Turn off Wi-Fi on all phones and close the app (remove from memory) about 5 minutes before Opening. Make sure no other apps are in memory.
6 - Use 1 phone for your atomic clock, and for that one open the DL app about 5 minutes ahead and get the 'Check Status' page open. This lets you swap from the clock to an active button quickly.
7 - For the other phones, we loaded the app 20 - 10 seconds before Opening Time, depending on phone speed. The 11 loads in about 5 seconds.
8 - Do *NOT* click 'Find out More' until your team is ready
9 - Starting at Opening Time -2 seconds, we clicked 'Find out More' sequentially on each phone with a ~1s delay between clicks. This let us get a 4 second spread across 4 phones. The 5th phone with the clock swaps apps to the DL app (already open) once the 1st phone begins and starts to pull-down refresh until the button turns red.
10 - We found many of us got the desired Red Button, but my daughter (iPhone 11) got the actual pass 2 out of 3 days.

Doing this, we improved each day and got BG 42, 23, and 7 respectively.

Of note, we found Rope Drop preceded Opening Time each day by about 2 minutes. We did the above while walking, but you may want to sit down and focus the first time. I also recommend that if you want to do Smuggler's Run, this is the time. Even being near the back of the Rope Drop mob, we'd get to SR and find ~20 minute queues. Given that it's not FP enabled yet, this is the best you are probably going to see all day. And if you get BG 7, you're in the right spot to ride RotR right after SR! ;)

YMMV, but good luck!! :)

You were there the exact same days as me!

We actually sat on the screen past "Find Out More" for about 5 minutes before park open and hit "My Status" right at park open and got in that way, boarding groups 28 and 19 on our two Disneyland days.

Bg 13: called at 10:00, got in line at 10:15, off by 10:45. Loved it, and after perusing the spoiler thread, I believe all effects were working!

Lol I figured that reception would be fine since it's outdoors and I wouldn't miss too much in the crucial 10 seconds since it just goes round and round :)

Well, you could say one thing for sure about that approach:

Screen_Shot_2017-05-03_at_12.14.21_PM.jpg

Didn't someone also get a BG while on Space Mountain? And I think @WonkaKid got one while on PP. Still, you should get a Disney Parks Play App achievement for that.

Yay new thread! Hopefully we'll cut off some of the repeat questions answered in the first few posts :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
(breathing)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
(scene)

I did notice that the DHS version of this post moved "READ POSTS 1-2" to the beginning of the thread name. We'll have to see how that works for them.

First 3 hours of attraction operation today: 50 groups called. Not a bad start if you don't figure in the 1.5 hour delay to get boarding going.
Second 3 hours of attraction operation today: 40 groups called.
(but only 3 groups called in the last half hour, hopefully just culling the queue...)

Looks like we are getting back up to speed.

On the other coast, in an interesting turn of events, they continued to call BGs right up until 10 mintues before park close.

Can't decide if it went down or if they only distributed 140 BGs today...It would be a weird flex - they usually seem to like to issue a number ending with 1 or 6.

At least a very nice long run -- was hoping to see 155+ tonight.

Late start since B-Team couldn't find the start button, and guess they couldn't reset it either ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter