Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I played from home today too and that’s the first that happened to me. Had to restart the app before I could join and they were on to backup groups by then. All within the first minute of park open.

Yeah they weren't into backup groups yet by the time mine worked, but I could just imagine how stressful that would have been in park instead of at home!

Well, today should be an interesting study. MM but some sort of snafu with security and lines and the esplanade and just not getting folks into the park on a Saturday...The last 3 Saturdays backups have lasted 15 minute or more. This is definitely not due to lower crowds so it must be tied to not enough people in the park at OPO.

Boarding group 10 at 8:17, though, that's a good sign.

Yesterday our team couldn't find the start button and couldn't find the reset button, but they kept it running (though it limped at times) for almost ten hours straight.

DHS is off to a decent start but in the midst of their first downtime today, now at the 50 minute mark. It will be interesting to see if they can recover faster than they did yesterday.

Got BG 24. Best so far, and I will be able to get on ride and still be out by 1:00.

Also got the Indy Funko Pop. A lot bigger than I was expecting. Standing in long line with other funko buyers waiting to have them held.

Question, I’ve read this and much of the first superthread but maybe missed an answer to this. I understand planning to be in line 1-1.5 hours early from park opening time. What about on EMH mornings that we plan to attend. If EMH is at 7am should we plan on being there between 5:30am -6am? We will be staying at the Grand Californian and plan on trying to get a boarding group every day of our trip. I’ve been practicing at home but want to make sure we are doing everything right when we get there

Got BG 24. Best so far, and I will be able to get on ride and still be out by 1:00.

Also got the Indy Funko Pop. A lot bigger than I was expecting. Standing in long line with other funko buyers waiting to have them held.
It's a 10 in, those are not tiny.

BG 123, not too upset since I rode yesterday with bg 13 :) Restarted phone and cleared cache a few minutes before 8, but the app still malfunctioned--kept telling me that BGs were already closed, and I had to close the app and reopen several times. I really do feel like it's a lottery.

Question, I’ve read this and much of the first superthread but maybe missed an answer to this. I understand planning to be in line 1-1.5 hours early from park opening time. What about on EMH mornings that we plan to attend. If EMH is at 7am should we plan on being there between 5:30am -6am? We will be staying at the Grand Californian and plan on trying to get a boarding group every day of our trip. I’ve been practicing at home but want to make sure we are doing everything right when we get there
I would say that depends on your goals for EMH. Are you planning to get a bunch of stuff done? Or just want to get in prime position for a BG? Or a little of both?

When I do a MM the week after Christmas, I like to be first in line at a gate, so I get there at 6:15am. I like to hit MM hard when I have one.

It's not the week after Christmas, but Rise changes the equation. I'm sure others have more practical experience, but also the Spring Break season will change the equation too. If it were me, I think I would plan on being at Security at 5:45 just to be safe.

BG 123, not too upset since I rode yesterday with bg 13 :) Restarted phone and cleared cache a few minutes before 8, but the app still malfunctioned--kept telling me that BGs were already closed, and I had to close the app and reopen several times. I really do feel like it's a lottery.
As a point of curiosity, what time did you finally get BG 123? And if you are on Android, did you install the app update that came out on the 24th?

Looks like it is go time for you!

I would say that depends on your goals for EMH. Are you planning to get a bunch of stuff done? Or just want to get in prime position for a BG? Or a little of both?

When I do a MM the week after Christmas, I like to be first in line at a gate, so I get there at 6:15am. I like to hit MM hard when I have one.

It's not the week after Christmas, but Rise changes the equation. I'm sure others have more practical experience, but also the Spring Break season will change the equation too. If it were me, I think I would plan on being at Security at 5:45 just to be safe.
Thanks yes a bit of both for sure!

As a point of curiosity, what time did you finally get BG 123? And if you are on Android, did you install the app update that came out on the 24th?
I am on Android and did install the update. Adrenaline was too high to recall the exact time the bg came though, but definitely no later than 8:02

I am on Android and did install the update. Adrenaline was too high to recall the exact time the bg came though, but definitely no later than 8:02
That's a good note. Tells us that up through the 120's were done around 8:02, and then there were 17 more minutes during which they probably distributed up to at least 151 today and possibly 161. So around 75% went in 2 minutes...

Good luck today!

Today was the first time the Join boarding group didn’t light up, clicked on My Status and took a few seconds to load. Got BG 54.

We got to the Harbor stop light at 7:15, through security by 7:39, in the gates at 7:51. Walked across to DCA, no line, in by 7:55

Rough morning for us. Arrived for MM, got a bunch done! Grabbed a bench near BBB at 7:55. Cleared, restarted, etc. Counted down from 7:55:55. BFF on iPhone got 95...it made him relog in to the app. (We installed updates yesterday and had used the app for fastpasses this morning.) My android kept sending error messages. It was super frustrating, but we rode yesterday and still have an ok chance for today. Android kept sending "no boarding groups available at this time" long before BFF and others around us managed to get groups. I thought it was maybe a lag while it switched to backups, but I closed the app, restarted, and got the same message. 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter