Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

This ride is so..............Frustrating. I was fortunate enough to get BG 24, and rode it at 8:45 AM. Things were moving along so nicely, I thought today was going to be a banner day. 8 Hours later, and stuck at Group 93.

Made it to 95 today after a long downtime. We were called at 5:22, but we had just found a spot to watch the parade. It said return by 7:22, so we weren't worried. After the parade passed us we started meandering toward the ride and we opened the app and it showed our boarding group expired and said we were to have returned by 6:22. Even though I knew better I hadn't taken a screen shot of anything. By the time we got to the ride it was showing groups 105-114. I went up to a cast member to ask and she said, "Oh yeah, you're fine." I was still kind of freaked out, but when we went to the check in person she didnt even scan our boarding groups, just waved us through. 🤷‍♀️ Morals of the story: screenshot! And dont be afraid to ask. Also, the line is humongous....practically to the entrance, winding all around. Guessing we're missing our next fastpass.

Looks like they're calling groups, but going at a slow pace. Almost certainly so they can get caught up with people returning after that long downtime.

At 7am the end of the regular queue line (non-MM) is at the WOD entrance in DTD.

...I just heard there are NO reg entrance lines on the Harbor Blvd side.

I was in that line. We got in with plenty of time. We were right outside the WoD doors. There were only 2 regular lines open at 7 am today.

We had amazing success this week after reading this three voraciously for the past few weeks. My wife, my daughter, and myself were all logged into my account on our respective phones, and had success on Thursday from the back corner of Tomorrowland near Autopia. We had an exceptionally strong AT&T signal back there. That day: boarding group 11. We didn't want to mess with success, so tried again from exactly the same spot on Friday and Saturday. Friday: boarding group 12, Saturday, boarding grout 21.

We didn't experience any downtime problems at all any of the three times we rode, and everything appeared to be working properly. It almost literally couldn't have gone more smoothly after weeks of stressing about it.

We got to the toy story lot this morning about 6:30. Got in one of 2 regular lines and were right by the entrance to WoD. Not quite sure what time the line started moving but we got in with plenty of time to spare. We booked a racers fastpass and then exited the park and went to dca. We got group 37 near the entrance on the benches. There were another mother/daughter there trying to get a group. I looked at her app and asked if she had scanned in Disneyland as it showed as not in the park and she did not realize that and said but I got a fastpass for over there. I felt bad for them as she really thought she was scanned in to get the boarding group. We rode soaring over ca and used our racers fastpass and looked at one of the food and wine kiosks and got called for our group. Lined moved well and everything worked right!

The biggest irritation is that when the ride goes down there is ZERO communication from the CM’s. Just some broadcast canned message about “we are boarding no more missions... no ETA”. Over 1 and 1/4 hours sitting on the floor of the cave and not a sign of a ride CM. Someone who claimed to be a CM on another ride went up front and then came back through the Queue and told us that it was a min of 45 mins and max 90 mins before they could reset the ride. That at least was something. She also said if we left (other than to go to the bathroom), that was it we would loose our boarding group and be locked out of the ride for the rest of the day without compensation. Their customer service when this happens frankly, SUCKs!!

it is a shot in the dark as to what group you get. I used the exact procedure and timing that got me boarding group 3 in Orlando and it got me boarding group 50 today.

The biggest irritation is that when the ride goes down there is ZERO communication from the CM’s. Just some broadcast canned message about “we are boarding no more missions... no ETA”. Over 1 and 1/4 hours sitting on the floor of the cave and not a sign of a ride CM. Someone who claimed to be a CM on another ride went up front and then came back through the Queue and told us that it was a min of 45 mins and max 90 mins before they could reset the ride. That at least was something. She also said if we left (other than to go to the bathroom), that was it we would loose our boarding group and be locked out of the ride for the rest of the day without compensation. Their customer service when this happens frankly, SUCKs!!
I am really surprised that this hasn’t been addressed and fixed by now.

It’s really frustrating and disappointing that they are giving this kind of response...seems very un merry / very un Disney. Definitely not a customer service friendly response.

BG 123: called at 7:45 with a one hour window, entered the pre-queue (? after they look at your boarding pass but before they scan it) at 8:10, scanned at 8:30, entered first pre-show at 9, got off at 9:30. Went straight to Haunted Mansion and danced like a dork by myself to Mickey's mix magic before getting in line for Fantasmic dining package seating, so the timing worked out perfectly :)

Bg 13: called at 10:00, got in line at 10:15, off by 10:45. Loved it, and after perusing the spoiler thread, I believe all effects were working!

After going through the ride a second time, one major effect yesterday wasn't working to its full extent, but obviously I would never have known. Enjoyed the ride more now that i know the nature of the beast :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter