Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

At least a very nice long run -- was hoping to see 155+ tonight.

Late start since B-Team couldn't find the start button, and guess they couldn't reset it either ;)
Yeah, it was looking really good with an hour to go.

Though if they can get it back up they might do a late flurry. But we're at 80 minutes down and the folks on twitter have indicated that the CMs said to check back before 9pm...

The app still doesn’t say boarding concluded so if they get back online before 10pm I could see them calling more groups.

Boarding has concluded. Hopefully the folks in the queue got to ride. Anyone hear any reports?

Also, I think I found the impetus for the "single phone rule", but to me this reads more like guidelines...

View attachment 477461
I think this is in response (in some part anyway) to the numerous conversations I've overheard at City Hall and Chamber of Commerce as CMs try to explain to soooo many guests why, even though however many of them tried for BGs on however many phones (each one on their own separate account, of course), they didn't automatically get into a BG together or at all. (Oh! Why didn't the app KNOW they were friends and wanted to ride together??!) Sigh.

@carouselDL - can’t reply to your last post in the first thread for this - I love that you got a BG while on Dumbo! :dumbo:

I think that may be a first!!
We should start a contest to see who can get a BG from the most rides! Or just start a list of rides where you can get a BG. We have Space Mt., PP, Dumbo... what's next??

Short report out from our trip earlier this week (2/23 - 2/25). Thanks to all on this thread for making it a success! Here is what worked every single day:

1 - Line up approx 45 minutes before park opening. Line grows exponentially every minute beyond that. This got us in the park 15-20 minutes prior to opening each day at the main gates.
2 - Have many phones. We used 5 iPhones of varying models, from a 6s up to 11. All phones were logged into the same DL account.
3 - Get an atomic clock, and practice at home to sync it to DL servers. I found DL servers went live ~1 second before my clock hit Opening Time.
4 - Load the app on all phones *many* times that morning to clear out junk. Pop ups, iTunes store rating surveys, offers for the Play App, etc. all need to be cleared. Load, click on "Find out More", check Boarding Status, close the app, clear from memory, and repeat. Did about 4-5 times per phone each AM (found new popups almost every day). Also, ensure all phones have the correct tickets linked while doing this and that everyone in your group actually entered the park. A great way to test this is with MaxPass - if you can get one for the group you are good! We had variable group members each morning so this was important. If you can't delete non-park goers from the prior day group, DL tech support is great and can solve it in about 5 minutes with a phone call.
5 - Turn off Wi-Fi on all phones and close the app (remove from memory) about 5 minutes before Opening. Make sure no other apps are in memory.
6 - Use 1 phone for your atomic clock, and for that one open the DL app about 5 minutes ahead and get the 'Check Status' page open. This lets you swap from the clock to an active button quickly.
7 - For the other phones, we loaded the app 20 - 10 seconds before Opening Time, depending on phone speed. The 11 loads in about 5 seconds.
8 - Do *NOT* click 'Find out More' until your team is ready
9 - Starting at Opening Time -2 seconds, we clicked 'Find out More' sequentially on each phone with a ~1s delay between clicks. This let us get a 4 second spread across 4 phones. The 5th phone with the clock swaps apps to the DL app (already open) once the 1st phone begins and starts to pull-down refresh until the button turns red.
10 - We found many of us got the desired Red Button, but my daughter (iPhone 11) got the actual pass 2 out of 3 days.

Doing this, we improved each day and got BG 42, 23, and 7 respectively.

Of note, we found Rope Drop preceded Opening Time each day by about 2 minutes. We did the above while walking, but you may want to sit down and focus the first time. I also recommend that if you want to do Smuggler's Run, this is the time. Even being near the back of the Rope Drop mob, we'd get to SR and find ~20 minute queues. Given that it's not FP enabled yet, this is the best you are probably going to see all day. And if you get BG 7, you're in the right spot to ride RotR right after SR! ;)

YMMV, but good luck!! :)
Thank you for the detailed report! Quick question for the non-techies out here: How do you clear apps from memory on an iPhone?

Yay new thread! Hopefully we'll cut off some of the repeat questions answered in the first few posts :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
(breathing)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
(scene)

I did notice that the DHS version of this post moved "READ POSTS 1-2" to the beginning of the thread name. We'll have to see how that works for them.
Well, we can but hope, right? DIS superthreads are built on hope...
But, this is a good time to remind our Superthread regulars to send our newcomers and any repeat questioners to the first page to posts 1-3, please! Those posts do get updated often -- and as we see new questions and issues that need to be addressed, those topics will be added to the first page -- so the important, foundational info stays up to date.

We went yesterday. Got BG31 from Red Rose Tavern on an old IPhone 5s. This is the best BG we’ve gotten yet (our third ride). We were called at 11:35am, were in line 20 min, were done by 12:15.

Had a great mini trip. Went arrived Thurs 4pm, only to find a Food & Wine soft opening, tastings without the wait! Did the WOC Dessert Party (the seat was nice, food meh) Thurs night.

Yesterday we MaxPassed our day to the max (rode Space, Matterhorn, Soarin, Big Thunder and Radiator Springs Racers. Got a great train station viewing spot for the new Magic Happens parade about 1 hour ahead.

We had a 1:30pm reservation for a mixology class at Food & Wine and a 2:40 lunch reservation at Blue Bayou. When we had the late start to calling BGs yesterday, we walked over to ROTR to ask a CM how they’d deal with out ticketed event if our ROTR BG wound up conflicting with our ticketed F&W event. We were told in that case, they’d accommodate us even if we were late to our return window. I think this is the first I’ve heard ROTR accommodating the conflict rather than the conflicting venue/restaurant accommodating the conflict. In the end, we didn’t have a conflict so I can’t say what would’ve actually happened.

Parks were quite crowded for Feb weekdays, we thought. Long wait times for everything. Even Thursday night.

PS we got to ride Soarin Across the World Thurs and Soarin Over California Fri. That was cool!

At 7am the end of the regular queue line (non-MM) is at the WOD entrance in DTD.

...I just heard there are NO reg entrance lines on the Harbor Blvd side.

Last edited:
Wow, that is crazy!

I was pretty satisfied with our spots in line this past Sunday and Tuesday, but I prodded my husband so we could be there as early as possible. I even denied him getting waffles at the hotel breakfast on Tuesday, lol.

Wow, that is crazy!

I was pretty satisfied with our spots in line this past Sunday and Tuesday, but I prodded my husband so we could be there as early as possible. I even denied him getting waffles at the hotel breakfast on Tuesday, lol.
Next time tell him to do what I did: stuff waffles into my pockets and eat while walking like I was raised by wolves :p

Played from home. For 10 seconds couldn't join but then went back out and back in and it started working.

First time that's ever happened before.

Wifi didn't work, but other phone on 5G worked fine at home. Something caching in the background. Didn't use atomic clock, but out before :01:00 mark. Backups still available.

Played from home. For 10 seconds couldn't join but then went back out and back in and it started working.

I found that there was a 10 second delay from when I hit "Find out More" until the page loaded. Still got the red/orange button at that point.

With backups still available, it would seem that they didn't get everyone into the park by 8.

I played from home today too and that’s the first that happened to me. Had to restart the app before I could join and they were on to backup groups by then. All within the first minute of park open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter