River Country.

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
I've been trying to find out if RC will be open this summer. I've read here and on other boards that it's closed for the rest of the year. When I called the DC to make our reservations, I asked the CM there. She said no, it's just closed for the season. I told her what I had heard so she put me on hold for quite a while and went to ask someone else. She still says it's just a seasonal thing. I sent an e-mail to DW and their reply was it's closed for the season but to check their web site as our trip gets closer. I have also noticed that they advertise 2 water parks instead of 3. Has anyone seen something in writing from DW saying that it will remain closed? We got our 5 day hopper passes before all of the talk about RC staying closed. Thanks! Diane

The official word is that it's closed for the rest of 2002. It's not a seasonal thing this time. I think they're doing some major changes! The CM's should have all received the memo, but I'm sure with that many people working there, things slip through the cracks once in awhile.

I called about it and the CM read me her memo word-for-word and it said that RC is closed for the rest of the year. :(

It's too bad because River Country was the first water park that I ever visited when I went back in 1980. We spent the better part of a day there, and really enjoyed ourselves. It always felt much more relaxed on future visits, but I haven't been there in 15 years now. I'm wishing I had found the time in the last couple of years. I'm betting it never re-opens. The newer, higher tech parks have just passed it by.

We stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins a year ago, and were told at that time that River Country was closed for major renovations. They said when it re-opened it would be for the use of Fort Wilderness guests only. No date for re-opening was ever given. I hope they haven't decided to keep it closed - I was looking forward to a quiet (i.e. less crowded) water park on our next visit.

They really should make RC part of FW. If nothing else just the beach and the pool. The Pools at FW are so plain compared to the pools at the other resorts.

My River Country memory is not so great!

On our second day of an eleven day trip we went to River Country. As I was running to keep up with my little five year old I trip on a chair and broke two toes!!!!! Oh did it hurt. I walked around the parks with my sore little toes but still had a great trip!

Just got back yeaterday and it was really sad to see River Country and Discovery Island sitting empty from the boat. River Country is still listed on the signs around property. Resort TV still said three water parks, but only talked about BB and TL.

I hope they do something with it:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter