ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, but since Disney have increased the minimum point requirement for direct membership from 25 to 75 points, I wonder if this has had an impact on the number of direct purchase points they require for older resorts?

Had not occurred to me, but absolutely true!

I also feel like they are trying to drive up the cost of resale (and, ahem, it's working) so that people will be closer to that make/break point and turn to direct vs resale in some cases for perks.

We wil likely buy the Gold passes going forward as things stand since we typically don’t go to WDW during the April or December blackout dates. That’s a large savings for us that made it worthwhile (yes, no guarantees that it stays a benefit).
We plan on doing the same. Finding a 75-100 point contract at SSR for March UY is difficult, and will likely cost $115 or more when we do find one. Add closing, subtract TiW and Annual pass savings and there's not much in it short-term. If the perks persist long-term then every year's a bonus!

Day 20 here too! I think the next 48 hours are going to be crucial.

Fingers and everything else crossed :)

Shall we hold hands and look tearful and dramatic while we await the announcement, not unlike at the very end of a pageant???

slide_274384_1975671_free.jpg

Just a thought, but since Disney have increased the minimum point requirement for direct membership from 25 to 75 points, I wonder if this has had an impact on the number of direct purchase points they require for older resorts? That's a 3:1 increase in the number of points required, and I guess a lot of resale buyers will still want to top up to get the 'perks'.
That makes sense - except that they aren't buying back most of the resorts. They seem to be concentrating on SSR, OKW, and AKL. Why those three and not the other popular resorts?

thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21, taken 6/18
Well it's official- I am cursed... barely any points in 2018 and at 97 pp... they bought it back........ Is it me or is price per point going up for ROFR??? It may be just me...
I now have to try one more time- one more month- will be my 4th time......

Last edited:
Is it me or is price per point going up for ROFR???

I completely think this is what is happening. If they drive the cost up enough, resale is not as appealing. This is very deliberate on DVD's part IMO

Also, since they seem to have desire for contracts without a lot of points currently available in or coming for 2018, they seem to be stocking up for the future. Probably for when Riviera rolls out.

thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21, taken - 6/18
Well it's official- I am cursed... barely any points in 2018 and at 97 pp... they bought it back........ Is it me or is price per point going up for ROFR??? It may be just me...

So sorry that is insane! I have an August 175 loaded at 95.5...not looking good

thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21, taken - 6/18
This ROFR makes zero sense. Practically stripped until 2020 for use of points.

Think back. Do you remember crossing a dart wielding monkey and doing something to maybe offend them? Maybe you said something, or accidentally killed a monkey family member? This kinda sounds personal. Like maybe you did something, Thumper.

This ROFR makes zero sense. Practically stripped until 2020 for use of points.

Think back. Do you remember crossing a dart wielding monkey and doing something to maybe offend them? Maybe you said something, or accidentally killed a monkey family member? This kinda sounds personal. Like maybe you did something, Thumper.

I must have done something... Maybe they don't want my money... I am desperately trying to give it to them.... But it makes zero sense to me also... I for sure thought it would pass at 97pp... based on all other contracts that have passed in this thread...

Taken, as expected! We've already submitted a new offer on a Saratoga Springs deal at $99 per point and will share details once it's accepted, approved and sent to ROFR

Making Moore Memories---$87-$19861-210-OKW-Sep-0/16, 0/17, 127/18, 210/19- sent 5/29, taken 6/18

Practically stripped until 2020 for use of points.

Most of the takens are stripped lately though, or nearly stripped. They don't want them for available use now, they want them for available use in ... you guessed it.... 2020 (Riviera!)

thumper729---$97-$16065-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 9/18, 160/19- sent 5/21, taken 6/18

So sorry. :(

Taken, as expected! We've already submitted a new offer on a Saratoga Springs deal at $99 per point and will share details once it's accepted, approved and sent to ROFR

Making Moore Memories---$87-$19861-210-OKW-Sep-0/16, 0/17, 127/18, 210/19- sent 5/29, taken 6/18

I’m sorry. I wish we knew what was going on with all the buybacks. Lots of theories though.

I do agree that the stripped ones are getting bought back much more than the loaded ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter