• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pangyal, just noticed mine shows as waiting in this thread. It had been posted as passed in the previous thread, guess it just got lost in the change over. Here it is again should you want to add it to the passed list.

Rush---$100-$19278-175-SSR-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 3/12, passed 3/26

@pangyal, just noticed mine shows as waiting in this thread. It had been posted as passed in the previous thread, guess it just got lost in the change over. Here it is again should you want to add it to the passed list.

Rush---$100-$19278-175-SSR-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 3/12, passed 3/26

So sorry! I got you now ;).

@pangyal - thank you so much for all the effort you put into this!! Mine was listed as passed in the previous thread, but unfortunately, I’m still waiting : (.

Shannon G.---$115-$18911-150-BWV-Dec-0/17, 5/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/12

@pangyal - thank you so much for all the effort you put into this!! Mine was listed as passed in the previous thread, but unfortunately, I’m still waiting : (.

Shannon G.---$115-$18911-150-BWV-Dec-0/17, 5/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/12

It’s correct on this version, thanks! I can’t access the old one because it’s locked.

Bebec22---$145-$29950-200-BLT-Feb-0/18, 4/19, 200/20-Delayed Closing- sent 4/9

Here we go again. $10 more per point than my last contract and almost no current UY points. Let's see if that makes a difference.

I thought I was still waiting for the contract to be submitted to Disney because I never got an email saying it was sent but I just checked with my broker and it was actually sent on Tuesday!
That's the ticket

DAY 45!!!!!!!!! :scared1: This is just ridiculous now.

Hate to say it, but I think the delayed(ish) closing is motivating them to wait forever to just tell you it's taken. It's really wrong, imo.

We are on day 32. I fully expect ours to take just as long. They're still trying to figure out how many people are willing to pay their direct prices - so now they can just sit on the contract expecting the wait list to lengthen and then take.

Hate to say it, but I think the delayed(ish) closing is motivating them to wait forever to just tell you it's taken. It's really wrong, imo.

We are on day 32. I fully expect ours to take just as long. They're still trying to figure out how many people are willing to pay their direct prices - so now they can just sit on the contract expecting the wait list to lengthen and then take.
Yeah think this is the new method, they have set some line over which a contact will pass. if the contract is below that number they will simply sit on it until they are ready to take it. I assume this has something to do with people buying direct and the wait lists. Their have been rumors that the ROFR people don't talk to the other groups, but I can't imagine running a business this way.

There are so many people waiting well past 30 days, the last time this happened was during the flood with the resale changes, that was likely due to volume, this seems more deliberate. If this is in fact how they are running it, it shouldn't take long for the buyers to know what the number is for each resort, so if you want your contract to pass quickly just bid above that number. The issue with this though is it might be considered price fixing legally, but I'm not a lawyer so I'm probably wrong :) it's an interesting question, when buying direct from Disney they get to set the price because they "create" the product, but in resale, it feels more like it should be supply and demand, not some arbitrary number that Disney decides.

It's a very fine line Disney is trying to walk here. They want more people to buy direct from them, this is clear because they trying to devalue contracts bought via resale, at the same time they try to keep the price of resale up as close to direct prices as possible. It seems there is a danger to this, the idea is drive people away from resale towards direct, but if they hurt the resale market too much and all the buyers move to direct, then they will lose people because they won't buy a contract they can't get out of... Maybe that's not an issue, I suppose when DVC was first created there was no resale market and it still took off... Other timeshares have no value in resale and they seem to work too, so maybe that's what Disney wants.

Enough rampant speculation from me :)

Other timeshares have no value in resale and they seem to work too, so maybe that's what Disney wants.

Disney used to see themselves as a reputation so much classier than the "others". The last few years they've really worked hard to kill that rep. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter