ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
larry47591---$129-$20770-160-AUL-Mar-0/22, 0/23, 0/24, 160/25-Subsidized dues- sent 6/27

Includes a 1100 credit for 2024 dues.

Couldn’t stay way from the subsidized dues. Has to be my last contract for years ha. Will take us to 950 points. Will be hard not to want to get to 1000.

50 more! 50 more! 🎉😂
larry47591---$129-$20770-160-AUL-Mar-0/22, 0/23, 0/24, 160/25-Subsidized dues- sent 6/27

Includes a 1100 credit for 2024 dues.

Couldn’t stay way from the subsidized dues. Has to be my last contract for years ha. Will take us to 950 points. Will be hard not to want to get to 1000.
OMG- that’s where I am with my HHI bid. If accepted, that will put me at 945!😝 we thought about selling an SSR contract that we got really cheap during COVID-1, to offset this year’s purchases, but it would be much more fun to just add on to get to >1,000 😂

If I've learned nothing from this thread... I've learned that I've introduced myself to a new addiction. We are already searching for another contract before our first has even closed. 😂

We sent our closing docs back yesterday. Once that is finalized, I'm assuming we are basically waiting until Disney provides us with a membership number & for points to load? This normally takes a few weeks right?

Last edited:
If I've learned nothing from this thread... I've learned that I've introduced myself to a new addition. We are already searching for another contract before our first has even closed. 😂

We sent our closing docs back yesterday. Once that is finalized, I'm assuming we are basically waiting until Disney provides us with a membership number & for points to load? This normally takes a few weeks right?
Yes after closing occurs, ie money goes to seller and paperwork off to Disney and government, the deed is recorded, and then it takes another 2-3 weeks to get your membership emails. After that many of us have used chat to get points loaded, 1-2 days later.

If I've learned nothing from this thread... I've learned that I've introduced myself to a new addition. We are already searching for another contract before our first has even closed. 😂

Definitely sounds much better than an addiction too. ;)

My purchase offer was accepted at the end of April, but the closing got pushed out. The title company blamed it on the seller, but I had to keep contacting our closing contact to see what was going on (every week) so who knows what was going on. Our contract finally closed on June 14th. I finally could see my name show on the tax records on June 16th, but I am still waiting on the DVC membership number and activation code.

I was told that could take 6-8 weeks and that it could come by email, but it might only come by regular mail. I have chest pains from the anxiety over the wait. I really want to be able to see the availability, so that we can plan the proper dates. I've been using a tool to watch availability, but I don't know how accurate it is. Based on that tool I've watched 3 of our targeted dates for the 11-month 'home' window come and go. And, our fourth option is in jeopardy. I am obsessively watching my email and regular mailbox (I pointed my ring doorbell at the mailbox, so I can watch my daily delivery. And, I run home at lunch to grab it. LOL!).

The 11-month window can be really hard to plan for when flight schedules aren't available yet, and the schedules for After Hours (or Extended Hours) aren't available either.

If I've learned nothing from this thread... I've learned that I've introduced myself to a new addiction. We are already searching for another contract before our first has even closed. 😂

My purchase offer was accepted at the end of April, but the closing got pushed out. The title company blamed it on the seller, but I had to keep contacting our closing contact to see what was going on (every week) so who knows what was going on. Our contract finally closed on June 14th. I finally could see my name show on the tax records on June 16th, but I am still waiting on the DVC membership number and activation code.

I was told that could take 6-8 weeks and that it could come by email, but it might only come by regular mail. I have chest pains from the anxiety over the wait. I really want to be able to see the availability, so that we can plan the proper dates. I've been using a tool to watch availability, but I don't know how accurate it is. Based on that tool I've watched 3 of our targeted dates for the 11-month 'home' window come and go. And, our fourth option is in jeopardy. I am obsessively watching my email and regular mailbox (I pointed my ring doorbell at the mailbox, so I can watch my daily delivery. And, I run home at lunch to grab it. LOL!).

The 11-month window can be really hard to plan for when flight schedules aren't available yet, and the schedules for After Hours (or Extended Hours) aren't available either.
This thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/page-229 is great for info. about how long DVC is currently taking to create new memberships and/or add new contracts & load the points that come w/ them.

...Our contract finally closed on June 14th. I finally could see my name show on the tax records on June 16th, but I am still waiting on the DVC membership number and activation code.

I was told that could take 6-8 weeks and that it could come by email, but it might only come by regular mail. I have chest pains from the anxiety over the wait. ...
It's typically been taking 2-3 weeks to get the membership email and activation code. My two emails came on the same day, 20 days after my deed recorded, so just under 3 weeks. However, they came about 7 hours apart and others have said they only got one and not the other. The next day after I got my membership set up, I reached someone through chat who was able to get me my points.

Oops - I did it again! o_O
I was at my iMac checking for an overlooked email, when a new listing update came from
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
It included an HHI listing for 25 Points with my Use Year so, of course, I had to make an offer, Right !?
I'll wait for a response to see if I'm in the running, then I'll post the string here.🤞
I was outbid😌
Maybe I will post on the new “Offer” thread that Pangyal started….

You can see dozens of people’s recent experiences with that exact thing in the Closing Time thread linked a few posts up. People literally track the exact days of each step.
I have seen a few posts about the closing. I'm more interested to see how long it is taking to receive their points. There has not been many posts with this timeframe. 🙂

I have seen a few posts about the closing. I'm more interested to see how long it is taking to receive their points. There has not been many posts with this timeframe. 🙂
It’s the last thing in every on-topic post. Here’s some examples from the most recent page. If you go back you’ll see literally hundreds more.
Final Update:-Until we buy another contract...LOL

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 4/18/23
Offer accepted: 4/18/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/19/23
Passed ROFR: 5/12/23
Closing docs received: 5/24/23
Closing docs returned: 5/31/23 (buyer)Had to find new Notary otherwise would have been done 5/24
Closing: 6/6/23
Deed recorded: 6/12/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):6/26/23
Points in account:6/27/23--at 1st on the chat they said wait 3-4 business days. I said the person I chatted with said I could check today. after a couple minutes my points were all loaded.

Never got an e-mail that my contract was added, just checked and it was there. It was not there earlier today. Found an e-mail from DVC in my Junk from 4:45 PM

60 Days start to Finish...might have been faster if I found a new Notary faster.

Final Update
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 3/17/23
Offer accepted: 3/17/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/27/33
Passed ROFR: 4/4/23
Closing docs received: 4/4/23
Closing docs returned(buyer): 4/7/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/7/23 (international seller)
Closing: 6/9/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/26/23
Points in account: 6/27/23 after calling for my “orientation”. First thing that was done.
103 days. Lengthy process…..

Final Update!!!!

Was already able to book the 100 points that will expire in March 2024 (contract came with points banked from the previous UY).

Home Resort: VGC
Broker:
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 5/5/23
Offer accepted: 5/5/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/6/23
Passed ROFR: 5/30/23
Closing docs received: 5/31/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 5/31/23
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/6/23 (based on email received from sales associate)
Closing: 6/9/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 6/27/23
Points in account: 6/28/23 (via Chat)

Days Total: 54 days

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 4/19/23
Offer accepted: 4/19/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/20/23
Passed ROFR: 5/11/23
Closing docs received: 6/2/23
Closing docs returned: 6/5/23 (buyer)
Closing: 6/8/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 6/27/23 (3rd contract, never received an email)
Points in account: 6/28/23 (via chat)

Days Total: 70 days

There are literally hundreds of them:

IMG_7649.jpeg
If there aren’t any posts from the past few days, it means that Disney hasn’t been setting up many accounts or provisioning many points in those few days. However, the time frame has been consistent for the past several months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter