ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is SAP? Can’t find that in the acronym list?
It’s kind of outlined in this link but you can slot in your own target price to see how cheap it is for use at 7 months. If PVB was bought at $150 or VGF at $160 then they would be no.1

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/best-economical-dvc-resorts-to-purchase-fall-2021/

However, this analysis falls down when booking at 11 months as you need a lot more points at some resorts. Using average ROFR data this comes out as (RIV never ROFR so use average sale price)

1E7ED8E1-0D68-4740-AF01-688DB3E418D7.jpeg

But even this analysis falls down too as most people use their points in more of a hybrid way of SAP and home booking.

In reality though once you buy in you just seem to forget about all of this and blow all your points upgrading to 1/2BR and that’s when addonitis kicks in

It’s kind of outlined in this link but you can slot in your own target price to see how cheap it is for use at 7 months. If PVB was bought at $150 or VGF at $160 then they would be no.1

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/best-economical-dvc-resorts-to-purchase-fall-2021/

However, this analysis falls down when booking at 11 months as you need a lot more points at some resorts. Using average ROFR data this comes out as (RIV never ROFR so use average sale price)

View attachment 659692

But even this analysis falls down too as most people use their points in more of a hybrid way of SAP and home booking.

In reality though once you buy in you just seem to forget about all of this and blow all your points upgrading to 1/2BR and that’s when addonitis kicks in
For an upcoming trip this month we’re staying at BWV studio for 4 nights and two bedroom at SSR for 2 nights. We are 4 people, clearly don’t need a two bedroom. But found an owner was willing to let go 94 points for $1000 for the two bedroom. I then rented my own 72 points I used to book OKW one bedroom for $1650. SSR two bedroom cost me $350 for two nights. Gotta love a deal!

View attachment 659692

This is a really nice breakdown. Thanks for sharing. There is definitely a logical way to look at all of the economics of it but as you have said, emotions take over and you just burn the points in every which way. At the end of the day it is a luxury purchase and I imagine for many, especially after the purchase price is paid off, the economics of it, goes out the window.

This is a really nice breakdown. Thanks for sharing. There is definitely a logical way to look at all of the economics of it but as you have said, emotions take over and you just burn the points in every which way. At the end of the day it is a luxury purchase and I imagine for many, especially after the purchase price is paid off, the economics of it, goes out the window.
I love cash as much as I love Disney 😂

The simple solution I’ve found is to only buy points at SAP prices! I currently own SSR, VGF and BLT. All are SAP!

Also, if you wait long enough, prices tend to rise and they will become SAP prices by comparison to then current prices.

Also, if you wait long enough, prices tend to rise and they will become SAP prices by comparison to then current prices.
Yes indeed, was fortunate enough to buy BLT and BCV cheap , so the two are SAP points now!

I think SAPs usually have low annual dues and I don’t think Riviera meets that.
For me it depends if you're going to be booking within 7 months in the first place or if you're going to do the 11/7 two-step. If you're going to book at 11 and then switch at 7, VGF is going to cause borrowing problems.

For me it depends if you're going to be booking within 7 months in the first place or if you're going to do the 11/7 two-step. If you're going to book at 11 and then switch at 7, VGF is going to cause borrowing problems.
Are you referring to the borrowing glitch?

Are you referring to the borrowing glitch?
No, the points chart.

If you have 100 points, you're going to need to borrow to book a week in a VGF studio. If your plan is to switch to a different resort at 7 months because these are SAPs, then you just borrowed points for no reason.

No, the points chart.

If you have 100 points, you're going to need to borrow to book a week in a VGF studio. If your plan is to switch to a different resort at 7 months because these are SAPs, then you just borrowed points for no reason.
Good point!
Or in my case my SAP are regular AUL points. Dues are higher but buying them for $70 pp makes them perfect for it.
this is a great point. My math tells me I need to own my subsidized dues contract for 7 years to make up the extra $ I spent over a regular AUL contract In dues. Worth it? Probably not if I end up selling before then

AKA subsidized Aulani points.
I'm doing my very best to avoid buying AUL direct right now but I'm so tempted.

Current: 200 SSR resale, 100 AKV resale

Considering: Sell all my resale points and buy 300 direct, but I want a big fat incentive

The spread on Aulani's 300 point incentive, plus [redacted] additional discount, versus what I could sell my resale contracts for is so slim. Aulani is my favorite resort in the portfolio but I won't go there more than once every three years at most, and I really don't like the idea of not having ANYTHING to book at WDW at 11 months.

I need a $40 incentive at OKW or AKV...

Considering: Sell all my resale points and buy 300 direct, but I want a big fat incentive

The spread on Aulani's 300 point incentive, plus [redacted] additional discount, versus what I could sell my resale contracts for is so slim. Aulani is my favorite resort in the portfolio but I won't go there more than once every three years at most, and I really don't like the idea of not having ANYTHING to book at WDW at 11 months.

You should have bought the crazy AUL fire sale they did in December. $133pp for 300+ points was it? I think you might haveto wait awhile for the incentives you’re looking for.

I was tempted too during the December sale but in the end, I can’t justify not having anything at 11 months for those hard to book times of the year.

I would much rather own 300 direct at VGF for $179/point than at AUL at $133/point

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter