ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately not. We received our closing docs last Wednesday and sent them back immediately. The sellers haven't returned theirs yet. There seemed to be no reason why it took so long to get the closing docs and now the sellers are dragging their feet. The availability for May is dwindling by the day. I am NOT a happy camper. I will try to wait until after all is said and done and then post more thoughts on both Fidelity and First American Title. But thus far, of our four contracts, this has been the most painful.
As genuinely terrible as I feel Fidelity has been during this process for me and for all of you.... I'd still use them again.

For whatever reason, the prices people list their contracts for on that site are just lower. I can deal with some pain and poor communication to save a couple grand.

Unfortunately not. We received our closing docs last Wednesday and sent them back immediately. The sellers haven't returned theirs yet. There seemed to be no reason why it took so long to get the closing docs and now the sellers are dragging their feet. The availability for May is dwindling by the day. I am NOT a happy camper. I will try to wait until after all is said and done and then post more thoughts on both Fidelity and First American Title. But thus far, of our four contracts, this has been the most painful.

For what it's worth, I got expiring points 10 days before they expired, and was able to rent them right away. It helps that you already have a DVC account, so you own't have any delays with setting up an account.

37 :headache::mad::crazy2:

I convinced myself I was purchasing RR after this torture but I talked myself off that ledge.
I'm on day 37 as well. This is our first attempt at purchasing DVC. I don't care if they take it at this point, I just want an answer so we can move forward.
In fact, it has me so frustrated that I don't even want to listen to Disney podcasts right now- and that's a first!

I'm on day 37 as well. This is our first attempt at purchasing DVC. I don't care if they take it at this point, I just want an answer so we can move forward.
In fact, it has me so frustrated that I don't even want to listen to Disney podcasts right now- and that's a first!

I’m afraid to say I’m with you Lynzy. 38 days for me now, I wish they’d just give me an answer so I can move on either way!

We are only at day 21 - but since many had passes at day 12 at our resort I think it is extremely likely ours is getting taken. And I really don't know what we will do if that happens. Maybe just keep the money in stocks like we have been - the return there has been pretty darn good. This whole process definitely feels like Disney is trying to push you to direct. I just don't see the value prop there!!!!!!

It's my first attempt too. I just want an answer as well. Of course a perfect contract just popped up today but I'm sure it will be gone by the time I get my answer.

It's my first attempt too. I just want an answer as well. Of course a perfect contract just popped up today but I'm sure it will be gone by the time I get my answer.
Yes, we had that happen already with one that was listed and had an offer pending this week. Unfortunately we don't have enough cash on hand to have two contracts go through if they don't take this one by some miracle. I feel like they are trying to torment us into buying direct.

As genuinely terrible as I feel Fidelity has been during this process for me and for all of you.... I'd still use them again.

For whatever reason, the prices people list their contracts for on that site are just lower. I can deal with some pain and poor communication to save a couple grand.

I would use Fidelity again for the same reasons you list here, RamblinWreck BUT I would definitely request a different title company other than First American Title :crazy2: Thanks to this thread I now know I can do that :goodvibes Waiting 7 WEEKS after passing ROFR just to receive my closing documents was totally ridiculous :furious:

Fingers crossed. This is our first contract and first attempt.

msc2019---$108-$22614-200-AKV-Sep-0/17, 100/18, 124/19, 200/20-seller pays MF '19- sent 3/27

Good luck! My 150 pt AKV passed at $107pp.
After 9 days of accepting our offer the sellers finally signed the contract and it has been sent off to Disney! I don't hold much hope that it will pass ROFR, but we had to try as it is the perfect contract for us and the price was right.

minniemoo15---$103-$27345-240-AKV-Feb-0/18, 240/19, 240/20 - sent 4/3
Great contract and price! Good luck!

PamTimMN---$87-$26844-300-BRV@WL-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 300/20- sent 3/17

This is our first ride on the merry-go-round.. We'll keep you posted!
Another good one, good luck :)

Things are eerily quiet this week....

They're busy selling Riviera and filling wait lists based on their new UY rules. They're probably trying to figure out how quickly they can move through the wait list before they decide to take more. It blows my mind that people are willing to pay a 30-40% premium to buy from DVC direct. But they will. Everything they've done is working as they hoped. Maybe better. And 2021 reallocation charts are coming.

They're busy selling Riviera and filling wait lists based on their new UY rules. They're probably trying to figure out how quickly they can move through the wait list before they decide to take more. It blows my mind that people are willing to pay a 30-40% premium to buy from DVC direct. But they will. Everything they've done is working as they hoped. Maybe better. And 2021 reallocation charts are coming.
So what are the actual rules regarding ROFR and the 30+ day wait period?

If you've given them more than 30 days already, and their timeliness (or lack thereof) is starting to threaten the effective date on your contract... what's to stop you or your broker from sending a follow up contact that says "You have been given more than 30 days to make a decision on this contract and failed to send a notification. We are taking this as a waiver of your right of first refusal and will now move forward with executing this contract." And should they dislike that and decide to try to take it anyway, what's to stop you from taking them to small claims court over whatever expenses they cost you, and for tying up your deposit for so long?

I'm genuinely asking. I assume there's some verbiage that grants them all the power in the world. But is no one willing to put them to the test on this? It seems from what I have been reading here that their propensity to drag ROFR out to absurd lengths these days is a very new trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter