ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thinks they are going to grab a ton of these that got in right before the policy change because people wanted to get the new resort option. So they know those who submitted ROFR are very interested in owning DVC or adding on. By taking them they now have you in a strong hold because you can go for resale again, but you will not get the benefit of the new resorts. So resale and direct are no longer apple to apples and people may see value in paying the direct price. So maybe they are thinking this will push more people over to buying direct. In the end they can't buy them all back. I would just keep trying. At some point you will get what is right for you.

Me thinks there is still another shoe to drop... As in, I feel like they are buying back a lot to drive up the price of resale AND because they anticipate a run on people buying direct at "legacy" resorts once Riviera opens. I may be wrong but I feel like there will be something different about how DVC 2 works that will turn buyers off...

Me thinks there is still another shoe to drop... As in, I feel like they are buying back a lot to drive up the price of resale AND because they anticipate a run on people buying direct at "legacy" resorts once Riviera opens. I may be wrong but I feel like there will be something different about how DVC 2 works that will turn buyers off...

They have been leaving money on the table for years by not buying up contracts at a huge discount via resale and then selling them direct for a big profit. I always wondered who was in charge of these things. The first interaction I had with DVC was calling to ask about VGF points. They told me it was sold out and only Poly was available. We didn’t want studios only, so we passed and found the resale market. Had they told me they had VGF points, I’m sure we would have purchased them directly from Disney. First time buyers, like myself at the time, can be naive.

They have been leaving money on the table for years by not buying up contracts at a huge discount via resale and then selling them direct for a big profit. I always wondered who was in charge of these things. The first interaction I had with DVC was calling to ask about VGF points. They told me it was sold out and only Poly was available. We didn’t want studios only, so we passed and found the resale market. Had they told me they had VGF points, I’m sure we would have purchased them directly from Disney. First time buyers, like myself at the time, can be naive.
I agree. We probably would have bought AKV direct instead of Poly for our first contract had we known it was an option.

What is dvc 2?

What is dvc 2?

espov, DVC 2 is the term they are using for all resorts going forward, stating with Riviera and all new resorts built after that. All the 14 original resorts are referred to as the Legacy Resorts or DVC 1.

Last edited:
here we go again

adais---$140-$21000-150-BLT-Mar-0/18, 9/19, 150/20-Seller Pays Closing- sent 2/5

Oh my goodness, yay!! Best of Luck! I was so sorry to hear about the first one!

Sorry for all the folks that had contracts taken!!
Big congrats to those that did!!

espov, DVC 2 is the term they are using for all resorts going forward, stating with Riviera and all new resorts built after that. All the 14 original resorts are referred to as the Legacy Resorts or DVC 1.
thank you, that's what i figured :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter