• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Emm Gee guys. Now my broker says there seems to be a mix up with with the title company and she doesn't see its been bought back. She is going to look into it. I could use some prayers. This is so frustrating.
Might want to ask for some compensation for your time with this from the closing company.

How do you know, in this process, when your contract has been sent to Disney for ROFR? Thanks.

I've only done this once, but in my experience, the broker sent me an email saying that they were sending the contract into ROFR (that was with www.fidelityresales.com). Another way to check is to see when the title company pulls your money out of the account. That coincided with the day that the contract went to ROFR for me, though I can't guarantee that's what happens all the time.

I’ve never had any issues from DVC Resale Market. They sent an email immediately when it was sent to ROFR. This is how all brokers should communicate with their customers.
I've found DVC Resale Market totally responsive, communicative and pretty much always on the ball. Their admin staff for me has been incredibly efficient.

We are currently waiting on DVC resale contract to pass ROFR. We submitted it on February 15th for AKL. Out of curiosity, has anyone submitted a resale contract around that time and have found out if it passed. I know it can take a month or so, but it is torture waiting.

Last edited:

We are currently waiting on DVC resale contract to pass ROFR. We submitted it on February 28th for AKL. Out of curiosity, has anyone submitted a resale contract around that time and have found out if it passed. I know it can take a month or so, but it is torture waiting.
The majority of what we've seen come back this week has been from the 2nd week of February.

We are currently waiting on DVC resale contract to pass ROFR. We submitted it on February 28th for AKL. Out of curiosity, has anyone submitted a resale contract around that time and have found out if it passed. I know it can take a month or so, but it is torture waiting.

Yes, it's seeming like the timing has been around 3 weeks, give or take. There are outliers both ways, but I think that's what I'd assume before starting to let the wait drive you crazy.

Thanks for the reply! I did read your entry and wondered how things turned out. Do you know at what point they requested the certificate and when it was sent. I am hoping mine wasn't just sitting at the bottom of the pile for 29 days only to restart now that it was sent yesterday.
I don’t know exactly but I think it was after we had been waiting a few weeks.

What’s worrying me about my $106 AKL stripped contract is that when you look now on DVC resale market, they are listed nearer the $115 - $120 point now. Quite a few realists now too

What’s worrying me about my $106 AKL stripped contract is that when you look now on DVC resale market, they are listed nearer the $115 - $120 point now. Quite a few realists now too
We have had the same price bump experience with BLT. I’ve been taken twice and my first deal was a loaded contract at $138 pp. the one I have now in ROFR is a loaded contract at $150pp. Most of the brokers have started listing them higher too I think in part because Disney raised direct prices $10 too at the end of January.

As an addition to two recent comments regarding confusing calls from First American, I have an executed offer through Fidelity with First American title doing the closing. ROFR was submitted 2/26 so I was surprised to receive a call today from a woman who identified as an assistant of the escrow officer and stated she was making a courtesy call to verify that I “received the documents”. I asked which specific documents as I was caught off guard since I received direct confirmation via email from the escrow officer yesterday that she received the documents sent to me for signature thus far. The assistant could only identify the documents as “Docusign” and not by their purpose. We chalked it up to miscommunication on their end, although I do appreciate the follow-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter