ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to factor in closing costs when making an offer, can anyone point me to a resource for how closing costs are calculated?

Nikkimouse44---$89-$15381-150-SSR-Jun-0/22, 150/23, 300/24, 150/25- sent 12/21 -PASSED 1/9!!!!

Would it be unreasonable to consider a contract with only 150 points available June 2025 worth $78 or $79 per point in comparison to a loaded contract like this?

Would it be unreasonable to consider a contract with only 150 points available June 2025 worth $78 or $79 per point in comparison to a loaded contract like this?
I think I got very lucky with this contract. This was the third one we put an offer on. Most others would not go below $92 a point. And most listings are not below $93 a point at the lowest that I have seen, most of them being above $100 a point even stripped.

So far January SSR deeds have been recorded with price per point as follows

220 pts @ $95
200 @ $94
300 @ $87
150 @ $98
300 @ $86
160 @ $92.50
250 @ $75.20
160 @ $87.50
300 @ $90
150 @ $94.66

I think I got very lucky with this contract. This was the third one we put an offer on. Most others would not go below $92 a point. And most listings are not below $93 a point at the lowest that I have seen, most of them being above $100 a point even stripped.
I think those stripped contracts (I have seen the postings) are priced much too high.

So far January SSR deeds have been recorded with price per point as follows

220 pts @ $95
200 @ $94
300 @ $87
150 @ $98
300 @ $86
160 @ $92.50
250 @ $75.20
160 @ $87.50
300 @ $90
150 @ $94.66
I’ve been looking on a site that lists all the major brokers listing. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say it here or not but the prices I’ve been seeing are in the $95-$115 range per point.

I made 3 offers and one flat at rejected an $80/point. One we couldn’t reach an agreement but we were close but they were around $91, and then there was the one we landed on.

It might take some time finding, negotiating, but it seems like most sellers don’t really go much lower than their listing price in my experience, and I only have those three offers to go by.

I’ve been looking at the website in case my contract didn’t pass and wasn’t able to find anything in our price point, most were listed over $100/point

I’ve been looking on a site that lists all the major brokers listing. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say it here or not but the prices I’ve been seeing are in the $95-$115 range per point.

I made 3 offers and one flat at rejected an $80/point. One we couldn’t reach an agreement but we were close but they were around $91, and then there was the one we landed on.

It might take some time finding, negotiating, but it seems like most sellers don’t really go much lower than their listing price in my experience, and I only have those three offers to go by.

I’ve been looking at the website in case my contract didn’t pass and wasn’t able to find anything in our price point, most were listed over $100/point
They may all be listed higher but based on the data Tom is pulling, they aren’t actually selling anything much above $90.

They may all be listed higher but based on the data Tom is pulling, they aren’t actually selling anything much above $90.
Understood, but the original comment was if it was unreasonable for $78/$79 per point for a stripped contact. Based on my (limited) experience, with making offers, I think that would be hard to find or come to an agreement with by a seller.

Understood, but the original comment was if it was unreasonable for $78/$79 per point for a stripped contact. Based on my (limited) experience, with making offers, I think that would be hard to find or come to an agreement with by a seller.
If I took the points, you received and considered the points above the 2025 points worth $8 per point and subtracted that value from what you paid that takes the value to about $78 per point.

I was asking because I will just buy a loaded contract unless the owner of a stripped contract will sell for less than a loaded contract minus the extra points value.

On your contract that would be the 450 points x $8 subtracted from $15381.

Is $8 per point a reasonable value. I think so.

There enough comparable contracts that you can place loaded and stripped contracts side by side and bid accordingly.

And I am seeing exactly what you are seeing on the list prices. There are many that are selling for over $100 per point per the deeds but there are enough as I have listed that there is a market for $85 to $95 bids and most of those are not stripped. On a stripped contract $85 would be high.

There are 7 stripped contracts in August priced at $95 to $103 per point. One was just listed 6 hours ago the other 6 have been on the market from 35 to 120 days.

Like a boss….
It’s my first time doing a swap, but I feel like I’ve gotten each of my contracts at an all-time low so to sell high and to get another at a low feels like a big win. It almost makes me want to move my VGF since those are high again and I got it super cheap. But I love that place and it’s a small contract so it’s hard to justify

I just remember someone on here talking about how they’ve bought and sold frequently with the right timing and I guess it stuck someplace within. Only if I had more funds available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter