ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be unreasonable to consider a contract with only 150 points available June 2025 worth $78 or $79 per point in comparison to a loaded contract like this?
Understood, but the original comment was if it was unreasonable for $78/$79 per point for a stripped contact. Based on my (limited) experience, with making offers, I think that would be hard to find or come to an agreement with by a seller.

I absolutely do not think $78-79 pp for a stripped contract is unreasonable, I might even consider it to be high. Yes, you have to land on the right combination of motivated seller with UY/points you want. I tend to think that sellers with loaded contracts might be a little more eager to sell than those with stripped contracts. I think with a stripped contract it indicates that the seller is still using the points, or has very recently done so, or is a corporate entity that rents out all of the points --> maybe significantly lower incentive to sell. But loaded point contract may mean seller has tired of WDW/whatever resort and doesn't want the hassle of renting them out and may actually be more negotiable. These are just my thoughts and I only own one contract so take this all with a grain of salt but I paid $80pp for my SSR contract with more than half of the previous year's points plus the current year's.

PointsCentric---$125-$34138-250-PVB-Mar-0/22, 0/23, 500/24, 250/25- sent 12/29

I plan to rent out the 250 ‘free’ points that were banked into 2024 to reduce my cost further.
Wow, great price. Where did you find this one?

I absolutely do not think $78-79 pp for a stripped contract is unreasonable, I might even consider it to be high. Yes, you have to land on the right combination of motivated seller with UY/points you want. I tend to think that sellers with loaded contracts might be a little more eager to sell than those with stripped contracts. I think with a stripped contract it indicates that the seller is still using the points, or has very recently done so, or is a corporate entity that rents out all of the points --> maybe significantly lower incentive to sell. But loaded point contract may mean seller has tired of WDW/whatever resort and doesn't want the hassle of renting them out and may actually be more negotiable. These are just my thoughts and I only own one contract so take this all with a grain of salt but I paid $80pp for my SSR contract with more than half of the previous year's points plus the current year's.
You make some very good points.

The majority of recorded SSR deeds today showed sales of over $100 per point. There were 2 for $95.

There were no BLT sales recorded
I think I just saw one listed at $95....also when dvc called me last week they were having a "Flash Sale" on SSR.

Updated!

5kidsmommy---$94-$17397-160-SSR-Feb-0/23, 160/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 1/10, passed 1/31

We are really excited. I've been trying to get my husband to buy for years, we've been renting points for a few years. Well after our trip last week he started really investigating and I had tons of spreedsheets, I was ready.

We are so happy to be near Disney Springs because we don't do a ton of park days anymore, most resort and springs day.

Last edited:
Listed two contracts with DVC Resale Market yesterday and the BWV sold at full asking price within an hour and BRV sold at full asking price in one day. Much thanks to these boards with helping me determine what I thought was fair market. Should have started higher :)

WDW Couple---$130-$5200-40-BWV-Aug-0/23, 0/24, 39/25 sent 1/11
WDW Couple---$135-$6750-50-BRV-Aug-0/23, 100/24, 50/25 sent 1/18

Last edited:
Listed two contracts with DVC Resale Market yesterday and the BWV sold at full asking price within an hour and BRV sold at full asking price in one day. Much thanks to these boards with helping me determine what I thought was fair market. Should have started higher :)

WDW Couple---$130-$5200-40-BWV-Aug-0/23, 0/24, 39/25 sent 1/11
WDW Couple---$135-$6750-50-BRV-Aug-0/23, 100/24, 50/25
Congrats for you. The purchase of that BWV does not make any mathematical sense. That person is over $16 a point after dues added in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter