ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you break down the different components? Is that pp + closing + dues?
That contract is stripped of 2024 points. So…

$115pp/16 years = $7.19pp

Amortize closing costs to $710/25points/16years= $1.78pp

So: close to $9pp + $8.67 in dues = $17.67pp ish (not including opportunity cost).

OR… $3,468 in dues (+inflation) + $3,586 buy in = $7054 lifetime contract cost

5 SV studio nights over 5.3 trips = 26.5 nights.
$7054/26.5= $266/night. Walk away…. Math done.. put the points in my account….

BUT…. those SV studios are a knife fight at 11m (except for late July/August) and you don’t have enough points to pivot to another category if you are doing an every 3 year bank/borrow…. so it’s a risky move….

Switching it to GV/BW jumps the cost to 19 points for night… and 75 points gets you 3.95 nights…. 1 frickin point short of 4 nights (76 points)….. whoever created these points charts…. just cruel… they really need to have 11m OTUPs….

Last edited:
Technically my zone of vacation is 15 per night (week night). I could stay Sun-Thursday in late Jan. (or goes up to 16 on the weekend or early Feb)

Alao, should be asking if that price is fair for 25points, since I’m pretty set on buying. lol
The only ones I see in the rofr thread that are cheaper are much bigger contracts.

Technically my zone of vacation is 15 per night (week night). I could stay Sun-Thursday in late Jan. (or goes up to 16 on the weekend or early Feb)

Alao, should be asking if that price is fair for 25points, since I’m pretty set on buying. lol
The only ones I see in the rofr thread that are cheaper are much bigger contracts.
It’s priced lower than the 50 pointers on the market (even with stripped points)…. so I would put it in the “priced to sell for the category”

https://www.dvcforless.com/listings?resorts=BoardWalk+Villas ranks it as a 3 star and all other contacts under 100 points as 2 stars.

She likes BLT. Super close to MK, large rooms with lots of bathrooms, low ppp, low dues, no long hallways…. and a much kinder point chart than VGF…

I
And soon to be refurbished. Now may be a good time to snatch a resale contract.

I’m just hesitant to book there while the refurbishment is in progress. I fear they will relocate people like with BWV. If I book a 1 BR there for the 2 full bathrooms and laundry, I don’t want to be moved to a hotel room.

And soon to be refurbished. Now may be a good time to snatch a resale contract.

I’m just hesitant to book there while the refurbishment is in progress. I fear they will relocate people like with BWV. If I book a 1 BR there for the 2 full bathrooms and laundry, I don’t want to be moved to a hotel room.
We are Hawaii/California focused, so WDW needs to be an emotional check mark for us and not a value buy.

But…. if others are WDW every one to two year families who are value focused…..hard to argue against BLT as a long term play unless they love WL.

That contract is stripped of 2024 points. So…

$115pp/16 years = $7.19pp

Amortize closing costs to $710/25points/16years= $1.78pp

So: close to $9pp + $8.67 in dues = $17.67pp ish (not including opportunity cost).

OR… $3,468 in dues (+inflation) + $3,586 buy in = $7054 lifetime contract cost

5 SV studio nights over 5.3 trips = 26.5 nights.
$7054/26.5= $266/night. Walk away…. Math done.. put the points in my account….

BUT…. those SV studios are a knife fight at 11m (except for late July/August) and you don’t have enough points to pivot to another category if you are doing an every 3 year bank/borrow…. so it’s a risky move….

Switching it to GV/BW jumps the cost to 19 points for night… and 75 points gets you 3.95 nights…. 1 frickin point short of 4 nights (76 points)….. whoever created these points charts…. just cruel… they really need to have 11m OTUPs….
An important takeaway is that $710 in closing costs is an effective additional $28/pt on a 25 point contract. As @AstroBlasters said, it can still be a good value if you stalk/walk, but if you’re buying a small resale contract, it may be closer in price to a direct buy than you think (obviously not at BCV/BWV though!).

Nope, it sold.
But now I know I’m good with that price range. And I have a year to find it.
I think the small value contracts at BCV/BWV will hold value in next 5 years whereas I expect over 100 point contracts to drop under $100pp
If you’re buying over 100 points at those resorts now you are probably committing to keep until bitter end now.
I could make money on 70 point contract I bought 3 years ago but I love the split stays for a few days at festivals and walking to 2 parks is such an advantage

An important takeaway is that $710 in closing costs is an effective additional $28/pt on a 25 point contract. As @AstroBlasters said, it can still be a good value if you stalk/walk, but if you’re buying a small resale contract, it may be closer in price to a direct buy than you think (obviously not at BCV/BWV though!).
What are directs closing costs?

What are directs closing costs?
Curious about direct costs as well, & do they even have BWV points?

Yes, this is the “short cut” I was looking for.

So… 115/17=6.77 + 8.67 = $15.44.
**** that's almost as much as my VGC pp. lol

I definitely need to look into some cheap SAP+ if I add any more. But for this small of a contract, I’m not too worried about resale value.
I know a lot of people do the math (as they should) and do a downward value adjustment for the shorter term remaining resorts, but I know more than one family who preferred the shorter terms, in their minds, if things got ugly/weird with the DVC resorts and resale was not viable, at least they would not be committed to management fees past the expiration date, which they see as a good thing ;) Granted, a rather negative outlook, but everyone has their viewpoint. But a lot of buying a timeshare relates more to viewpoint rather than "hard" numbers.

I almost hit on a 25 point contract that looked low, but when I added in the www.fidelityrealestate.com "service fee" and adjusted for points coming (their value if rented minus maintenance fees) - found a far more expensive "per point" Listing that was the same net, and a Use Year that I preferred. Unless something has changed that Broker also has a term in the purchase agreement saying if the Buyer cancels (after the 10 days) they lose both the deposit (negotiable hint hint) and are liable for the full Seller-side commission (without knowing what that is, or any adjustment if sold to a 2nd buyer)... it's important to read the contract fine print, even after you think you've "negotiated" a price ;)

Curious about direct costs as well, & do they even have BWV points?
It’s showing in the “add on tool” at $240pp. You could potentially get two years worth of points that you don’t need at an in-demand resort and sell those off to bring your effective rate down.

My closing costs for Aulani were $574.

So that is $23-25/pp (if you amortize the closing costs) x 15 points/night = $360 a night. More expensive for sure, but you can also finance them @ 0% for 6m on a Disney Visa and get some more interest in the bank … get some Disney Reward $’s for dues…

Also, if you get 23 and 24 points you can sell them off OR use them at DLand if there is availability during a trip there.

It’s showing in the “add on tool” at $240pp. You could potentially get two years worth of points that you don’t need at an in-demand resort and sell those off to bring your effective rate down.

My closing costs for Aulani were $574.

So that is $23-25/pp (if you amortize the closing costs) x 15 points/night = $360 a night. More expensive for sure, but you can also finance them @ 0% for 6m on a Disney Visa and get some more interest in the bank … get some Disney Reward $’s for dues…

Also, if you get 23 and 24 points you can sell them off OR use them at DLand if there is availability during a trip there.
Exactly what I’m thinking, direct points would have some added value, especially for us west coasters!!

Exactly what I’m thinking, direct points would have some added value, especially for us west coasters!!
High cost, more flexibility.

You can get a Duo PV in Jan/Feb @ DLH for a
Similar point cost as a SV BWV studio.

Definitely not “like for like”…. but it gives you options.

I would say direct will be about $21-22pp after closing but you could even ask for 30 points if that fits better with your plans
True, 30 points would be nice to have a few extra, and I can get whatever UY I want. ;)

It’s crazy how much I was concerned about cost/value and now I’m considering direct on a 2042 resort. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter