room only rates

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the room only rate (I have an AP) should be for the Disneyland hotel in the off season? (Mid January)? I was quoted 1000 Euro for 3 nights for 2 people, but this sounds like too much for room only.... anyone know for sure?
I've heard it's hard to get the room only rate... I did call the DLP reservations directly and told them I have an AP.... but they insisted 1000 for the 3 nights was correct...

Jody,

I called for room only rates for the SL for that time of year, and the rates they quoted me werevery high there too...It seems that room only rates are almost as high as pckage rates....I do know that the HI has cheap rates for that time.

Good luck :)

Actually for SL I got a very good rate - 25% off for AP holders... it comes to about 350 Euros for four nights. But for the Disneyland Hotel, it wasn't clear if what they were quoting me was actually the "room only" rate, or if it was the regular rate with park tickets included...
Does anyone know how/where to find actual room only rates? Or, does anyone know what the rates are for Disneyland hotel (regular or room only?) for January!?
Thanks!
Jody

Don't know about the room only rates, but have I dug out my copy of the DLP Winter price grid and had a look.

The package rate (i.e. with tickets) but no transport, arriving after 9th January (but not on a Saturday, as that's more expensive) with a standard room at the Disneyland Hotel for two people is £740, which I believe should be about 1020 Euros.

Obviously that's before your AP discount, so it does look like they are quoting you the "with tickets" rate, not room only.

For comparison, a room for 2 people at the Sequoia Lodge from the same grid with the same conditions came to about 540 Euros.

Thanks for checking that - it's very enlightening. Actually we will be there over a Saturday - both the Friday and the Saturday nights are a bit more expensive. Perhaps that explains why I was quoted 1000 Euros... I phoned DLP again and STRESSED that I had an AP and did not want park entrance, and again I got the 1000 quote. If we were to come earlier in the week (between Jan. 10 and 13, it went down considerably - forgot how much though). The Disneyland Hotel never gives an AP discount. The Sequoia, with the discount is VERY reasonable. That's why we're staying there for the first 4 nights or our trip - which altogether cost less than 1/3 the price of the last 3 nights at the DL! I realize it sounds like I have a screw loose... but I just really really want to stay at the DL! (It's only money, right!??)
Thanks again,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter