Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Happy to report that my treadmill outing last night was both easy and uneventful. You could even call it boring. Which after last week is perfectly fine with me. I was watching World of Dance on the gym tv but I had my own dance music in my ears so my brain was braking a little when the dance moves weren't matching what I was hearing. Passed the time though.

One thing I did notice was when I walked to my car to go to the gym my brain thought "hmmm, it doesn't feel too hot out" but I decided to keep walking to the car and not get off track about running inside. When I left the comfort of the air conditioning after my run the hot air hit me like a wall of thick muggy horribleness and then I was like "yeah, ok, good decision not to actually run in this." Fun fact: Should be 91 degrees today :)

Roxyhubby said he'd try to get a Triathlon recap out to y'all sometime soon. And then I'll weigh in with my version which includes mostly drinking coffee and doing a ton of race math while zipping around trying to get in good spots to spot him. And take 1000 pictures.

Bonus question of the day: What do y'all find is a good thing to get for running at race expos. What do you generally like to get in person whether it's for fit or to test function or just because you can get a better deal than online, big box store, etc.
Reason I'm asking is that I decided to skip all the amazon prime fun yesterday because I've got my RnR expo on Friday and it's generally a big expo that has just about everything. And so I'm itching to shop. Doesn't mean I'll buy anything, but I'm itching to :)

Wow that is one awesome medal, and I'm not even a medal guy...so nice.

If you need any sort of a push to do a triathlon I will be more than happy to shove you :)

Me too! I've got lots of practice encouraging people to try new things, right @Keels?

Bonus question of the day: What do y'all find is a good thing to get for running at race expos. What do you generally like to get in person whether it's for fit or to test function or just because you can get a better deal than online, big box store, etc.

Shoes! I try to stock up on running shoes at expos because they usually have good discounts on older models. I sometimes find good deals on compression wear too because CW-X, 2XU, and Zootz often provide expo discounts.

Me too! I've got lots of practice encouraging people to try new things, right @Keels?

Shoes! I try to stock up on running shoes at expos because they usually have good discounts on older models. I sometimes find good deals on compression wear too because CW-X, 2XU, and Zootz often provide expo discounts.

For this expo, I will be kid-less and off work so have the time to be annoyingly thorough in my shoe booth scouting. I'm excited about that.

Reason I'm asking is that I decided to skip all the amazon prime fun yesterday because I've got my RnR expo on Friday and it's generally a big expo that has just about everything. And so I'm itching to shop. Doesn't mean I'll buy anything, but I'm itching to :)
Agree with shoes. I also bought a Spibelt at an expo, which was nice because the employee at the booth helped me "fit" it correctly. :)

I usually don't pick up much at expos. Usually my shoe size is too weird but if you can get them I'd definitely recommend that. I also like trying on clothes and would love to visit an expo that had InB. The one thing I do try to get (beyond race specific swag) is specialty items I want that the local running store doesn't carry. For example my friend had a Dr. Cool wrap for her knee and it was so amazing that when I saw them at a runDisney expo I bought one.

I looked up the Philadelphia for you and it says:
Run either the inaugural 10K distance or the 5K race on Saturday, September 16 and the half marathon on Sunday, September 17 and you’ll be walking away with fun memories, the feeling of accomplishment and THREE pieces of bling.
So if you run that 5k too...

AHHH that looks fabulous!!! Thank you for researching. I totally missed all of that remix challenge stuff on the website when I first signed up for the half! First order of business before I even consider signing up for that 5k: I would need to get out of a night shift at work on that Friday, or I won't be able to remain upright. =P I'll keep you posted!

Fashion Update! Because Wed was an off day and I don't run until tonight...what else is there to talk about, really?

So right before my Tink weekend trip I had scored some Loft shorts for $14.99 each (which is a deal if you know how much they normally cost...cough $50+ cough.) And I limited myself to just two pairs because I only had a few days in the parks. Well today I find a shorts sale email in my inbox and normally I just delete them, but my brain was thinking "I wonder" and sure enough the same type of shorts were $14.99 again! Surely they wouldn't have my size...but they did. ACK! So yeah....
Justification time: I don't like tight shorts and these fit me nicely and are a little loose. And I'll need more shorts for my beach vacay in August and WDW trip in October... And they are cute...and oh shut up...I don't need to justify this!!!

So here's what I got (as modeled by not me) and now because I'm a disnerd I'll need help figuring out what disbounding characters these can turn into. Since I already have Belle and Sleeping Beauty covered with my other shorts.

Not me modeling shorts #1

imageService

Not me modeling shorts #2
imageService

And Not me modeling shorts #3
imageService

Is anyone shocked by the colors or patterns that I picked? I'm guessing probably no. Now off to lock my wallet away at least until tomorrow.

edited to add @roxyhubby I guess now that you follow my blog there's no escaping hiding this purchase :)

Ahh! Very cute! (I have recently sworn off shopping at loft b/c of its terrible return policy... but this might sway me back!!)

#1: Jasmine! These scream "River of Light" to me too btw!
#2: Was Originally thinking Belle, but since she's taken.. Cindy?
#3: Alice or Rapunzel? I feel like these need flower ears or a flower crown with them.

Ahh! Very cute! (I have recently sworn off shopping at loft b/c of its terrible return policy... but this might sway me back!!)

#1: Jasmine! These scream "River of Light" to me too btw!
#2: Was Originally thinking Belle, but since she's taken.. Cindy?
#3: Alice or Rapunzel? I feel like these need flower ears or a flower crown with them.

So I know what you are referring to with the Loft return so this is how I've figured out shopping there (because it is still my favorite clothes for how they fit my tall but slightly curvy body type.) I go into the physical stores and find the cut and size I like and then I just wait for that to go on sale online which I know they don't really let you return sales stuff. But I only buy it if I KNOW it's the cut and size I like. So Riviera shorts in 4" or 6" inseam for instance. I have a pants cut I like too..but it's super specific. And dresses and shirts I'm starting to learn to only buy in stores because those are more hit or miss for me.

Ok on to the themes. You are a genius on pair #1...this can be the ones I wear on our Animal Kingdom night because A) Pandora BLUE! & B) Rivers of Light. Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

You know, perhaps I can have multiple Belle shorts. I mean I have yellow Belle, why not Blue Belle too. Maybe shorts 2 just need to be Belle :)

#3 Flower ears!...I own flower ears that would match. Perf!!

I didn't even think about Pandora! Perfect! I can't wait to hear all about your trip... trip reports are one of the best parts of Dis. :)

I really like pair #3 because your shirt options are basically endless! Do you have a favorite place to get Disney shirts? I follow approximately 1 trillion on insta, but have yet to pull the trigger.

Ok, so I really like how loft clothes fit too. They are fit more for women v. juniors (like so many clothes are now... I prefer to dress semi-modest and not show my goods to the world!). Unfortunately my closest Loft is now 2-2.5 hrs away (I truly live in the middle of nowhere), so trying them on isn't always the easiest. I do have a gift card (from previously mentioned bad return) to use, but I am *trying* really hard to save it for fall clothes. I'm over summer. ;)

I didn't even think about Pandora! Perfect! I can't wait to hear all about your trip... trip reports are one of the best parts of Dis. :)

I really like pair #3 because your shirt options are basically endless! Do you have a favorite place to get Disney shirts? I follow approximately 1 trillion on insta, but have yet to pull the trigger.

Ok, so I really like how loft clothes fit too. They are fit more for women v. juniors (like so many clothes are now... I prefer to dress semi-modest and not show my goods to the world!). Unfortunately my closest Loft is now 2-2.5 hrs away (I truly live in the middle of nowhere), so trying them on isn't always the easiest. I do have a gift card (from previously mentioned bad return) to use, but I am *trying* really hard to save it for fall clothes. I'm over summer. ;)

Save your card for Fall then...I love Loft's light weight sweaters! #enabler
I find that Loft runs big for pants (and usually but not always for sweaters and shirts too) And since I have a very "athletic" backside (it seriously is a giant muscle and it will never go away no matter how skinny I get; 16 year old me knows that to be true.) So some stores where I have to size up to fit my backside, well then I end up with the dreaded huge waist gap or my pants literally start falling off me an hour after wearing them, but sizing down and then it's too tight around the waist. So yeah...shorts/pants are a challenge. I've gone off topic.

I haven't found one place I like best for Disney shirts. The disneystore online tends to have the weirdest cuts for women (too boxy, or big sleeve holes, or weird smelling fabrics) but then I find really cute ones in the physical stores. #headscratch
I love so many Etsy ones I see on instagram but I hate having to wait for a shop to open and then fight people over the available sizes, etc. Blech. I honestly end up buying blank t-shirts at target more often then not in disney-ish colors and then accesorize.

Save your card for Fall then...I love Loft's light weight sweaters! #enabler
I find that Loft runs big for pants (and usually but not always for sweaters and shirts too) And since I have a very "athletic" backside (it seriously is a giant muscle and it will never go away no matter how skinny I get; 16 year old me knows that to be true.) So some stores where I have to size up to fit my backside, well then I end up with the dreaded huge waist gap or my pants literally start falling off me an hour after wearing them, but sizing down and then it's too tight around the waist. So yeah...shorts/pants are a challenge. I've gone off topic.

I haven't found one place I like best for Disney shirts. The disneystore online tends to have the weirdest cuts for women (too boxy, or big sleeve holes, or weird smelling fabrics) but then I find really cute ones in the physical stores. #headscratch
I love so many Etsy ones I see on instagram but I hate having to wait for a shop to open and then fight people over the available sizes, etc. Blech. I honestly end up buying blank t-shirts at target more often then not in disney-ish colors and then accesorize.

I have several fall weddings to attend this year, so I hoping they have some cute fall dresses. I think pants are hard in general to buy, but you know what always fit? Leggings. I occasionally wear them to work with a tunic or dress, but I should commit to wearing them more. ;)

Yes. Yes. Yes. I really agree about the timed sales! I love so many of the designs, but the sales are tough for me. Also, not to sound overly frugal, but sometimes almost $40 for a tshirt seems a bit much, doesn't it?

I have several fall weddings to attend this year, so I hoping they have some cute fall dresses. I think pants are hard in general to buy, but you know what always fit? Leggings. I occasionally wear them to work with a tunic or dress, but I should commit to wearing them more. ;)

Yes. Yes. Yes. I really agree about the timed sales! I love so many of the designs, but the sales are tough for me. Also, not to sound overly frugal, but sometimes almost $40 for a tshirt seems a bit much, doesn't it?

I wish they let us wear leggings at work...since 90% of my closet is leggings. :(

And amen to $40 for a shirt always feeling ouchie. Give me $8 target shirts all day everyday. Even though they aren't always the thickest fabric....they work especially well for layering.

Have you ever tried Uniqlo? They have some very cute Disney tops at great prices. And...err...sorry to be an enabler too teehee. :) Love the shorts!

I FORGOT ABOUT UNIQLO. I watched a youtube about the big store in Disney Springs that I would very much like to check out. I saw at least 10 shirts my husband would be a fan of, so maybe we need to add that to our non-park day at the end of our trip. Do they sell the disney shirts online...gonna go google that later today. Hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Do they sell the disney shirts online...
Oh yes...lots of Disney stuff online. It's a constant struggle not to buy ALL THE SHIRTS, pj pants, slippers, etc. =P
They have a store near us, but they don't usually have a lot of Disney stuff. Will have to check out the one in Disney Springs too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter