Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm realizing that:

1. People have an unrealistic idea of how far apart 6' is. It's really not that far, and there is most definitely 0 need to shout or even remotely raise your voice, for a 6' distance.
2. People like to make a lot of judgmental assumptions - I know plenty of people who don't need a lot of social contact (they're called introverts) as well as people who don't need a lot of physical contact (we all thrive with different things) - and they're wonderful people. Not miserable, anti-social people.
3. Some people seriously have a problem with change.

Every single person here has enjoyed social contact from a 6' distance before, they just don't realize it. You've all stood 6' away from your friends, your family and had no problem with it. You have all gathered in a group, stood around talking with a group of friends or colleague at any number of settings - anything from a backyard gathering to an office party (or any other type, lol) to having guests in your kitchen, or heck, if you really want to go back, played with kids on the playground... In that setting, at some point (or for much of it), you were 6' away from the other person(s) you were conversing/interacting with - and you had NO problem with it. You enjoyed it. People are just throwing a fit about it now because they're being told they have to do it.

The saying, "Life is what you make it?" applies here. You can choose to be miserable and moan and groan and complain, or you can choose to make the best of it. Would I love to hug my family and some of my friends? Sure. But I can't right now, so instead, I will choose to make the best of it. And, as a result, we've had some great socially distanced visits. DH's best friend dropped by last week, and we had a great visit, outside on the deck, all 6'+ apart, for 2 hours. We laughed, we joked (in a perfectly normal speaking voice, I might add) and in all honesty, it wasn't different from any other time we hung out. The reality is, this rule isn't going to change much in your interactions with friends/family, other than you can't touch them.

Outside of touch, the change is perception only.

Some psychologists have already cautioned social distancing and quarantines for extended periods could take a toll on mental health. (There has already apparently been a spike in domestic violence cases). Then you add in the fact people are becoming unemployed and losing all their savings and their homes. Remember during the great depression, there was a spike in suicides.

Humans didn't evolve in isolation. We are social animals. Even introverts get lonely. Experts are expecting in the coming weeks and months an increase in diagnoses of depression and anxiety-related disorders.

No they won't have mask police - yet. They might have CMs giving anytime FP+s away to families or groups that they observe within the park wearing masks though.

It's as much about protecting the CMs as well as other guests, so I think that feeling will be appreciated.
So the family wearing masks will get an extra set of FP’s. I’ll be mask free and getting a dozen sets of extra FP’s by refreshing.

Some psychologists have already cautioned social distancing and quarantines for extended periods could take a toll on mental health. (There has already apparently been a spike in domestic violence cases). Then you add in the fact people are becoming unemployed and losing all their savings and their homes. Remember during the great depression, there was a spike in suicides.

Humans didn't evolve in isolation. We are social animals. Even introverts get lonely. Experts are expecting in the coming weeks and months an increase in diagnoses of depression and anxiety-related disorders.

This is really what I was trying to get at. I'm following the rules now and agree it's the best solution for the short term, but there are people who think social distancing is the "new normal" and will be a permanent change. It simply can't and won't be.

That was all I was trying to say. We won't be doing this for YEARS, but I respect that we have to do it for months.

Social distancing doesn't equal stay at home. They are starting to open up things again. Social distancing is here to stay for awhile. You can still interact with people by being 6 ft apart.

There's a huge difference between the social isolation and quarentine they're talking about, and standing 6' away from a bunch of friends talking to them. They are two completely different things.

While I was working from home, my computer was on one side of my dinning room table and my wife, also working from home, was on her computer on the other side. I just measured and we were 7 feet apart. There was no yelling.

As for "new normal" and "social DIStancing", that will be around for a couple more years. After that, it will all be just referred to as "normal" until the next thing hits that will establish the next "new normal".

If "flattening the curve" refers to my belly, yeah I don't need to hear that again.

Last edited:
So the family wearing masks will get an extra set of FP’s. I’ll be mask free and getting a dozen sets of extra FP’s by refreshing.

And then wearing your mask to go inside for the ride. Good for you.

Especially when people start filling empty bottles to steal sanitizer- you know they would! Every member of the family can walk out of the park with a water bottle’s worth of hand sanitizer 😂

They would probably try! But considering that it would only dispense a small dollop at a time it would take about five minutes of constant pumping to fill up a water bottle, and by then somebody would catch them.

Last edited:
All this arguing over masks seems a little pointless to me. I’ve yet to see 1 post where someone said their mind was changed. lol But whether you are in favor of them or not, Disney is going to do what they’re going to do. You either follow their requirements or you don’t and stay home.

But the hundreds of posts arguing about it is probably the best clue that Disney isn’t going to require masks. If they do, they can’t enforce it. Then they’ve put out the idea that wearing a mask is needed, people who want them think guests not complying are putting them at risk and boom, you’ve got guests going after each other.

At most, they’re going to list it as an option. I’d bet my AP on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter