Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two cents I have on the mask debate is that I would think Disney would be hesitant to require them especially in the summer months due to any potential liability if there are heat related issues with mask wearers. If you require them, and somebody gets overheated and passes out, what liability do you have for requiring the mask?

That actually happened. Someone was wearing mask while driving in New Jersey. They passed out and crashed into a tree. Police claim they passed out due to insufficient oxygen because they had been wearing an N95 mask for several hours straight. Of course the pro-mask people are criticizing that explanation.

I think it would be more likely that they cancel all the MNSSHP than the parks not being open at all for the rest of the year - maybe that is what the phone CM meant? Some of the biggest draws of the Halloween parties are things that are definitely challenging to manage - crowds for the parade and fireworks, CMs handing out candy and long lines for character meets- so it would not surprise me to see them canceled rather than heavily modified. I am firmly on the side of thinking a longer closure of the parks is safer but even I think they are probably reopening this year and likely by the end of the summer at the latest.

I agree that this is more likely what the CM meant.

If they fired every CM who gives out wrong info, Disney would not have any CMs.

LOL!

Masks won't be required. They really can't be because there is no way to enforce it without having Mask Police constantly going through the crowds checking every single face all day every day.

I think they'll be very strongly encouraged but there's just no way they can make them mandatory, especially since you're never going to get very little kids to wear them. I can only imagine how many masks they'd have to fish out of the water in small world and Pirates every day from kids throwing them overboard.

Instead they'll enforce social distancing and have tons of hand sanitizer stations all over the place, along with attendance restrictions.

Anyone think the June 1st date could be Disney Springs and Resorts only?

Last edited:
Disney seems to disagree with people who think the “mask thing” is overblown and will die down, considering how long it’s going to be until people receive the Disney masks they pre-ordered.

Probably have a vaccine before you get them.

Sports teams are selling them with the team logo on them.....most are backordered for literally months now. One team site says expected delivery is September!

Probably have a vaccine before you get them.

Sports teams are selling them with the team logo on them.....most are backordered for literally months now. One team site says expected delivery is September!

Backordered is one thing, Disney put them up for preorder knowing nobody at all is getting them until what mid June? Definitely putting their eggs in the people are going to be wearing masks in 2 months basket. Or I guess they could be capitalizing on the demand for them and not caring if they’re useful to customers but I doubt it.

I’m team recommended not required. Enforcement would be a massive issue.

Masks won't be required. They really can't be because there is no way to enforce it without having Mask Police constantly going through the crowds checking every single face all day every day.

I think they'll be very strongly encouraged but there's just no way they can make them mandatory, especially since you're never going to get very little kids to wear them. I can only imagine how many masks they'd have to fish out of the water in small world and Pirates every day from kids throwing them overboard.

Instead they'll enforce social distancing and have tons of hand sanitizer stations all over the place, along with attendance restrictions.

No they won't have mask police - yet. They might have CMs giving anytime FP+s away to families or groups that they observe within the park wearing masks though.

It's as much about protecting the CMs as well as other guests, so I think that feeling will be appreciated.

Anyone think the June 1st date could be Disney Springs and Resorts only? That could still make sense with them booking and offering the free dining plan right now.
Maybe Disney Springs will open June 1st. I have my doubts the resorts or parks will be. Its going more then a month to put measures in place. They will need signs put up, tape in all queues to mark for social distancing and they will need to test rides. On top of that CM's haven't been called back yet.

Maybe Disney Springs will open June 1st. I have my doubts the resorts or parks will be. Its going more then a month to put measures in place. They will need signs put up, tape in all queues to mark for social distancing and they will need to test rides. On top of that CM's haven't been called back yet.
I agree, seems like a lot of work, but they do get those holiday decorations done pretty quickly.

Disney encouraging June 1st reservations was a bad idea and even worse was offering free dining. Odds are they will have to cancel a lot ADRs cause of limited capacity. It would be nice if this causes the end of ADRs.

I'm realizing that:

1. People have an unrealistic idea of how far apart 6' is. It's really not that far, and there is most definitely 0 need to shout or even remotely raise your voice, for a 6' distance.
2. People like to make a lot of judgmental assumptions - I know plenty of people who don't need a lot of social contact (they're called introverts) as well as people who don't need a lot of physical contact (we all thrive with different things) - and they're wonderful people. Not miserable, anti-social people.
3. Some people seriously have a problem with change.

Every single person here has enjoyed social contact from a 6' distance before, they just don't realize it. You've all stood 6' away from your friends, your family and had no problem with it. You have all gathered in a group, stood around talking with a group of friends or colleague at any number of settings - anything from a backyard gathering to an office party (or any other type, lol) to having guests in your kitchen, or heck, if you really want to go back, played with kids on the playground... In that setting, at some point (or for much of it), you were 6' away from the other person(s) you were conversing/interacting with - and you had NO problem with it. You enjoyed it. People are just throwing a fit about it now because they're being told they have to do it.

The saying, "Life is what you make it?" applies here. You can choose to be miserable and moan and groan and complain, or you can choose to make the best of it. Would I love to hug my family and some of my friends? Sure. But I can't right now, so instead, I will choose to make the best of it. And, as a result, we've had some great socially distanced visits. DH's best friend dropped by last week, and we had a great visit, outside on the deck, all 6'+ apart, for 2 hours. We laughed, we joked (in a perfectly normal speaking voice, I might add) and in all honesty, it wasn't different from any other time we hung out. The reality is, this rule isn't going to change much in your interactions with friends/family, other than you can't touch them.

Outside of touch, the change is perception only.

If that works for you that’s great.

I agree, seems like a lot of work, but they do get those holiday decorations done pretty quickly.
And they put up decorations while the parks are open all day. If they call back CM's in 2 weeks, that would give them 2 solid weeks of 24 hour prep work. plenty of time if you ask me. But again, what do i know or anyone else for that matter.

I don’t really see the holiday changeover as being analogous to what needs to be done now. They have that down it’s done every year this is something they have never had to do before. I have no idea how long it will take but it’s definitely gonna be more challenging than a holiday changeover.

Last edited:
But as social distancing related to Disney which is what this thread is about I don’t see it being a big deal. You can be close to those in your party.

I wasn’t referring to specifically Disney in the post that was quoted. I am aware you don’t distance from your own group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter