Rumor: Disney to charge for extra FP+ after Avatarland and Star Wars Land built

Star Wars , I can understand, but Avatarland, no. It is going to be like the Jurassic park ride at Universal studios.

Bumping this up. Yeah, I'm sure I'll get the mods ticked because I'm bumping a 7 year old thread THAT TOTALLY TOLD YOU ABOUT DISNEY GENIE 7 AND A HALF YEARS BEFORE DISNEY'S OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

And I told you WHEN it would happen (probably after 2020).

The old Moderator would block many of my posts because they were unconfirmed. I was right about Solo (yeah, I know, there was no boycott it was just Star Wars fatigue...). I was right about Rise of Skywalker not going over $1 billion (yeah I know, it made $1.05 billion so I was WRONG)

But once again I'm proven RIGHT. I even got the damn date right SEVEN YEARS AGO.

Last edited:
It’s $15/day…unless you want to ride the big rides. Then, you get to pay even more. So I’m paying three times to ride the rides, for the ticket, for the Genie+, and for the plus to the +, or I can stand in two hour lines for every ride. How anti-guest money grubbing can they possibly get? No more perks (Magical Express, EMH, magic bands,free fatspasses), increase costs ridiculously and then fee on top of that…TWICE!
Bumping this up. Yeah, I'm sure I'll get the mods ticked because I'm bumping a 7 year old thread THAT TOTALLY TOLD YOU ABOUT DISNEY GENIE 7 AND A HALF YEARS BEFORE DISNEY'S OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

The old Moderator would block many of my posts because they were unconfirmed. I was right about Solo (yeah, I know, there was no boycott it was just Star Wars fatigue...). I was right about Rise of Skywalker not going over $1 billion (yeah I know, it made $1.05 billion so I was WRONG)

But once again I'm proven RIGHT. I even got the damn date right SEVEN YEARS AGO.

So interesting reading your first thread. You nailed it.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

🥇

I know someone who works at Disney's Corporate Finance area. He works at the corporate office, not at the parks. According to my source Disney wants to charge for FP+ to increase revenue, similar to what other parks are doing. He says the reason they haven't done it is they don't have enough rides that demand FP+ and so there aren't enough FP+ slots to sell.

Basically he said that if they offered FP+ for sale, but they ran out of slots and you couldn't buy the FPs it would be a PR nightmare.

The solution, according to him, is that Disney needs to build more high-priority rides. So once Avatarland and Star Wars Land are built he says they will then start charging for FP+. He says it probably won't be a resort-type benefit, but instead it would be priced in groups: 3 FPs for $15, 5 for $25, unlimited for $50. Those aren't actual prices, just something he said they've been throwing around.

He also said they are going to end free FPs at some point and make people pay for the benefit.

The most important thing to take out of this is he said this is the finance group's long range financial plan concept and these changes would happen towards the end of their 10 year financial forecast. So probably after 2020.

This is what I think they are going to run into at the $15 G+ price point and whatever they start out with the LL pricing (I am guessing $5, $10 & $15ea/pp). Once they roll this out they will realize there is higher demand than they expected and quickly/considerably raise prices by March 22 to offset the HUGE demand and "PR nightmare" of all of the LL's selling out and G+ selected before lunch.

Definitely a relief to see that the Genie was the plan for a decade. Good to know they aren't just taking advantage of the Pandemic, like so many on these boards assert.

Star Wars land hasn't even been confirmed. Any plan which eliminates free FP+ and charges the same price for resort guests and non-resort guests won't be happening (JMO) Too many guests will decide to "pay" for their FPs by saving money staying offsite.

I'll put this in the same category as a rumor started by a bus driver.

Rumors about paying for FPs have been around since Disney first started to offer FPs. I'm sure many ideas for charging have been discussed by Disney.

How's that crow tasting?

I haven't read through the whole thread yet so I have no idea how anyone else feels about this but if this is true, I am selling my DVC points and am done with being a loyal guest at the Disney parks. My husband has had it with the ticket increases and the horrid fastpass+ so if they start charging for fastpasses, well goodbye Disney for us. :(

I'm curious...this thread is 7 years old. You were "done with being a loyal guest" then. I'm truly curious, how many times have you been back in those 7 years? And did you actually follow through and sell the DVC points?

How's that crow tasting?
A lot has changed in 7 years. An extended closure. New leadership who are looking to squeeze $$$.

Implied in my original comment was not in the near or foreseeable future. Crow isn't on my menue

edited to add I think Disney has cutback too many onsite perks. Did Disney resort resort delivery of stuff purchased at DS or parks? After the 50th is over Disney may want to restore some of the onsite perks.

Last edited:
A lot has changed in 7 years. An extended closure. New leadership who are looking to squeeze $$$.

Implied in my original comment was not in the near or foreseeable future.

I love revisionist history. Please point out SOMEWHERE in your post that it implied not in the near or the foreseeable future. Not only does your comment not say anything about "foreseeable future," you were responding to the VERY FIRST POST that said "probably after 2020".

I'll wait.

Last edited:

Thanks for bumping this up. I just love watching people trip all over themselves trying to back away from comments they've made in the past. "Well, that's not what I meant." "You're taking it out of context." It's right there in black and white! LOL Revisionist history.

Does your friend still work for Disney?

BTW, isn't that the definition of a rumor, something that's unconfirmed?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter